SBH 22-Aug-14
Will 22-Aug-14
Rick M 22-Aug-14
Sapcut 22-Aug-14
Rick M 22-Aug-14
Bigdan 22-Aug-14
Elkaddict 22-Aug-14
21-Aug-14
Hey fellow bowhunters, Which week would be better hunting considering rut and daytime movement in Wyoming? The full moon is the 9th. Thanks.

21-Aug-14
Go hunt when you can, later the better for bugling and cows in estrus, earlier for bigger bulls not cowed up.

21-Aug-14
Whichever week has the best weather. Flip a coin. I'm hunting them both!

21-Aug-14
Ha me too

21-Aug-14
Depends on what you're after, later if a satellite bull is acceptable, earlier if you want a bigger bull

21-Aug-14
I'd take the earlier dates myself.

21-Aug-14
We want to chase bugles since we can't see far in the timber and maybe call a satellite bull in. so far later is sounding better.

21-Aug-14
Last year most of the bugles I heard were the 3rd week of September where I was at in Co.

22-Aug-14
Earlier for me in the area we hunt.

22-Aug-14
9/20 Since that is the week I am going to CO

22-Aug-14
If you are looking for classic rut action and bugles go late.

I agree with Mule, I like early, actually earlier than your options. I will be on the mountain for the opener.

22-Aug-14
I went the last 8 days of 2012 season in San Juan wilderness and didn't hear one bugle.

22-Aug-14
Sapcut, this info should all come with a legal disclaimer:) I have had good bugling action as early as the 5th of Sept only to hear from other hunters that they shut up after. Sometimes they are screaming the first week of Oct.

sometimes they are quiet in one area and screaming just a few miles away. No guarantees:)

22-Aug-14
Bulls bugle more when the rut comes to the end. They all are looking for that last cow. But there is so much bugling. They don't come in as well. Less bugling = better elk calling. I have killed most of my bulls the first week of the season before the weekend warriors. make the elk call shy. I jiggle every time I have some one tell me that the rut was late. It the same time every year no madder if its hot or cold. Here in Montana. In AZ and NM it starts about 10 days after it starts in MT,Id,Wyoming & Canada In UT,NV&CO its about a week.

22-Aug-14
I was in Wyoming in 2008 for the rifle deer opener October 15th. I had a buck scouted, and was waiting for him an hour before the sky even started to lighten. That last hour up until daylight was the most bugling, intense fighting, and action I've ever witnessed in the elk woods....its what actually made me decide to start elk hunting. That morning there was at least 13 bulls bugling, and multiple bulls fighting. It was amazing hearing the horns clashing and ground pounding that was going on a half mile away. I'll never forget that morning. That was mid-October.

• Sitka Gear