itshot 21-Aug-14
NYDEERHUNTER 21-Aug-14
Rick M 21-Aug-14
Hammer 21-Aug-14
Rick M 22-Aug-14
Russell 22-Aug-14
CurveBow 22-Aug-14
21-Aug-14
I have taken my grip off and messed with it but for some stupid reason I am getting grip creak on draw at times no matter what I try.

It is kind of a small pop and creak like it is loose but it is not. It is loud IMO and last fall when it was cold it cost me a shot. It seems to be worse when the temp swings. If it is hot it does not do it. If it is cold it does it a lot. IYO what is the best fix for this other than a new grip? There is no notable crack or notable flaw.

Best fix for this?

21-Aug-14
wrap around cough silencer or bed the grip in some kind of silicone sealant

21-Aug-14
Hmmm. Perhaps its your wrist. Age can cause wrist creak. Just kidding, I wonder if the noise is being generated in another part of the bow. Cam torque, limb load/riser contact points, arrow rest, string spacer etc.

21-Aug-14
What bow? I had a grip on a High Country that I could not get to stop squeaking. I was either going to glue it on or take it off. I took it off.

Try a thin tape on the riser then put the grip back on. You may get lucky.

21-Aug-14
It is defiantly from the grip. If you remove it and put pressure like you are beginning to pull the bow back it doesn't do it. You put it back on and it does. On top of that you can feel it in the grip when it does it.

It is a Hoyt. Luckily I have not had the issue of limb pocket squeak that others have but the grip is irritating me. I like the grip and I guess if I cant make a good fix for it I will have to buy a new one.

Its as if the grip is popping forward on the screw but it is not. Maybe it is a flexing issue when my palm puts pressure on it. It happens right as I begin to pull but long before I have it pulled back. Last season I finally started wrapping my hand real tight around it and squeezing hard before I pulled it back on a live hunt and that seemed to eliminate it providing I remembered to do it.

Very annoying problem. I will try putting some thin double sided tape on the inside of it and screw it back on and see if that helps?

22-Aug-14
Get a set of side plates for it if the tape does not work or you don't want to glue it.

22-Aug-14

Russell's Link
You may consider after this hunting season one of these Death-Grips (if they build one for your bow).

I won't buy a bow without one available. Have one on my Bowtech and Mathews.

Virtually eliminates the possibility of torquing your bow.

22-Aug-14
I had a Matthews with a wooden grip that did that. I too it off, coated both the handle and the inside of the grip with Body SIde Molding Adhesive from an auto painter supply store. It worked great, never made any noise at all after that. Beware though, that the black goo may get places you don't want it and the grip is on FOREVER!!

>>>>-------->

• Sitka Gear