rock50 27-Aug-14
Bear Track 27-Aug-14
Bobbin hood 27-Aug-14
Mad Trapper 27-Aug-14
Thornton 27-Aug-14
stick n string 28-Aug-14
loesshillsarcher 28-Aug-14
22-Aug-14
There are 3 acomplishments, possibly 4 that I consider unique and very hard, if not impossible to duplicate. First is Mike Dickess taking of 3 Boone and Crockett whitetails in a single season. The only reason I can't say this will never be duplicated is because there are so many thatBowhunt trophy bucks and if conditions bounce back favorably from EHD it could happen... There is Jimmy Ryan taking the Super Slam in 4 years. This one could be duplicated and if you consider that is an animal every 2 months then it doesn't sound that bad but it doesn't allow for many misses or failed hunts so I consider it next to impossible to duplicate. Several have mentioned my 217 turkeys to be unbelievable but I don't consider it to be up there with these and there are some real Turkey freaks with money who can stack up 15 to 20 a year if that's what they are into. However my 100 southern easterns without a decoy will never be duplicated because first... who would want to. Hunting with dekes is more fun. Second, it would be quiet a feat to duplicate. The 4th might be...help me out here..is it Ed F with the 37 coyotes. That don't sound like much but get out there and try it...I have 2 call and kill coyotes. I havnt tried a lot but I don't see myself with 10 in the next 20 years. These are the ones I know about...there has to be more.

22-Aug-14
Few dozen P&Y elk all DIY with a bow on public land comes to mind...

22-Aug-14
I once shot a pheasant in flight with my compound bow. Now you may say that this happens all the time and you'd be right. This is where it gets almost impossible to believe or duplicate. I've only ever taken one shot at a flying pheasant in my life. One day walking back from my stand I was flushing a good number of pheasants. They were flying out over a disced bean field. I thought, why not try to shoot one? I had a license, I had the birds, I had my bow. Best of all when I missed I would be able to find my arrow easily in the disced bean field. Well I knocked an arrow tipped with a 100 gr Spitfire and kept walking ready to draw and shoot. I flushed a rooster that took off perfectly flying from right to left out over the bean field. I drew, guessed how much lead to give him and shot. I hit him dead center and dropped him stone dead. I walked out, picked him up, and had him for dinner that night the entire time thinking there's no way this just happened. So my unbelievable, unduplicatable feat is shooting a pheasant in flight with archery gear only getting one chance with 0 practice. You just better have a horseshoe up your butt like I did! Ha!

22-Aug-14
TBM,

A guy completed the NA29 in just 9 months, rifle obviously. That's amazing.

22-Aug-14
Yote Robertson has taken 3 Dall sheep with a longbow.

22-Aug-14
Last year we had a bat in the house and I went outside and left the door open and whistled and the bat flew out side !

22-Aug-14
I don't see 3 P&Y whitetails in one year being that tough. On most years I could shoot 2 which is what OK allows, without stepping out of my home county. I would have to lower my standards a bit as I usually don't draw unless they break 160.

Edit: my fault missing the B&C, that would be much more difficult. I know a guy that could do that regularly if he chose to, but he has access to 50+ thousand acres in multiple states.

22-Aug-14
3 P&Y is still somewhat tough, but since he actually said 3 B&C, you may want to rethink it. I would think someone else may have done this, but not many.

22-Aug-14
I once shot at a squirrel 2 times at 6 yards with a 20 gauge. He was positioned at the base of a huge oak tree. Both shots circumscribed the dang critter with flying bark - by mere inches-as though he projected a force field. Hapless as he was (or cruel as I am), he stood stock still in shock and my third shot blew him to smithereens. It was the most amazing thing I ever witnessed, except for the pulverized squirrel. I felt badly about that.

22-Aug-14
Heck I'm still trying to figure out who the "several" people are supposedly mentioned the taking of 217 turkey by an unknown.

to me that's far more amazing than anything noted above .......if it really happened of course..................?????????????????

22-Aug-14
"Heck I'm still trying to figure out who the "several" are mentioned the taking of 217 turkey by an unknown that's more amazing than anything above .......if it really happen"

This^^^^^^^

22-Aug-14
When I was 15 years old I shot a goose with a bent aluminum arrow, no fletchings and no tip. I think I shot him at 20 yards with my brand new at that time 1987 martin bow.

I think 3 B&C bucks in one year would be tuff to do with a bow.

Nick, now that is one heck of a season. WoW that is amazing in deed.

22-Aug-14
Randy,

At six yards, your pattern was still so tight it would be like shooting the squirrel with a deer slug. Maybe the first two shots just missed, and the third shot was spot on.

22-Aug-14
Unfortunately, the taking of an elephant with archery gear may no longer be duplicated.

22-Aug-14
TBM, Your stock is still rising, but if you don't meet expectations with your elk report it may hit a correction period.

22-Aug-14

22-Aug-14
Nick I couldn't put together the logistics of a 9 month super slam much less go on the hunts. That took some planning. I would lobe to hear more about that..even if it was a gun

22-Aug-14
I think Jake's archery sheep slam in one year is pretty darn incredible. I tried to do three sheep in one year with a rifle and failed miserably.

TBM...The youngest, fastest Super Slammer is Justin Raggazine...At age 30 or 31 he did this feat in a VERY short period of time with a rifle but the # of months escapes me. Nick, I told you not to quote me on the 9 month thing...:) I don't know if it was nine months, but know it was well under 3 years. Either way, quite a feat.

Guessing the youngest Super Slammer is soon to be Lincoln Tapp...I think he was halfway there at age 14 or 15. Also pretty incredible.

22-Aug-14
Gimme the unlimited bank roll and no work and it's all possible. Just logistics from there

22-Aug-14
I think the single act in the hunting world that will have the longest reaching effect is the singlehanded hijacking of a great hunting site by a complete idiot.

22-Aug-14
I think there is one I could pull off...

TBM, if I get 100 people to agree that you are the greatest turkey hunter with a bow that has ever walked this earth would you agree to never post on The Bowsite again? I believe I could make it happen and in your mind I know you know you deserve it!

22-Aug-14
R. Hale that's a good one, I haven't laughed that hard in a while!!

22-Aug-14
"Gimme the unlimited bank roll and no work and it's all possible. Just logistics from there"

The work and effort required just to put yourself in that position is more difficult than the slam itself. Kudos to those who are able to achieve it!

22-Aug-14
I once shot a hummingbird with an arrow

22-Aug-14
When I was 18 I killed two flying cinnamon teal at 79 yards with one shot...

22-Aug-14
R. Hale: You got it.....!

22-Aug-14
I've always appreciated R. Hale's viewpoint but never more than that last post!

22-Aug-14
Seems like I was reading just a day or two ago about derailing other folks' threads. Also seems to me that some threads vanished .This is TBM's thread. You can just pass on it.

22-Aug-14
All of the sudden I like TBM and think he's a genius... Ed F

22-Aug-14
The correct spelling of 3 words in a row is pretty darn astonishing given the difficulty of 2 of them!

22-Aug-14
My wife killed an estimated 4 million ants with one can of raid.

22-Aug-14
Word, drycreek

22-Aug-14
Why would ANYONE want to shoot a Hummingbird??? Maybe next time you can find something a LITTLE LESS DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

22-Aug-14

Bake's MOBILE embedded Photo
Bake's MOBILE embedded Photo

I killed this buck. This cannot be duplicated as the buck is dead and cannot be killed again

Bake

22-Aug-14
Ha

22-Aug-14
I once pole vaulted over a mouse turd....barely made it too!

22-Aug-14
TBM do you have pics of all your turkey kills or the feet or anything? Would be an astonishing pic to see 434 feet lined up in a row.

23-Aug-14
"When I was 18 I killed two flying cinnamon teal at 79 yards with one shot..."

What broad head?

23-Aug-14
When I was 18 I killed two flying cinnamon teal at 79 yards with one shot...

that may be an amazing feat or not. it depends. if the team was from alabama it is amazing as the teal there are the mensas of the waterfowl world............like all other feathered quarry.

if the teal was from anywhere else it was not a big deal as they are stupid.

23-Aug-14
"When I was 18 I killed two flying cinnamon teal at 79 yards with one shot..."

What broad head?

3" Mag #4 tungsten, major FOC, ha!

23-Aug-14
Well Bou, they were the only cinnamons I ever saw where I grew up on the central coast in California-I don't care if they were dumb or not! :) One tasted good and the other lives on my bookshelf...

23-Aug-14
When I was a kid I shot a bird once off a high wire with a BB gun. Does that count? lol

I ran up Rambo style and rolled a few times and then put the butt of the gun into the ground beside my hip. I was instinctive aiming and pulled the trigger and poof.....Down went the poor little bird.

Greatest shot I saw or hear tale of. lol

23-Aug-14
Low crawled with second cut alfalfa upto a woodchuck. Uppercut punched twice and killed that woodchuck with my bare hands.

Does that count? (cir 1979)

23-Aug-14
Hammer I will post a pick if all my spurs when it gets closet to Turkey season. I have most of them. The taxidermist ran off with 16 of them...all part of my single season double grand slam. A cat got a couple sets off the dash board and a dog got a set or two but I still got a pile. Still trying to figure out how to display them all.

23-Aug-14
Jake's sheep slam in one season.

Bob Ameen's 50+ P&Y blacktails

23-Aug-14
Jake, I know, I am just having fun with the OP. Though, it is amazing it took 3 shots and extremely bad judgement to vaporize Rocky. ;)

23-Aug-14
The triple lutz half gainer that I did when I almost stepped on a diamond back.

Terry

23-Aug-14
The number of people that will open this thread, read the first post, roll their eyes, and move on.

23-Aug-14
"The number of people that will open this thread, read the first post, roll their eyes, and move on."

+\- 217?

24-Aug-14
"The number of people that will open this thread, read the first post, roll their eyes, and move on."

tough to answer since probably half of them will poke hot knitting needles in their eyes before rolling them so it is tough to lay out odds on that.

24-Aug-14
My most unbelievable feat involves a .22 revolver and a squirrel. I was hunting with one of my high school friends with shotguns and we saw a squirrel on a rock about 75 yards away. I pulled out my hand gun and told my friend that I was going to shoot the squirrel in the eye. ( I am a terrible handgun shot and the revolver was junk) I mad a great show of aiming and fired. To my amazement the squirrel stiffened and lay still. I told my friend that I flinched and hit him in the ear instead of the eye. When we got to the body I was utterly amazed to see a drop of blood on the squirrels ear. One extremely lucky shot for me. Not so lucky for the critter.

24-Aug-14
I once walked up on a covey of birds when i was squirrel hunting and killed one on the rise with the .22 rifle.

Another time I killed a flying chimney sweep with a .22 rifle.

These aren't unduplicatable but they are by me.

TBM...my "turkey hunting mentor" had killed 100 easterns without a decoy when he was in his early 40s. That was probably 20 years ago and I don't know how many since. We lost touch probably 10 years ago.

He doesn't use a decoy. I won't speak to his scruples (he would get tags for his wife, daughters and himself every year...) but he is a helluva hunter and killer.

24-Aug-14
I shot a 9 point buck running with one shot at over 455 yards one time. He was running straight away from us and I hit him in the bunghole with my 7 mag. He died instantly and had no extra holes anywhere on his body.

24-Aug-14
Tmac I was thinking the same thing. How TBM can spell unbelievable and unduplicatable in the title correctly, is in itself unbelievable and unduplicatable.

24-Aug-14
I killed 28 longbeards in six days one time. It was 100 percent legal where I was. That's a feat hard to repeat. And they where with a shotgun. But my partner did same with a bow. Back then I didn't bow hunt. Here's different pics on two different days.

24-Aug-14
Hhhmmm ha tbm so as discussed blinds make killin birds waaayy easier and i agree with that.. So how about one guy killin his limit of 3 all natural setup no blind with a bow on film? Or how about a group of 3 good buddies all killin their limits (9 total birds) all natural setup no blind archery on film???? Maybe spring 2014 just wasnt your year and was ours! ;-)

In 2015, I challenge you to just one natural setup no blind archery kill on film with you and bird in screen and no cheesy cutaways... You do that maybe ill save an easy cali bird for ya ;-)

24-Aug-14
Fwiw I was in New Zealand. They have no limits and no natural predators

24-Aug-14
Dp

24-Aug-14
My votes would be for the two following for sure:

1. Tom Miranda- NA 29- all kills recorded on video

2. Jake- Sheep Slam in 12 months

Possible Honorable Mention: Buffalo1- South African Spiral Super Slam (nyala, bushbuck, kudu & eland) taken in 8 1/2 days on the same hunt with a bow. All animals were photographed by the hunter (me)before the shot was taken for the kill.

24-Aug-14
I read a story where the guy had killed a total of 28 or something like that and he went to new Zealand and killed more than that in one day...they just walked up on em and shot em ova dare. I don't think that would be fun...it be like hunting those California birds( ' : hey, I like Kentucky or Missouri birds..public land . Hard enough to be rewarding...easy enough to be fun. I normally kill two in 3 days up there.

24-Aug-14
Last post from me to you. But it wasn't a challenge the first couple days. I agree. But it was a dream of mine and I had the opportunity to do it for a reasonable price. You never know till you go and by the third day they were pretty wise and to see 30 longbeards strutting in one bunch was awesome 15 years ago when there weren't many around here. But as far as you coming up here and killing two birds in three days. Turkey are turkeys and when they are hot they are hot. Come spend the week at LBL ( Land Between the Lakes) or Mark Twain national forest. Then call me, cause evidently you never been there and its hard enough with a gun on those places. And by they way it was 28 over six days. Either way you can't top it.

24-Aug-14
All these gun guys are the same...they follow the same question pattern. They first try to pin you down and discredit you and when they can't do that they get P.O.ed and go the other way. They can't stand that a bowhunter can out do them with their 70 patterened shotguns. I get this all the time. Didn't unmentioned that on the Disrespect video. Now all of a sudden those tame stock Missouri birds are tougher than Alabama true wild birds??? Laughable.

24-Aug-14
Always some turkeys I can't kill but in two days I'm tagged out and gone to a nother state. Funny how folks plan to come meet me and see how there turkeys whipped me but by the tome they get there I'm already tagged out and gone. I leve them a pile of feathers.

24-Aug-14
Jakes sheep for sure.

Doesn't someone have all of the NA animals with a longbow?

Was it Nathan Anderson that shot all the sheep with a longbow?

25-Aug-14
I once killed a man for snoring too loud.

25-Aug-14
Beendare ,

Good question. Does Fred Eicher have a NA 29 with a recurve? If so, he would have to be included in the standouts.

25-Aug-14
the most amazing feat, by far, is that of getting me to read this thread, kudos!

25-Aug-14
Beendare,

A couple years ago, Nathan Andersohn was within 4-5 animals of completing the NA29 with a longbow, not to mention the Grand Slam. I don't know if he completed it yet.....but hopefully will see him at P&Y next year, and get to catch up.

Buffalo1,

Fred Eichler did complete the NA29 with a recurve.

25-Aug-14
Introduce a new person to hunting every year you hunt yourself.

25-Aug-14
Genesis, that's easy if you have Multiple Personality Disorder ;-)

25-Aug-14
I stopped in a public restroom yesterday and a guy had managhed to do his business down the side of the toilet, on the outside! I'm not sure that could be duplicated or how that can even be possible.

25-Aug-14
Jake, yes, Nathan has taken the SS with the longbow.

TBM, I think I am starting to understand your southerness. Bless your heart, is I think how you all say it, you are the MAN...

25-Aug-14

Stinkbait1's embedded Photo
Stinkbait1's embedded Photo
Here's something I will likely never do again.

25-Aug-14
Stinkbait, sure you will, keep flingin em!

25-Aug-14
When my son was 8 years old, for Christmas that year, I bought him a pellet rifle. First shot he took with it, from our back door to the apple tree is about 12 yards. He held that rifle what seemed forever, till the bird flew. In flight he shot that sparrow through both eyes. Think I'm proud of that shot?

25-Aug-14
I've shought 2 rough grouse with my bow one in flight!

At the Archery house my dad shot at in Michigan I shot a ball swinging from an elastic string with one shot at 18 yards and when the arrow stopped it was dead center of the xring

At age 18 I met the Urbasik sisters ;0)

I've broke bread with Serbian shark, Jayg, Blake, Blacktail Bob, Medicinemann, Non Typical, MulePower, Panhandlebob, Redman, Tradtech, Sandbrew, jerimiah, and the infamous BearTrack and his ever so HOT wife!

There are my 3 famous accomplishments for some reason #2 has the fondest memory

25-Aug-14
Stinkbait, you will. I was trying out a recurve bow at the range many years ago and shot at a target with another guy. I got a Robin Hood on his arrow. We laughed, I kept the trophy. 10 minutes later, I did it to another guy's arrow on his target. So if I can do it twice, you can too.

25-Aug-14
my wife voted for Obama twice and she's still alive.

25-Aug-14
4 sheep species, one bow, 8 months, lots of Gator Aid and a cous deer thrown in for good measure. I doubt that will be topped in a good while.

25-Aug-14
Ha! Kelly, the "ever so HOT wife" says "Thank you Kelly!"

I'd say, you just made that lady's day!

25-Aug-14
Bear Track: "When my son was 8 years old, for Christmas that year, I bought him a pellet rifle. First shot he took with it, from our back door to the apple tree is about 12 yards. He held that rifle what seemed forever, till the bird flew. In flight he shot that sparrow through both eyes. Think I'm proud of that shot?"

Ron, TBM isn't your son is he?

25-Aug-14
Ha! Kelly, the "ever so HOT wife" says "Thank you Kelly!"

I'd say, you just made that lady's day!

25-Aug-14
Come on guys, how about a story of the most unbelievable feat (i.e., the biggest BS story) you ever heard? I had a guy who was the mayor of a small town I worked in swear he shot a deer at 1 mile (he said he paced it off afterwards) with a 30.06. Said he held 30 feet over. Needless to say we didn't see eye-to-eye.

25-Aug-14
Why make up anything...my real life accomplishments is obviously unbelievable enough. Most everything yall are comeing up with is axeadental stuff...I've got hundreds of those...the dove I killed 60 yards high with buckshot...squirrel I arrowed running at 40..quail at 40..the list goes on and on. I will agree the 29 done with recurve is stout. It would be interesting how many have goals set that they havnt accomplished yet. For me it would be a 350 bull on thefirst outing for elk.

25-Aug-14
"I think the single act in the hunting world that will have the longest reaching effect is the singlehanded hijacking of a great hunting site by a complete idiot." LMAO

25-Aug-14
"Why make up anything...my real life accomplishments is obviously unbelievable enough"

I would have to say "amen" to you being "unbelievable" !!

How do you know that dove was 60 yds high? Squirrel at 40? MPH or yds high? How do you know? Quail at 40? MPH or yds away/high? How do you know?

Lack of verification makes many things unbelievable.

26-Aug-14
One time we were bowfishing and my son and his buddy were skipping rocks. I picked up a rock and a barn swallow flew by at about 30 yards and I chucked it at him and killed him deader than hell. The boys stood there in shock. I said dang it I didn't lead him enough I was aiming for his head.

26-Aug-14
TBM has a point...many of these feats listed are "axedental"

Jakes one year sheep slam....or the trad guys completing the SS- thats no accident

26-Aug-14
Axedental- would that be paul bunyans dentist office?

26-Aug-14
Axedental? What does insurance have to do with it?

26-Aug-14
I worked a 9hr shift, shot a 8 pointer, and went on two dates the same day with different woman, then caught 2 stripers over 35", and still went to work the next day

26-Aug-14
somethins fishy about that r-man ;-)

26-Aug-14
It would have been better as seen below...

"I worked a 9hr shift, shot a 8 pointer, and went on two dates the same day with two different strippers over 35", and still went to work the next day"

26-Aug-14
I fished for stripers all day, then worked as a stripper for women over 35...those things really pull

26-Aug-14

JayG@work's embedded Photo
JayG@work's embedded Photo
Skillz, 50 yards, pellet gun,, top that guys. LOL Jay

27-Aug-14
I scored a touchdown on a kickoff once. I was the kicker. How many time have you seen that at any level? Yeah I am bragging on this one.

27-Aug-14

rock50's embedded Photo
rock50's embedded Photo
This is a feat not many here could duplicate.

Joseph (the hunter), the night watchman at my son-in-laws strawberry farm in Zambia

27-Aug-14

rock50's embedded Photo
rock50's embedded Photo
I am not sure how many grains his projectile is............

27-Aug-14

rock50's embedded Photo
rock50's embedded Photo
Joseph walked 40km, killed this bushbuck, loaded it in a wheelbarrow, and pushed it back home.

The most interesting part of the story is how Joseph showed my tech savvy son-in-law how to use his Bluetooth to get the pic to Erik's phone.

27-Aug-14

Bear Track's embedded Photo
Bear Track's embedded Photo
Couple years ago, my own incredible shot. 20 yards up and 30 yards out. Head shot this goose as it flew by my "back 40"

27-Aug-14
JayG@work! That doesn't count! First its only part of a tail and not a full tail. And it was a doe monk not a buck monk! Sorry! Couldn't pass it up!!!!!!!

Have a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!

27-Aug-14
Ned was that football game played in a cornfield by chance??????

27-Aug-14
Pretty sure that is illegal shooting a goose with a lead pellet and an air rifle.

28-Aug-14
That shirt is what should be illegal...... DA BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28-Aug-14
Very near one

• Sitka Gear