boothill 15-Aug-14
MATHEWSSHOOTER 16-Aug-14
Lone Bugle 17-Aug-14
MATHEWSSHOOTER 17-Aug-14
Lone Bugle 18-Aug-14
Nesser 18-Aug-14
Lone Bugle 18-Aug-14
07-May-14
My son and I both drew S-12 Ram tags, any assistance from folks with first hand experience there would be greatly appreciated.

07-May-14
A Family Double!!!

How cool is that and being ressy sheep hunters sure as hell don't hurt!!

How very exciting---how old is your son? if ya don't mind---

Good luck, Robb

07-May-14
He is 18

08-May-14
Thanks----

He is a perfect age for the whole experience.

Enjoy you 2.

Good luck, Robb

08-May-14
Congrats! My first Ram hunt was S12 with my dad. We have drawn together 3x's now (2 other times in 32) and he drew alone in 32 while I had 5 years off.

I would contact Nesser, Marvelous, Ramhunter... Get in touch with Marv C., but the biggest thing is just being in the right place...

Be patient, my advice would be to take what you can get. With a rifle tag you can pass up and be selective. Bowhunting them can be really simple or the most challenging thing you will ever attempt with your bow.

Have fun, no matter how you finish, enjoy the trip! It will be a hunt you both will always remember.

08-May-14
Oh, you might also contact Eric O., I'd offer some info but our experience was back in 1988 when I was in High School and would not likely be of much use now...

08-May-14
Congrats on the great tags! You have come to the right place for help, when I had the NR tag in 2010 I received great advice from Bowsite. I will let the experts on here help you, good luck.

08-May-14
Congratulations! Such a fun hunt in amazing country! Eric Owen (lone bugle) knows the unit as well as anyone. Also Marc Clyncke lives in it. I'll PM you tonight with some Intel but ordering a s12 map from huntdata.com would be a great place to start. You're gonna enjoy this!

08-May-14
Meant to say Marv Clyncke....same phone auto correct

08-May-14
Randy I pm'd you call me and I will be glad to help. There are not a lot of secrets in s12. Congrats. Hope you kill a good one.

09-May-14
Thank you everyone! marvelous, I don't se the PM yet would you mind sending it again?

09-May-14
Congrats!!! You will get great information from the gents on here...I did, but putting your boots on will still be your best bet. Your welcome to PM me any time, drop me your phone number and we can go over my hunt from last year. You will also be able to watch my hunt as it will be presented on the Sportsman Channel in July.

Best of Luck!

Chris Nowak Co-host Pure Hunting

10-May-14

Nesser's embedded Photo
Nesser's embedded Photo
Here's my good buddy Dave's rifle ram from S12 last year. Big Roman Nose, giant bases, 162".

10-May-14
Eric owen here... Awesome news! Glad to help!

13-May-14
I bet my ram is going to be bigger than yours!

24-May-14
I hunted S12 back in 1996 and wasn't impressed but I think it's gotten a little better over the years. I participated in the DOW sheep count that year and though I saw more sheep than the other counters, none was over 3/4 curl. Same while scouting on 3 different trips. I hunted mostly north of Weston Pass and made it over to Buffalo Peaks once. I drew a rifle tag and tried to bowhunt it for 5 days, but the rifle hunters kept screwing up my stalks. Ended up getting my ram with the rifle.

I finally get to hunt sheep again this year after 18 years of waiting.

24-May-14
Laszlo that's awesome! What unit?

I hope all is well.

27-May-14
Eric, I drew S51. Been looking at harvest reports for years and it seems to have some nice rams. I drew one of two archery tags. I think you helped me scout S12 back in 1996 and I really appreciated the help.

25-Jun-14
Who has been up to the unit yet? I'll be up next weekend.

06-Jul-14
Thinking someone must have seen something!

21-Jul-14
Talked to two guys at the CBA Jamboree who went up to Weston on Saturday. They said they saw three rams moving from Weston to Ptarmigan.

Not too long now boys!! ;-)

25-Jul-14
S-12 bowhunters....check out Lewie Foltz's article in the new Bowhunter Mag. Nicely done!

25-Jul-14
Exciting to hear Eric we are ready to go. Nesser I will pick up Bowhunter Mag. Thanks for all the helpful tips.

27-Jul-14

Nowork's Link
My archery S-12 ram hunt from last year will be shown TONIGHT on the show called PURE HUNTING which is on the Sportsman Channel at 10pm and 12pm (EST). Hope you can get some tips from watching it regarding the unit and the type of hunt that awaits you gents. Good Luck and keep up posted on your adventure!

Chris Nowak Co-host PURE HUNTING

30-Jul-14
Great show Chris and nice Ram. Thanks for the information you provided, we are ready to get up there and hunt.

03-Aug-14
I was up on Saturday watching sheep and hunters trying to get to sheep. Did anyone connect?

03-Aug-14
Come on boys. Let's hear the stories.

03-Aug-14
Eric, are you going to make it for any of the hunt?

05-Aug-14
I haven't heard a thing....my buddies wife has a tag in S-9 and haven't heard from them either.

10-Aug-14
Spoke with Charlie this morning. He called from the top of Weston. They have a band of 8 that they are watching.

Any other news?

12-Aug-14
Come on.... either everyone is getting skunked, or everyone was swore to a triple probation secrecy oath....

14-Aug-14
Alright, I guess I'm going to have to drive up there this weekend and ask around.........

14-Aug-14
Lone Bugle,

Please keep the rest of us posted about outcomes to date.

15-Aug-14
My guess is Lone Bugle is up there by daylight in the morning. He just can't stand not knowing what is going on.

16-Aug-14
1 LESS IN 12 ALSO

17-Aug-14
Brandon, did someone connect? What did you hear?

I saw two groups of rams, one in Four Mile, and one south of Weston. Never saw any hunters, but I was moving pretty quick.

17-Aug-14
yes 1 down and out in 12

18-Aug-14
Great! Who got it? Any details?

18-Aug-14
I hear its at Barry Smith's and 150ish. That's all I got at this point.

18-Aug-14
Awesome!

• Sitka Gear