txhunter58 22-Jun-14
Thunder Head 23-Jul-14
AwHunt73 23-Jul-14
huntforever 23-Jul-14
IdyllwildArcher 23-Jul-14
LIBuck 21-Aug-14
hike2hunt 21-Aug-14
21-Jun-14
Howdy bowhunters, I'am hunting a spot in Montana this year i haven't hunted in 10 years and my maps are getting beat up. Whats the best site and maps to get these days ? like ones that show color for forested areas. Thanks

21-Jun-14
mytopo.com, is what I always use. I'd be open to other suggestions.

21-Jun-14
mytopo.com

21-Jun-14

Serrano's Link
Here are all 7.5 minute maps.

21-Jun-14

Serrano's Link
Here is another.

21-Jun-14
The best part of mytopo is you don't have to buy multiple USGS maps in order to cover the area you are interested in. You can also customize in several ways with things like UTM ticks or lines, shading, aerial imaging, etc.

21-Jun-14
All The USGS maps are free above. You just print them. Ken

21-Jun-14
Another for MyTopo...

21-Jun-14
My-topo, hands down. Make and customize you own maps. But, years ago I got my maps for $9.99 each. Today, with the Huntin Fool logo on the website, each map, $39.99.

21-Jun-14
"Today, with the Huntin Fool logo on the website, each map, $39.99."

Holy crap, I've never paid that much for a mytopo map! I think the last ones I bought this year were the middle sized that cost around $17. The smaller were like $10.

22-Jun-14
Mytopo ++ They cost $14.95 when I go through monstermulies

23-Jul-14
txhunter58

How do you get the discount? Its showing full price when I follow the link in the store section at MM.

23-Jul-14
I have been looking over our county's GIS website. They show all private property boundaries, who owns them, and also map overlays.

23-Jul-14
I like the acme mapper 2.1. You can get labeled satelite, topo, etc any where in the world. http://mapper.acme.com/

23-Jul-14

IdyllwildArcher's Link
I use the link for scouting as it's easy to click back and forth between satalite and topo images.

My Topo has a great feature where you can make a custom map. I've payed for and ordered some, but if you just want to look at a little area, you can make it just that area and then hit preview and look at the area. Save the link and you can go right back to it even if you don't' buy the map.

21-Aug-14
question on the mytopo maps...

the key isn't very clear. i get that the 4 wheel drive trails are the double dashes with yellow... but then there are alot of dashed lines coming out of these.

i am assuming that these are trails, but the key doesn't say that.

another newbie question... back east when you go hiking on state land the trails are marked by colored trail markers.

if the dashed lines i mentioned above are trails, are they marked at all? if yes, mytopo doesn't indicate what color marking each trail is. is there a source that does have that?

thanks

21-Aug-14
gmap4 or mappingsupport.com

• Sitka Gear