NY Bowman 19-Aug-14
Chris Durando 27-Aug-14
Chris Durando 27-Aug-14
NY Bowman 27-Aug-14
Chris Durando 27-Aug-14
NY Bowman 27-Aug-14
300 Win Mag 27-Aug-14
30-Jun-14
Anybody else get a public waters tag this year? I'll be heading back down for my 8th year in a row.

30-Jun-14

Panhandle Bob's MOBILE embedded Photo
Panhandle Bob's MOBILE embedded Photo

Good luck Terry. Grilled some gator steaks yesterday.

30-Jun-14
Me and the family will be chasin them lizards again! Mike

30-Jun-14
How do public nonresident tags work? Just over the counter? $?

30-Jun-14
ttt

01-Jul-14
Cheque, it is a draw system. You generally apply the last week of April and results come in toward the 1st of June. It is a rather complicated system as you actually have 3 separate periods. Two are random draw and the 3rd is 1st come 1st serve. The best units and dates go first. The tags are $1022 for a NR, but it allows the taking of two gators.

PH Bob, those look tasty! I've not grilled up any gator steaks, but I will be...

Good luck Mike!

01-Jul-14
Got two tags for Lake Okeechobee, last week of August. Got my Mathews DXT tricked out and Muzzy Gator Getters ready!

01-Jul-14
Quite Tasty! Made up a little marinade with Pepe Lopez tequila.

19-Aug-14

NY Bowman's embedded Photo
Just returned from another fun year of Florida gator hunting. I sure wish Florida was closer to New York. It's a 48 hour round trip and this year we only hunted for 7 hours. I had the pleasure of taking two good friends and these guys have over 100 years of combined hunting experience. They did amazing and made the shot when offered. We were hunting with recurve and longbow and the longest shot was about 10'. We saw well over 100 gators and hunter 1 got his 9' gator on the 2nd shot and hunter 2 got his on the 6th shot. He kept shooting at what he saw. The head is pretty much solid bone. Anyway, he did great and got a solid 10' gator. Here's a couple photos.

This is the 10'.

19-Aug-14
Oops!

19-Aug-14

Here's the other 9'.

19-Aug-14

19-Aug-14

27-Aug-14

Chris Durando's embedded Photo
Good work Terry, we got an 11 footer this weekend out of Lake Okeechobee and still working on the second tag.

27-Aug-14

27-Aug-14
Congrats Chris! That's a great gator! You seeing lots? How spooky are they this late in the season?

27-Aug-14
Hey Terry, We're seeing a lot of 5-6 footers. But only a couple of the big guys. We're second season, I don't think I'd want to be the 3rd or 4th group going in as they do seem to be skiddish already. The hurricane side tracked us a couple of days, the lake was so choppy nothing was out. Not even the fish cops and those guys stop us EVERY single time we go out.

27-Aug-14
I also hunt the Okeechobee area and we were blessed with awesome weather. The normal evening thunderstorm, but nothing like a hurricane.

Out of the 8 years I've done this I've only been checked twice. Once at Blue Cypress and once at Okeechobee.

27-Aug-14
A Gator is on my bucket list. Would be interested in finding out more. Keep on posting.

• Sitka Gear