Weasel 01-Aug-14
dm/wolfskin 01-Aug-14
Weasel 01-Aug-14
Medicinemann 11-Aug-14
26-Jun-14
Can I come use it in a couple months?

26-Jun-14
Cool, congrats...

Can't even walk in my field without sinking ankle deep in slop... We have record highs of rainfall for the month of June in my area...

26-Jun-14
I can't believe Loesshillsarcher is daring to tread on a topic about cornfields!!

26-Jun-14
Pat, we have had trouble with the deer hammering our corn before it makes ears. They love to eat the tassels off of it. We had to start fencing some of our fields. Should keep the deer out and Ned as well!

26-Jun-14
Haaahaaa. Sorry Pat. Night vision optics make the unseen seen. lol Back to the topic now. hehe

07-Jul-14
" looking good " Sho 'nuff !

07-Jul-14
yes you are. all the corn was just flaten .the eye of andrew came right over my house. their will be no corn crops in my county. Forrest

08-Jul-14
Pat, That looks amazing. Your food plots are beautiful. My first try at a soybean plot is a little behind yours in growth but is starting to get significant deer pressure. Hopefully it can withstand the browsing pressure. Next year I will have to fence it.

08-Jul-14

olebuck's embedded Photo
olebuck's embedded Photo
I planted RR corn as well.

Came back after I sprayed Glyph when the corn was about 12-15" tall.

after burn down I broadcast on top of the dead grass some clay peas.

corn is drying up and clay peas are kicking off good in-between the rows.

31-Jul-14
Pat, it looks like your son is also approaching 7 feet :-)

31-Jul-14
Looks just about perfect

31-Jul-14
Oh NO!

01-Aug-14
Looks great Pat. Can you walk us through the process from preparation, to herbicide & fertilizer applications and maintenance? In a decade of food plotting, I have never planted my own corn. I have the space for up to 5 acres worth and I know it would be a great late season draw for deer in our harsh winters.

I hear you zbone, the record rainfalls continue in NE Ohio. I don't know when the farmer will be able to get in to spray the beans. We could use a solid week of hot, dry weather.

01-Aug-14
Pat you got 36 or 38 row spacing?

01-Aug-14
Thanks Pat. It looks a lot less intimidating spelled out like that. We've had a couple of wet springs in a row, maybe I'll give it a try next year depending on conditions.

02-Aug-14
Pat, Looks good. Can you post a picture of your row planter. Thanks.

11-Aug-14
Pat,

You are light years ahead of most corn crops to the west of you. Do you have a charger on your perimeter fence?

For someone with no foodplots, what does the 98 days refer to....being ready to harvest? If so, for harvesting purposes, it would be ready to pick by September 3rd?

Since that is about a month or month and a half before hunting season.....was that timing intentional? Do you want the deer to have 45 days in the corn before hunting starts, so they are comfortable moving around in it...and you can pattern them by opening day?

Do you need to harvest a given % of the corn (and sell it) in order to get full tax advantages from the property and associated equipment?

• Sitka Gear