ToddT 30-May-14
Beendare 30-May-14
60X Strings 30-May-14
dhaverstick 02-Jun-14
CD 02-Jun-14
MDW 03-Jun-14
velvet mulie 03-Jun-14
30-May-14
By no means am I a newbie at bowfishing, but I am far from a well seasoned bowfisherman. Up until now, I have only bowfished during the day. But I have been told that bowfishing is tremendously better at night. Have you guys found this to be true? Also, any advice that you feel would be helpful for myself or any others with very little experience.

One thing in particular, does anyone use a sight on their bowfishing rig?

Should I tune a bowfishing rig?

I am certain I have lots of questions, but cannot think of them right now, so even if it seems like common knowledge please share, as the knowledge may not be as common as you think. Thanks for any tips.

30-May-14
Sights; some do some don't, personal pref

Tune; YES! A must, you shoot it into the water for no splash- just makes a sucking sound

night vs day; I think conditions are conditions. I will take a calm hot day to a cool windy night- and vice versa. Night is better in the respect to the fish having a hard time seeing you through the lights...and are generally just a bit less spooky.

30-May-14

60X Strings's Link
I like fishing at night better. You're usually out there by yourself and it's not super hot. If you have the right boat and light setup it can be a blast.

02-Jun-14
Every time you think you've aimed low enough, aim lower!

02-Jun-14
Aim low x2! :)

Daylight or dark... both times can be effective, but I lose less sleep bowfishing in the daylight. Also, sunlight is free... setting up a boat with lights typically costs a pretty penny.

CD

03-Jun-14
Larry, do a little checking in your area, I bet you could get a ride with some night fishermen if you ask.

Don't see any folks in my area using sights, but most do use some type of retriever and safety slides.

03-Jun-14
20% minimum

• Sitka Gear