DL 29-Jul-14
IdyllwildArcher 30-Jul-14
moosenelson 30-Jul-14
Brotsky 30-Jul-14
writer 30-Jul-14
26-Jul-14

IdyllwildArcher's Link

26-Jul-14
Giraffes have Hooffed to death Photo safari tourist in Kruger.......and I have to take Issue with those saying that Overpopulation is a "Myth ". We have been overpopulated for decades, when the World`s Food tonnage of Fishereies have been diminsished since the 70s........ and Habitiat Loss is proof of that ( regarding Deforestation as the cause of the Anteaters` Behavior for killing two farmers.) Black " teddy " bears kill those that try to feed them in Sw Colorado and elswhere. ( Ouray,CO on one`s Porch). Being a Photographer of game, Close UP, teaches one more about hunting game ( with bow, up Close ) than running marathons, pumping Iron, or shooting indoors. That may also apply to.." reading body Language on any animal ", as a major side Benefit of Wildlife Photographry, as even a chimp or dog can kill a man.

26-Jul-14
Wow, killed by a giant anteater....

28-Jul-14
Goldenliar: This planet is far from overpopulated. The WHOLE WORLDS POPULATION could easily fit in the state of texas. That would be at the density of new york city. Each individual would have a 2 bedroom house, yes thats a 2 bedroom house for every SINGLE person! I have 6 kids and a lovely wife, that would equal 8 houses just for my family!!!!!

This foolishness started in 1798! Some fool at stanford university in 1968 told us we were going to see famines destroy at LEAST 1/5th of humanity by the end of the 70's.

Please stop being sucked in to these "we are independent thinkers and we know more than others" movements.

28-Jul-14
OK, Moose, your reply to those who say the real overpopulation problem is the added stress it puts on the planet and the environment...pollution, global warming, starvation and famine in other countries, the increased load putting on our medical systems?

Not an argument, just curious,...and I know I sure fear being harmed by a human a lot more than any animal on Earth.

28-Jul-14
Been to Joberg, Mx City, Hong Kong or priced a steak or been to CA lately? or tried to get tags in Unit 61 by me or other places? And Habitat loss is caused by ...... ..? Ever hear of Carrying Ccapacity ....? No, Overpoulation and its direct and Indirect Impacts are here to stay.........until Wars, Genocide, famine, viruses etc take their toll. Its all about Management, and Man can not manage much of anything . ( State of the Earth) 4 Billion was our CC

28-Jul-14
Look at the dates on those deaths.And we just now being told of this.Its a wonder we have survived this long. moosenelsen Don't tell anyone how many will fit in Texas I think we got enough problems right now.Besides I think someone is trying to rich that goal now from DC.

28-Jul-14
Seriously I do not believe the idea that the earth is overpopulated at all... Not yet and probably not anytime soon...

Simply out we are just greedy humans.

I had a good laugh that tried associate drawing a unit 61 tag with over population. That is really grabbing at straws there...

If we were forced to live a simple sustenance existence. With out all the fancy assed bells and whistles we would be just fine...

28-Jul-14
Moose, you can keep your WHOLE WORLD'S POPULATION in your state . We don't need 'em here. Some of us like to piss off the porch !

28-Jul-14
Drycreek: Im in canada and find north dakota to be 'overpopulated'. My kids still pee off the porch but mama doesn't like it!

Im not sure how inflation, hunting tags or people living in high density areas reflects on overpopulation. avge wage in 1913 would buy 3300# of steak. In 2013 you could buy 4600# of steak. According to goldens logic, if price goes up we are overpopulated. Therefore the anttithesis is also true. Well, steak is cheaper now than a hundred years ago so we must be LESS overpopulated?

28-Jul-14
Writer: My reply to overpopulation and pollution is simple. American pop has grown a lot in 100 yrs. American rivers and waterways are cleaner today than they were 30-40yrs ago. Look at london, england 100yrs ago. Pollution was WAYYYYY worse. We cant use pollution as a measuring stick as we can either pollute the environment or clean it up. Heck, check out the massive oil spill in the gulf that was gonna take decades to clean up and ruin the fisheries for a generation.

Having an overtaxed med system is not a population issue! In canada we have 30m people and if I needed stitches in my arm right now, I would go to emergency and wait 4-6hours to get treated. Same with a broken arm, dislocated shoulder etc. Canadians die from cancer 2yrs faster than Americans. We are FAR less populated than you guys. The main difference between Canadian health care and American is that the govt. runs it up here. Don't worry tho, y'all will become familiar with 'free' health care soon enough. Its illegal to have most private care here.

As to famines and wars. Those have been around for a long time. Bigger wars than we have now, bigger famines. Most/all modern famines are political now. Ethiopia, ukraine, sudan, north korea. We could feed everyone on the planet and then some with present food production.

Claiming these guys deaths at the claws of anteaters was caused by deforestation is just people trying to control others. The creatures were made extinct in other areas without killing anyone. My guess would be that if you attack these things with a knife, you run the risk of getting hurt.

29-Jul-14

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo
anteater huh?

29-Jul-14
IIRC, even in times of world war and famine, the human population has gone up. Think about that, WW1 and the post war influenza that both killed from 10-20 million, depending on who you believe, the population went UP???? I am not sure about the black plague in medieval times but I recall that best guesses say it rose then as well. That would of course be a guess by someone.

Overpopulation is not a number, it is a personal feeling. Some like living like sardines and others want to have room to move and clean air to breathe.

29-Jul-14
What's an anteater tag running these days??? Tough draw???

460 grains doing about 280 ought to work.... vitals, just gonna have to make a good guess.....

I bet Mackenzie doesn't even have an anteater form.... yet...

29-Jul-14
There was that russian photographer that was killed by a beaver. Got bit in the groin. Hard to type without grinning.

30-Jul-14
The world population dipped when Ghengis Khan was alive.

I never imagined this thread taking this kind of derail.

I was just surprised that more than one person was dying from an anteater.

30-Jul-14
Sorry iwa. I too would not have thought these animals were 'killers'.

Maybe he thought the guy was an 'aunt'

30-Jul-14
DL....men have been dying because of beaver since the dawn of time. Most dangerous thing on the planet!

30-Jul-14
LOL, Brotsky...too obvious for most to see.

Thanks for the responses, Moose....and yes, many of my Canadian friends, with money, have come to the US for their serious health care.

Sorry Idyl....I contributed tot he hijacking

• Sitka Gear