wilhille 30-Jul-14
Medicinemann 30-Jul-14
wyobullshooter 30-Jul-14
tobinsghost 02-Aug-14
Willieboat 02-Aug-14
tjsna 02-Aug-14
TD 02-Aug-14
28-Jul-14
Turkeys have tattletails and I am shure elk do too. I would like to know what they are and sound like. Pm me if you don't want these no elk killing suckers to know.

28-Jul-14
i still have some PBR and Pocorn left over from the "trainig states" thread...here we go again!!

28-Jul-14
WTH???????

28-Jul-14
WTH..X2!!!

28-Jul-14
I think he means a scout cow and the warning sound she makes.

28-Jul-14
An elk tattletail, and now a scout cow? Now I'm really confused?

Are you asking about an alarm bark?

28-Jul-14
PUTT = Alarm Bark

28-Jul-14
I think he means sentries like birds,squirrels,baboons,Bama butterflies,and the like. Never mind the squirrels,they like to hear them self all the time. The elk are use to em.

28-Jul-14
We have Abert Squirrels in Arizona that are very much a sentinel. On many occasions I have had Abert squirrels make a ruckus with my presence and watched elk hold up and test the wind for 15 to 20 minutes until they where satisfied there was no threat, even after the Abert shutup. The Crows out here are not tattle tails per say like the ones in Alabama. They even leave the turkeys alone.

28-Jul-14
Yup, my hunting partner. He spooks em whenever its my turn to shoot!

28-Jul-14
Yep...crows are double agents. They will tell where the turkeys are but they will alarm when they see you. Sguirrels here have different sounds for different animals.

28-Jul-14
Squirrels chatter at everything, pay attention to them...

28-Jul-14
Oh boy

28-Jul-14
There are Jays that can be a PITA..... some will follow you over the whole mountain.

Crows not much problem I've seen.... if they follow you it's cuz they want you to kill something even more than you do.....

28-Jul-14
birds and squirrels tend to scold anything that moves.

28-Jul-14
Sometimes on a high ridge I'll put a GMRS/FRS radio on scan. Amazing how many guys are telling their hunting buddies where they're seeing elk.

28-Jul-14
Good gawd...

29-Jul-14
TBM- best thing to do is put your ear to the ground right in the dirt like an Indian does looking for buffalo and listen for vibrations from the heard. Find an area with some sign and keep your head in the dirt and don't move until you hear something. :~)

29-Jul-14
Well I will bite. I have seen a sentinel cow come in to my calling and then back to the herd. Elk have a pecking order just like other animals. Like when i grew up shooting crows. You Never shoot the first one. HUNT

29-Jul-14
take an old head net and make a cover for your fletchings - the I think the squirrels bark at the bright colors.

29-Jul-14
Aren't elk tattletails the guys who broadcast information about their buddies' hunting areas?

29-Jul-14
one 6 pack down!!

Has anyone thought of ever training a squirrel to locate elk for them?!?!

29-Jul-14
Chimpmunks are great tattletails on bear. When a bear gets up out of its bed the first chipmunk will start Monk, Monk, monk and as the bear comes in the other chipmunks along the way and in the path of the bear will start their monk, monk, monk, monk. Last bear I shot I knew exactly when it got up out of its bead and could follow its progression through the woods toward the my bait.

TBM listen for the "MONK"

29-Jul-14
Listen for the sound of crashing hooves and breaking branches. Also a dust cloud is a sure sign there Were elk in the area. That's your tattle tale sound.

29-Jul-14
I was going to say a flock of Ravens but I see with your vast experience, having never killed an Elk or even hunted them, you've already discounted it. I won't bother mentioning yipping coyotes following a herd with 3 month old calves in it.

29-Jul-14
Oh, I get it now!!

He's a left over from the LSD days.

29-Jul-14
"Sguirrels here have different sounds for different animals."

So, your question is whether any of us speak squirrel?

29-Jul-14
When hunting in Wyoming with my hippie chick "resident guide", she will turn to me and whisper excitedly. "There's some moose, or elk, or something!! Aren't they beautiful??!!"

29-Jul-14
WTF ?? i have been bowhunting elk since 1981 and never knew they had tattletails.

I better go get a beer this could get interesting.

29-Jul-14
Willie, I got plenty of cold pbr here!!

29-Jul-14
For a moment I thought I had turned the channel to Duck Dynasty by mistake, but then I realized I was just on Bowsite.

30-Jul-14
Tonto [with ear to ground]: 'Buffalo come this way' Lone ranger: 'How can you tell?' Tonto: 'Ear all sticky'

[Couldnt resist]

30-Jul-14
Lol I was going to say the same joke, but was afraid the mods were gonna get pissy.

30-Jul-14
Barty1970,

LOL!!

30-Jul-14
Barty, that was hilarious! I'll bet TBM will want to take that to his next-level thinking. He'll put new meaning to the phrase "Brown Noser"! ;-)

02-Aug-14
Willie, I got plenty of cold pbr here!!

02-Aug-14
Tobin, just got back from getting a 18 pack of PBR !!!

Gonna waste the saturday afternoon away;)

02-Aug-14
Jaquomo you NR have all the fun-hippie chicks for wilderness guides.

Being a resident I have to do it myself !

Unit 40-9 the clock is ticking.

02-Aug-14
Lou... I think your guide is gonna need some cover scent.... maybe a little 'scaping of some sort too....

• Sitka Gear