Mule/IN 27-Jul-14
cityhunter 27-Jul-14
Tpb 28-Jul-14
loprofile 28-Jul-14
Weasel 29-Jul-14
Sharpester 30-Jul-14
bb 30-Jul-14
22-Jun-14
After a lot of looking and test drives, I have decided on a 4x4 Kubota B2320HST. I already have a Woods tiller and 5' finish mower and am getting the Kubota with a front end loader, brush hog and 5' grader box. I went a bit smaller than I originally planned, but the trails and size of my plots dictated that this unit would work nicely. My little 1/2 ton can handle the 18' trailer, tractor/bucket/box and one other implement (mower, brush hog or tiller) so I am pretty sure I am good to go.

I manage 72 acres of mostly hills and hollers and only have a few options of a 1/2 acre or less for plots. There is a 4.5 acre hayfield in the middle of the property, a small stream with 2 springs feeding it and a 3 acre pond on the adjoining property that is only 20' from the property line.

The west property line is a power-line clear cut with about a 80 yard long by 35 yard wide area that is flat enough to plant something. Thinking of maybe tackling a fall plot in the creek bottom as well, but may just concentrate on enhancing covers with tall grasses and such.

I've been doing everything with my atv for a couple of years now and am pretty excited to use my new Kubota! the property belongs to my brother in law and by maintaining the trails and logging roads and doing a bit of perimeter mowing I have hunting access and can put in plots. If it were mine, I would do some selective timber harvest and some re-planting, but as it is I have no complaints. Mike

22-Jun-14
Your gonna have a blast with that! Nothin like landscaping for wildlife and harvesting some delicious protean frm all ur hard work! Good Luck!

22-Jun-14
And I will add that your Kubota is gonna serve you well. I have had my M5700 for over ten years and during that time I have replaced two lift cables, batteries twice and it is currently in the shop to get the clutch cable replaced ( my fault ). I don't baby it either ! Still runs like a top and does anything I need to do.

22-Jun-14
You'll be well served with it. I've got a 4WD B2920 HST w/ front loader and it's an ass kickin' little tractor.

23-Jun-14

Gonzo's DeerBuilder embedded Photo

Enjoy the Kubota! I routinely haul my Kubota Grand L3830 on an 18 ft car hauler with box blade loaded up front and the loader over it cradling it and my 6 ft brushhog on an 18 ft car hauler trailer. I do lots of tractor side work and repair lots of driveways and brushhogging and some of my customers need it all done the same day... I do spraying with my 4 wheeler so sometimes I have the Polaris 500 spray rig in the bed of the truck. My truck is 3/4 ton but I am pretty sure I sould handle the tractor and 2 implements with 1/2 ton...

23-Jun-14
Tractor...

23-Jun-14

23-Jun-14
Congrats on the new toy, I am jealous.

24-Jun-14
We are on our third Kubota,great tractors.Currently have a L4240 HSTC and a L3000DT.

27-Jul-14
Like a dummy, I didn't get any pics but last month I took the new Kubota with the bush hog and grader box and doubled the size of my original foodplot. I also cleared/cut/leveled a couple of trails thru the thicket. Took the chainsaw and leaned some of the scrub trees away from the cut trails to let a little more sunlight in and did my spraying. This Saturday I hooked my brother in laws OLD 48" Woods tiller to the new tractor and tilled, planted, fertilized and cultipacked the plot, the trails and the old logging road in less than half the time that it used to take me to just do a small(-1/4 acre) plot and half of the logging road with the Arctic Cat. It has made the home chores a breeze and I am more than happy with my purchase. I planted a bit earlier that I had planned, but we had rain coming in with decent temps (mid 70s to mid 80s) so I took advantage of the weather and got it done. I WILL take some pics the next time I get over there. Mike

27-Jul-14
best of luck Gonzo how is the l38 I was close to getting one few months back package deal !!

28-Jul-14
Just bought an L3800 only 18 hrs and have been having a blast with it. Have busted up some thick brush with the mower, just watch out for flying debris!!!

28-Jul-14
Nice rig

29-Jul-14
Congrats! I also made the switch to proper plotting equipment this year after years of scratching by with ATV sized equipment. I got a great deal on a 1984 John Deere 750 with a loader. I borrowed a brush hog & tiller and had a blast putting in plots this year. Sounds like you are too. Post some pics for us!

30-Jul-14

Sharpester's DeerBuilder embedded Photo
Sharpester's DeerBuilder embedded Photo

Awesome choice!! I have a little bx25. It will do a lot of work and I love that I can get it into super tight places without making a mess. You will be very happy. There is a little shot as I was getting ready to give it a scrub. Great toys.

30-Jul-14

bb's embedded Photo
bb's embedded Photo
Here's my Kubota Powered toy The amount of different attachments available is incredible.

• Sitka Gear