Bou'bound 28-Jul-14
Bou'bound 28-Jul-14
goyt 28-Jul-14
smarba 28-Jul-14
goyt 28-Jul-14
Hawkeye 28-Jul-14
60X Strings 30-Jul-14
28-Jul-14
I have a 2003 Hoyt UltraTec. Years ago I got a new set of string and cables. I had trouble getting it in specs so I called Hoyt. My notes show that they told me that the lengths on their bows at that time were for the untwisted strings and cable and that they then twist them about 15 times to get the bow in specs. I am now being told that the lengths are for the twisted lengths by people who did not work for Hoyt back then and have nothing in writing to refers to. My present string and cables have way to many twists in them because they were made too long. I do not want to repeat that.

28-Jul-14

Bou'bound's Link
are you looking for help or just making a statement. If you go to the website (link above) and click on tune charts and go to your bow, year, and cam type you will get the specs.

not sure if that will help because I am not sure what you are asking above. I don't know of anyplace that measures untwisted strings.......an untwisted string is not the standard.

28-Jul-14
I agree with Bou. Every string/cable I have bought for my Hoyts have been derived from Hoyt's charts. In each case (multiple manufacturers)they have come pre-twisted and were very close to what was needed. A twist or two here or there brought everything into spec and tune.

28-Jul-14
Ditto Bou & Buck

And I have a 2003 Ultratec too ;o)

28-Jul-14

28-Jul-14
I had a 2003 Ultratech that Bow was a classic

28-Jul-14
Thanks for the responses despite the fact that I failed to ask a question. I am looking for input on how Hoyt measured their strings and cables back in 2003. I looks like I had some bad information. Now I am not sure where I got it from. I appreciate the help.

28-Jul-14
Any string I've ever needed to match from Hoyt was direct from their online charts and represents actual length you order (not some nebulous "untwisted" length).

If chart says 58", you order a 58" from anyone reputable and it will be correct length.

28-Jul-14
Smarba, Thanks.

28-Jul-14
+1 smarba

30-Jul-14

60X Strings's Link
I agree with what's been mentioned above. We build off the hoyt charts several times a day and the lengths have always been accurate. There was a time when hoyt didn't include the length of the yoke in the length of the cable and that can cause alot of mixups.

• Sitka Gear