bb 18-Aug-14
Joey Ward 18-Aug-14
TurkeyBowMaster 18-Aug-14
Panhandle Bob 18-Aug-14
18-Aug-14

Panhandle Bob's Link
http://news.msn.com/offbeat/alabama-hunters-haul-in-1000- pound-alligator

18-Aug-14
I haven't been able to find out how they caught it yet. Snag it with a treble, crossbow, bow, or harpoon?

Anyone know?

That's the area where the 800+ lb state record came from last year. Some big ones in Camden.

18-Aug-14
Haven't heard how...Camden has big gators & big deer.

18-Aug-14
Local news reports they snagged it with treble hooks. And took 4 hours to get it to the boat. Finished it off with a shotgun blast to the head.

18-Aug-14
I heard Turkey is the favorite bait for gators in AL. Easiest to come by.

18-Aug-14
BTW Bob, I'm sure you've done so, but if not, review the new season dates for whitetail in AL. In lots of southern counties(Zone B) the new bow season starts off on Oct 25th instead of the 15th and runs through Feb 10th instead of the usual close date of Jan 31.

Plus, if you do any gun hunts, there may be a couple of closed weeks in Dec. Depending on where you are hunting.

I'm looking forward to see what's going on around Lowndes in Feb. I usually see lots of buck sign and activity when I'm pulling and/or moving stands during the first couple of weeks of February.

18-Aug-14
I started to apply for that tag but I knew I wouldn't have time to hunt much. The tag might become a hot commodity because they regularly catch 12 Foot plus alligators over there. Most weith 7 to 800 pounds. Not like those baybes you see on swamp people. Hear want fit in a boat.

18-Aug-14
Joey, we're in the Oct 25th zone in Awin/Pineapple

I thought I heard there was another 11 footer caught in that area....

• Sitka Gear