CCOVEY 15-Jul-14
ColoradoHunter 15-Jul-14
weekender21 15-Jul-14
sweet old bill 15-Jul-14
MT in MO 15-Jul-14
60X Strings 30-Jul-14
bowhunter 30-Jul-14
15-Jul-14
I have recently gotten new strings on my diamond razor edge, before that I had worn strings on it but it shot ok got everything tuned, now since I have my new strings on it my groups been incredibly high no matter what I do they stay high in the exact same place. Is because my strings has to be broken in?

15-Jul-14
Probably. I usually dont tune anything until ive shot 100 arrows through a new string for that reason. Should be an easy fix.

15-Jul-14
You will never get things back exactly the same when changing strings. Re-tune and sight in again.

15-Jul-14
Doubtful, most of the newer string material requires very little break-in if any. Sounds like you already have quite a few shots on the new set. What material and how many shots do you have on the set? You will need set-up your bow again by reestablishing a correct nock height etc. My guess would be a different nock height than you had before.

By "no matter what I do" do you mean just moving your sights? What specifically have you done after putting the new string set on?

15-Jul-14
could be just the nock setup, or peep, or kisser was not setup in the same place as on the old string. if you are getting good arrow flight I would just sight in the bow.

15-Jul-14
Wouldn't be surprised if you got some extra speed out of the new string/cable depending on how old the set was that got replaced.

I set everything to factory specs when I replace the string/cable and then shoot maybe 50 arrows. Then I go back and reset anything as needed, then get my FP's grouping well, and then start tuning.

New string/cable in my experience pretty much requires retuning the bow from scratch...

If your groups are consistently high regardless of sight or rest changes then I'd would guess you are getting arrow contact with something. Probably the rest...

30-Jul-14

60X Strings's Link
You will need to retune and sight your bow in after changing the strings and cables. Rarely will it hit in the same spot after a change out.

30-Jul-14
Changed out mine on my Hoyt with new fuse strings, not much adjustment needed, shoots Awsome.

• Sitka Gear