Goat Guide 30-Jul-14
Cajunarcher 30-Jul-14
Goat Guide 30-Jul-14
BHMF86 30-Jul-14
Cajunarcher 30-Jul-14
Bou'bound 09-Aug-14
IdyllwildArcher 09-Aug-14
23-Jul-14
Well it's been about 2 years in the making and it's just about here. My cousin and I leave August 20th for my archery goat hunt with Babine ! Excited , anxious and nervous is how I'm feeling right now . Definitely will be a dream come true wether or not I harvest one but just getting the chance to hunt them is good enough for me. Any last minute pointers , things I can't do without on the mountain, etc will gladly be appreciated!

Lee

23-Jul-14
How far are you prepared to shoot.

23-Jul-14
Practicing out to 80 now but really don't wanna shoot that far. Would like to get a 50 yd or under shot.

23-Jul-14
Good luck! I am excited to read about your hunt.

23-Jul-14
Let us know how the hunt goes.

I'm visiting with them this coming Jan for a trapping adventure and plan on talking about bowhunting too.

23-Jul-14
Lee - you'll get one. I honestly think that you would kill one in the Wal-Mart parking lot...you have that type of luck.

Get 'em!

23-Jul-14
Thank guys , iceman I hope u right about that lol I'll take all the luck i can get!

23-Jul-14
Good luck !

23-Jul-14
You're in for a great trip. I did that hunt a couple years ago and am returning for an October hunt this year. There should be plenty of opportunites as goats are plentiful in their area. These guys put on a great hunt. Good Luck...

23-Jul-14
Good luck CA, looking forward to reading the hunt recap.

DJ

23-Jul-14
Lee, Sounds like you have the "lucky component" covered! Have a great trip! What a great adventure and with your cousin to boot!

Mark

23-Jul-14
Good luck and shoot straight!

23-Jul-14
Thanks guys I appreciate all your comments !

23-Jul-14
Please keep us updated on how your hunt goes and good luck!

23-Jul-14

MaBow's embedded Photo
MaBow's embedded Photo
Make sure you train your hamstrings. Hopefully you have good weather. I know you will get a shot just relax and make the shot count. This is my Babine goat from 2011. Your in for a great hunt. Jack and Lloyd are great guys. Hope you schuled a few days to fish after the hunt.

23-Jul-14
Good deal Lee.

I'm doing this hunt in 2016, get it done buddy!

24-Jul-14

steff's embedded Photo
steff's embedded Photo
You're in for a good hunt! Jack and Lloyd are great guys who will do what it takes! Their area has ALOT of goats. You should have opportunities well under 80 yds. Work on your legs, and be sure to stretch ! Here's another Babine goat. Good luck!

24-Jul-14
BEST OF LUCK !! how is there hair in aug ..

24-Jul-14
Lou...The two goats above are August goats. The hair is good, but short. Thus, the reason I booked an October hunt.

24-Jul-14
Kota man I know u killed a wolf up there, did y'all see anymore while goat hunting? I will have a bear tag as well as wolf and wouldn't mind grabbing guides rifle for a shot at a wolf . Thank again for all y'all's comments

24-Jul-14
I saw 4 wolves, 73 goats, and 1 black bear in 4 days on the mountain. The vegetation can dampen the August bear hunts a little bit but you will still see some bears. I know Jack said the wolf population varies greatly by mountain. Some had few to any and some loaded.

24-Jul-14
Thanks Brett , I believe I watched your hunt on the DVD they send out if I'm not mistaken.

24-Jul-14
Hey Lee, I thought your cousin got first shot on a wolf? LOL Y'all are gonna have a blast, man. Can't wait to see the big Billy you put an FMJ through.

24-Jul-14
I shot the only wolf I saw, and grabbed the guides gun to do it. I saw one small black bear and a few grizzly's...

In October, I will have the goat tag, wolf tag, moose tag and bear tag.

24-Jul-14
Thanks bowkill u know u will be one of the first to get pics . Sounds good Kota Man U will have an awesome hunt with that many tags!

29-Jul-14

Goat Guide's embedded Photo

Goat Guide's Link
Looking forward to seeing you guys. I just finished a new cabin at the main Lodge and we are putting the finishing touches on an awesome brand new outpost camp. Jack

29-Jul-14
Jack your log buildings look great

30-Jul-14

Thanks MaBow, here is Crystal staining the beams on the new cabin at the new camp. It is located on the lake where I took you guys fishing for rainbow. This new camp will be used a lot during the trapline also. Cajunarcher it will be ready for when you get here. Jack

30-Jul-14

Lloyd put up a trail camera when we started construction without telling anyone and almost got some inappropriate pictures during my morning coffee walkabout. (time & date wrong)

30-Jul-14
Thanks Jack ! That looks amazing , can't wait to get up there and enjoy some scenic views and cooler weather than what we having here.

30-Jul-14

This was also on the camera about 60yards behind the new cabin

30-Jul-14
I can not wait to get up there with CajunArcher and get this hunt started. This is going to be an adventure of a lifetime.

30-Jul-14
Jack I was gonna ask if I could go jog the roads around the camp but I'll pass after seeing that...

09-Aug-14
Nice looking facilities

09-Aug-14
Inappropriate? What did you do to that little grizz you sicko???

• Sitka Gear