StickFlicker 11-Jul-14
writer 11-Jul-14
NvaGvUp 11-Jul-14
vic 29-Jul-14
Bill in MI 29-Jul-14
11-Jul-14

WesHunts's embedded Photo
WesHunts's embedded Photo
My girlfriend sent this taunting picture from an antique store knowing that I'm 2 months away from any hunting...not knowing that I'm 20+ years away from hunting one of these bad boys. What do yall think? Is that a dessert bighorn mount from a 4th grade arts and crafts class? I'm half tempted to ask her to go see how much they want for it if I can get a consensus here.

11-Jul-14
sheep rack on a camel form and cape.

11-Jul-14
The gullable half of me can justify your response Grant...the other half refers me to other posts of yours I've seen.

Still...Desert Bighorn?

11-Jul-14
I kind of like the skull...

An old mount like that they likely used the whole skull and did'nt cut if off like modern mounts. The skull has a price tag on it...

Send her back I am curious what they are going for ...

11-Jul-14
So, what happenned?

11-Jul-14
Well, she says they want $500 for the skull and $1200 for the mount. I'd just as soon tell them to blow it out....you know the rest. She says there's a bunch of mounted critters, which is strange to me for an antique shop.

I'll see what kind of wiggle room is in there because I've got too many other things I'd like to spend $1200 on...like preference points for my own for a decade.

11-Jul-14
Old taxidermy is the latest fad in rustic decorating. Antique shops and malls are loaded with it these days.

11-Jul-14
I wish it was just a decade or two wait for a desert bighorn. I've been applying for into my 4th decade, as a resident!

11-Jul-14
We have a state office in Wichita that has all four sheep from a grand slam mounted, given to them, and most are some real studs.

I doubt 5 percent of the people that go through the offices know what they're looking at.

11-Jul-14
Looks awful

29-Jul-14
looks like it fell off the wall and landed on it's nose! I be the form is crushed at the nose...if there is a form.

29-Jul-14
If the taxidermist was trying to pull of 'pensively bemused' I'd say he nailed it.

• Sitka Gear