brettpsu 22-Aug-14
Mike Castillo 22-Aug-14
Tracker 22-Aug-14
Tracker 24-Aug-14
CWOotr 27-Aug-14
Solitude 27-Aug-14
Tracker 27-Aug-14
22-Aug-14
I am trying to get a good spotting scope setup. I picked up a SWARO 65 ATM last year when they closed out the old model. I have a pretty good Gitzo Tripod that I found lying around the office but needs a Fluid head to go with it. I have to figure you sheep hunters have plenty of experience and steer me in the right direction. I am considering the Manfrotto MAMVH500AH or 502HD Pro (this one looks a little heavy).

22-Aug-14
I've been very happy with my Jim White setup. Compact, light, smooth and quick switch plate for the binos.

22-Aug-14
Iv had good success with the Manfrotto heads

22-Aug-14
Manfrotto seems to make a nice head but there are many models out there. I want something good but my use is limited so I do not want to put a ton of $$$ in the head.

22-Aug-14
Try the Outdoorsman pan head... It's excellent.

22-Aug-14
I like my Manfrotto 128RC. It performs great but is a tad heavy at 1.9lbs.

22-Aug-14
Is there any plates that would be needed to attach my Swaro on the head.

22-Aug-14
Yes, I have two of the Manfrotto plates so I can switch from binos to spotter.

22-Aug-14
x2 on the outdoorsman's. Expensive but a lifetime purchase.

22-Aug-14
I use my spotter once a year when I travel out west and depending on the hunt will depend on how much I actually use the spotter. While the Outdoorsman is nice its more than I want to invest for the use it will get. I want to stay around $150.00.

24-Aug-14
Ended up going with the Manfrotto 700RC2.

27-Aug-14
A little heavy but a good choice. Won't flop around like the others listed from the weight of the scope when carrying it assembled.

27-Aug-14
Run the 700RC2 myself, doubt you will be disappointed. Just wish I could figure out a good way to shorten the handle a bit.

27-Aug-14
Yea it could easily use 5" and still be effective.

• Sitka Gear