Bowfreak 22-Aug-14
Venison Junky 22-Aug-14
buffsnuffer 22-Aug-14
Kevin 22-Aug-14
2rope2 22-Aug-14
NorthT 23-Aug-14
Venison Junky 23-Aug-14
22-Aug-14
Shot both of these bows. Both have easy draws. Both quiet at the shot. the strength of the hoyt is a plus. The cost is a negative. opinions please.

22-Aug-14
I have a chillr and love it, seems a bit slow but smooth!

22-Aug-14
The Chill X is one of the best bows I have ever shot. The CS34 is probably the 2nd best. Both fantastic pieces of equipment and you'll be happy with either. The Chill X to me with the 85% rock mods had the smoothest draw, most solid back wall, and felt very stable at full draw. The almost complete lack of noise and vibration at the shot sold me slightly over the CS34. Now I just need to put my pennies together and buy one!

22-Aug-14
Interesting post. I have a Spyder 34 and don't like it near as much as my CRX 32. I've been researching the Chill and Carbon Knight.....just need to shoot them now

22-Aug-14
I bought a Chill X a week ago. I own bowtec and PSE bows too, and have owned Hoyts, so i have no loyalty to any company.

Here is my quick review. First, it has the AVS yoke system, you basically cannot tune out cam lean, ie horizontal nock travel like you can say on a bowtec. However, This bow shot a bullet hole out of the box and the arrows group. It tunes easy and fast.

With the rock mods, the back wall is solid. This is what i look for in a bow, and this one passes that test.

The Cams draw like butter, silky smooth. It does not have the hump and harsh draw of my Monster 6. I am able to shoot 5 lbs heavier than normal without a problem. At 65lbs, the bow shot 290 fps with a 365 grain arrow.

The 85% let off drops into a valley and stays there. IMHO, this is an excellent feature since you can 1)hold the bow longer if needed on game, 2) there is little or no creep if you hold too long, 3) you can command the shot if needed without having to pull to hard into the stops which can cause muscle tremors. The bow is great for anyone with shoulder problems and overall is an excellent hunting bow.

Mathews finally made a 35"ata hunting bow, and it is IMO the best hunting bow that the company has built to date.

22-Aug-14
I love the Chill X. I have never owned a Mathews and have always been a hoyt guy but IF I buy a new bow it will be a Chill X. Also...I really like the CS34. I am currently shooting a Carbon Matrix but the X is on my short list.

22-Aug-14
Shoot more 11s with my ChillX then anyother bow and I am on my third week with the ChillX ! The first week I shot better with this bow !

22-Aug-14
Thank You very much for your thoughtful replies!

22-Aug-14
Venison junky,

What are the specs on the bow you are shooting? Which rock mods?

Thanks.

22-Aug-14
I bought the chill x last month. It's set on 74 lb draw n feels like 65. It is very smooth to me. But I am new to bow hunting n my knowledge is limited. I have been bow hunting for seven years now. With the chillX I am shooting awesome groups for me out to 70 yards consistently. I have a 30 7/8 draw and with 350 grain arrows and 100 grain broad heads. I am shooting 310 FPS.

23-Aug-14
Shot a chillx about a month ago and loved it, thought that mathews had finally come out with a nice bow. Very smooth, definitely on my want list. I'm gonna settle for shooting my z7 and canon element for this year. Also wanted to see what will be coming in oct as well.

23-Aug-14
Kevin , my bow is 61# 27in dl. 75% Rock mods . I am not sure how fast it is . I just got my chrono yesterday and wouldn't you know they don't come with a stand ,but they don't tell you that when you order .

• Sitka Gear