Frenchman 29-Jul-14
Tony 29-Jul-14
Second Shot 29-Jul-14
Tony 29-Jul-14
Barty1970 30-Jul-14
17-Jul-14

Tony's embedded Photo
Tony's embedded Photo
Made it back from RSA for my fourth trip of a lifetime. Spot and stalk Nyala was the only animal on my hit list and I got him along with a few others. I took my wife this time because she was concerned about what I liked so much over there. Now she knows for herself and said that it wasn't for family she would never come home. Also four other bow hunters went with me and were very successful as well taking several nice plains game animals. The weather was very nice in the Limpopo province but we moved to another concession near Kimberly on the last five days of our hunt and morning lows were 28f with highs only in the 60's. Even with the cold temps everyone that went is already talking about going back.

17-Jul-14
Nice looking Nyala! Especially out of the hide and stalking.

Congrats!

17-Jul-14
Congratulations on your successful "Fourth Once in a Lifetime African Hunting Trip"! (FOIALAHT)!

>>>>-------->

17-Jul-14
Beautiful Nyala! Congrats. Hope you get the chance to post some more pics and stories of your hunting group's success. Only 30 days still to wait for my 4th African trip of a "lifetime". LOL.

17-Jul-14
Very Nice! Congrats!

17-Jul-14
Nice! Post some more pics if you get a chance, would love to hear more! Welcome home!

17-Jul-14
Beautiful bull. Congrats on another great trip

17-Jul-14
Congratulations. Great Nyala!

17-Jul-14
Thanks guys! I will post some more of the groups pics later when I get caught up. A super 44" long gemsbok and a great waterbuck were taken by the same hunter and I will post later.

17-Jul-14
Congrats Tony--

17-Jul-14
Nice looking cridder

17-Jul-14
Tony,

That is a beautiful trophy and stalk to boot. A nyala bull has got to be the most gorgeous of the spiral horns. Congrats

17-Jul-14
Wow that is a great Nyala. Congrats!

17-Jul-14
Love the nyala. I think they are the best looking critter over there! Congrats

17-Jul-14
Nice! Congratulations!!!!!

17-Jul-14
Very nice! Congrats.

17-Jul-14
Congrats to you! Only 357 more days till I get to experience Africa myself.

18-Jul-14

Tony's embedded Photo
Tony's embedded Photo
One of my buddies Waterbuck

18-Jul-14

Tony's embedded Photo
Tony's embedded Photo
three of six wart hogs that this father and son team got. Good memories made.

18-Jul-14

Tony's embedded Photo
Tony's embedded Photo
Nice first Kudu for the father

18-Jul-14

Tony's embedded Photo
Tony's embedded Photo
And a nice blue wildebeest for the son

18-Jul-14

Tony's embedded Photo
Tony's embedded Photo
And this is what a 44" long gemsbok looks like

18-Jul-14
Those are some really nice trophies. Know there are some great memories from this hunt. Congrats !!!

18-Jul-14
Thanks for sharing, some real nice trophies and memories.

18-Jul-14
Tony,

This is just great, thanks for sharing and glad your wife had fun over there.

19-Jul-14
I got a 42 1/2" gemsbok,and practically need to set the head on the floor with the shoulder mountHope he has high ceilings for that one.When I go back the nyala and bushbuck are the main 2 on my hit list.Thats an excellent trophy you have there

19-Jul-14
Congrats on your trophies. Nice looking nyala ! Your hunting partners didn't do badly either !

22-Jul-14
Cracking Nyala!!

As for the Gemsbok, glad to see that photo made it's way on to the 'Scoring Oryx' thread

28-Jul-14

Tony's embedded Photo
Tony's embedded Photo
Some more animals that we took on the trip

28-Jul-14

Tony's embedded Photo
Tony's embedded Photo

28-Jul-14

Tony's embedded Photo
Tony's embedded Photo

28-Jul-14

Tony's embedded Photo
Tony's embedded Photo

28-Jul-14

Tony's embedded Photo
Tony's embedded Photo

28-Jul-14
I have heard that baboons are particularly difficult to take.....did they seem particularly cautious to you?

28-Jul-14
"Some more animals that we took on the trip"

Be careful what you say - they never forget.

28-Jul-14
great trophies, glad you and your wife had a good time. Forrest

28-Jul-14
Tony - Great pics! Congratulations! Some of us need some stories though. Hit us with some of the details brother! Especially the stalk on the nyala. That's beautiful!

28-Jul-14
who did you hunt with. Any photos of camp blinds etc.

29-Jul-14
Thanks for the complements guys, we had a blast. Medicinemann, Baboons are the most wary animal that I have ever encountered, every time I get a chance to take one I do. I have gotten busted more times than not even while way in the back of the blind. Two of my friends got busted twice each and never released an arrow. If one were to want a extreme challenge I would suggest a spot and stalk on one, that would be tough.

The spot and stalk on the nyala was very cool. We were in heavy bush with the only quiet walking on the game trails. Of course we tried to stay downwind during the 400 yard game of cat and mouse and the game trails made it into a 800 yard stalk. When I finally closed the distance to 26 yards with a slightly quartering away shot my PH Louis Stoffberg with Zingeli Safaris said to shoot low because the animal was very good at jumping the string. So I steadied my pin about 2" above his brisket and slightly back aiming at the off side leg. On release the nyala never moved and I saw my nocturnal disappear right where I was aiming. I got a complete pass through and had a fantastic blood trail for the mere 43 yards before finding him. On further examination it turned out to be a heart shot with a 2" entry and exit with of all things, a Rage Hypodermic. I know that I will catch hell over that on here but was asked by my PH to bring them as he has had great results.

29-Jul-14
Dang - these pics make me want to go again!

29-Jul-14

Tony's embedded Photo
Tony's embedded Photo
It was really neat to have 6 of these guys to come visit the blinds almost daily as close as 5 feet

29-Jul-14
Who was your outfitter? RSA?

29-Jul-14
Second Shot: Louis Stoffberg owner of Zingeli Safaris

30-Jul-14
+1 Tony

You've never been close to rhino til you've seen a rhino's eyelashes [and lived to talk about it]

• Sitka Gear