um, yes

30-Jul-14
Its gonna go soon one way or the other

30-Jul-14
Yup

30-Jul-14
wax it!

31-Jul-14
New strings, get bcy x, it doesn't move!

31-Jul-14
I noticed that my peep cut a few strands like that a few years ago during season.....I rode it out with some wax like Dan said for the rest of the season. I replaced it first thing at the end of the season though.

31-Jul-14
Rather replace the string now, then wait until you are in a hunt and realize the string is too far gone, or worse, you pull back and it snaps. Just saying..

31-Jul-14
With the way it is tied in, I think the peep moves up and down on the right side and that is what is cutting your string. What kind of peep is that? It looks like it is 90* to the string. Can you see through it? Maybe it's the camera angle. When you get a new string (BCY X) you might want to look at getting a different peep. I like the RAD Super Deuce. I have them on 5 of our bows for a few years now and never had an issue. And they are $5-8.

31-Jul-14
Any time you notice a problem correct it. Even if the string is ok for now the doubt will kill your confidence. Having a few bows come apart I know my accuracy suffers until the confidence is back.

31-Jul-14
The peep looks like an aluminum Tru Peep. I have used them for decades without any issues like this. I also serve around the peep itself, although I don't think this has any bearing on your problem.

I would get a new string and peep, just in case there is something about this one causing the problem.

>>>>----Good Luck & shoot straight!---->

31-Jul-14
Yep, that string would likely fail, not on the draw but after release when the string takes up weight and vibes.

Close the gaps more above and below the peep. Figure 8 the serving around bundles at the peep to keep the serving from sliding and gaping.

Peep also needs to be served around the groove at least three wraps. Peep can pop-out or cause wear without it.

• Sitka Gear