silky 22-Aug-14
eddie c 23-Aug-14
2rope2 23-Aug-14
Genesis 23-Aug-14
bowriter 24-Aug-14
silky 25-Aug-14
KY EyeBow 25-Aug-14
22-Aug-14
My daughter is attending Murray State ( just across the line in Kentucky) this fall and I've been inviting to hunt with one of the parents involved with the rodeo team, I was hoping to watch her compete and bowhunt too. Any insight would be appreciated.

22-Aug-14
I'm a 1 to 1-1/2 hours south of there. hilly country. plenty of ticks. GOOD deer in that area from what I have seen. close to LBL. I haven't hunted that area but know a few that have.

22-Aug-14
Thanks eddie c for the reply. maybe I'll wait for a couple of frost to help with the ticks.

23-Aug-14
They were Dee reporting ticks in November. I wouldn't count on the frost.

23-Aug-14
Some good deer in area. I live just west hour west of there. Tn has a really long and liberal season. If I had a choice it would be first week of muzzleloader. Usually one of the better times. Over past couple years Tn deer have improved in quality. Good luck. If you need anymore info holler.

23-Aug-14
Don't forget to enjoy the great hunting/fishing in that area east of there in KY either.

24-Aug-14
Excellent county and some good size bucks. If the family has good land in addition to good barrel horses, take them up on it. For antler size, it is one of our better counties. I have hunted it several times and although I have not killed anything, I have seen some good bucks, just couldn't get them close enough.

And thank God for rodeo scholarships-only way I could have gone to college.

As for the ticks, don't worry about it. Just get some Permanone and hunt on. Mid-late Oct. is best for bow hunting but we also have a few days in early Nov. that are pre-rut. Plus, in TN, you can hunt with abow during any of the seasons.

25-Aug-14
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

25-Aug-14
+1 bowriter.

• Sitka Gear