orionsbrother 31-Jul-14
BC 31-Jul-14
thatdoggJake 31-Jul-14
PAstringking 31-Jul-14
standswittaknife 31-Jul-14
bghunter 31-Jul-14
BowmanMD 31-Jul-14
31-Jul-14
Hey gents, long story short my wife and I got married in sept. And were unable to take a honey moon at the time. She metioned that a archery hunt would be a great honeymoon. She is new to archery and a great shot. Im looking for affordable with great accomadations. Bear deer elk pig etc. Whatever we can find and would give a beginer good odds of a shot. Thanks for any advice. Also 3000 is around our budget. Idont have to hunt I would enjoy watching her. Ok again thanks

31-Jul-14
Hey thanks for the advice. We are married. It was last sept. Were in no huury. Just looking around thanks again godbless........red white and blue

31-Jul-14
You got married in September???

31-Jul-14
Ike - I think it's OK. She bowhunts. What could've been a strategic error may actually work out very well. Each anniversary hunt can be an attempt to outdo previous ones.

Well played Early2rise.

Plan the birth dates of any children carefully.

31-Jul-14
If I remember his story correctly, that's how Dwight Schuh and his bride spent their honeymoon. Maybe he'll chime in and give you some tips...on the hunting part, not the honeymoon part.

31-Jul-14
Any friend of mine who gets married during hunting season and invites me to the wedding is no real friend of mine. Lol.

My wife is a bow hunter too but no way would she let me get away with hunting every year for an anniversary.

31-Jul-14
I leave Monday for my huntingmoon to Hawaii. Axis deer and Spanish goats.

31-Jul-14
I just did a ton of research on Alberta Bear Hunting and booked with an outfitter, but had a bunch that were great as well. PM if your interested. thanks,

31-Jul-14
With a budget of 3000 I am assuming that is for both of you. I don't know if you would be interested in exotics species but tons of options there in Texas and some have unreal lodging.

My first choice would be Florida for a hog gator combo. If you don't go after a trophy gator you can get good price on hunt for gator in 6-8 foot range. Unique hunt and plenty of hogs in Florida too with very cheap rates. Plus bass fishing is good down there. When done tons to see such as you can go a beach vacation or do Disney world.

Downside hot and humid as Heck in Sept.

Oh plus ocean fishing

31-Jul-14
x2 on the spring bear hunt. At $3K only one of you will be able to actually hunt, but you can both sit in the treestand together and enjoy the show. If you find the right place, you could fish during the day or after you tag out. I took my 13yo son with me this spring on a bear hunt and we had a GREAT hunt sitting in stand together watching the bears and just being together. We went with Mike's outfitting in Alberta and would highly recommend them, but there are plenty of other options for bear. Good luck!

• Sitka Gear