Surfbow 30-Jul-14
ORarcheryboy 31-Jul-14
jdouin 31-Jul-14
Medicinemann 01-Aug-14
willliamtell 01-Aug-14
DL 01-Aug-14
Vernon Edeler 02-Aug-14
29-Jul-14
I'm going to be spending work related time in Portland, OR here in a few weeks. I'll have a few days where nothing is planned, and am wondering what there is to do within a few hours drive. I'm from Illinois and haven't even laid eyes on most western critters. I plan on bringing the binos and camera and maybe see some elk or what not. I was going to post this in the OR forum but it didn't look like there was much going on in there. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

29-Jul-14
Salmon fishing!

29-Jul-14
We actually have a sturgeon fishing trip set up on the Columbia. Also, I'll be flying so equipment is limited.

29-Jul-14
Salmon fishing x 2 !!!

30-Jul-14
You might see some elk at the Jewell or Dean Creek Wildlife areas...both in the coast range.

30-Jul-14
The drive east along the Columbia is fantastic. There are bighorn sheep in areas.

30-Jul-14
visit mt. hood and the lodge.

elk at jewell this time of year can be hit or miss. if you go, get there at daylight or even a little before. they leave the meadows early.

30-Jul-14
Any hiking in the areas near Mt. Hood is really nice.

30-Jul-14
I would head for the coast .... great little restaurant in Hebo with fresh seafood ... the Three Rivers Café. Then drive out to Pacific City on Sandlake Rd and make a loop back. Might see some Roosevelt Elk along the way.

30-Jul-14
The Oregon coast is one of the prettiest places in the world! Get some fresh seafood!

31-Jul-14
Head to the coast!

31-Jul-14
Sounds like the coast is where to go. Might try the salmon too.

01-Aug-14
I'd listen to Willieboat.....and Jody Cyr, if he chimes in.....

01-Aug-14
You're probably not a windsurfer, becuase if you were/are, the Gorge is probably the best on the planet around now. Experienced wsurfers only.

01-Aug-14

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Just got this from my friend up in Oregon. One of the two salmon he got today plus a limit of Crab.

02-Aug-14

Vernon Edeler's embedded Photo
Vernon Edeler's embedded Photo
I am in Oregon on a tuna fishing trip but the ocean turned to rough for 50-60 miles out so we all went bottom fishing. Had a good morning for ling cod an I only blew chum once.

• Sitka Gear