Cajunarcher 22-Jan-15
huntmaster 22-Jan-15
Cajunarcher 22-Jan-15
gulfcoast 22-Jan-15
kota-man 22-Jan-15
'Ike' (Phone) 22-Jan-15
Russell 22-Jan-15
25-Aug-14
I will post a story when I get home from this trip but so far it's been better than I've expected....

25-Aug-14
Patiently waiting!

26-Aug-14
Can't wait to hear Lee!!

26-Aug-14
Congrats...Can't wait to hear about it. Another month and I will be back up there.

26-Aug-14
Good for you===exciting!!

Good luck, Robb

26-Aug-14
Let's just say Lee's horseshoe is still right where its always been..

26-Aug-14
Lee you'd better not sandbag on us too long! I've been waiting for this thread to come up for a while now.

26-Aug-14
Hey guys I only have service at lodge and we don't stay here long cause Llyod is always ready to chase something wether it's bears or fishing lol. We fly back on Saturday so I will post whole story because I'm sure there will be lots more excitement.

26-Aug-14
I bet I can tell you how the goat hunt turned out.

26-Aug-14
I bet I can tell you how the goat hunt turned out.

28-Aug-14
Hunt is coming to an end here in BC. I still have a wolf tag and 1 more day left to hunt but overall this trip has been amazing since day 1. We have been treated like family and ate like kings the entire time. After a great flight and all our luggage arriving safely in Smithers we headed for the lodge. The scenery was breathtaking with mountain peaks surrounding us in every direction to crystal clear lakes, not typical of south Louisiana lol. Lloyd , my cousin Ryan Short and I arrived at the main lodge and was quickly greeted to a sow black bear with cub across the lake. From that point on I knew this trip would be something to remember. Early next morning we headed up the trailhead with high hopes for an archery goat. The hike up to goat camp was a fairly tough but with goats already spotted in distance made it really easy to smile the whole way up. Once we found our spot to camp the hunt was on! There were goats in every direction with one bedded in a stalkable spot or so we thought.... Ryan stayed behind to give us a heads up on if the goat changed location . Llyod and I made it halfway up the steep rock face when he stopped on a dime and said " don't move he's looking right at us". Definitely not what I wanted to hear but it was a reality check on how easy this was NOT gonna be....

28-Aug-14
After a quick stare down the goat disappeared behind some rocks so we slowly hiked up . We were making our way through when all of a sudden the billy popped out of some rocks around 50 or 60 yds. As fast as it appeared it was gone again and we lost him in all the rocks. Day 2 came with plenty goat sightings and one long stalk on a goat but when we got to his area he was gone. As we were hiking to another area Ryan spotted movement down in a boulder field which turned out to be a beautiful wolverine. Wether it was curious to our scent , which we probably smelled like goats lol, or just coincidental but it ran all the way up to about 40 yds from us. Next morning Lloyd and I decided to check out another area that was by far the nastiest terrain we encountered . Once we finally made it to the very top of the ridge line we found a couple really fresh beds and tracks putting us on high alert. Carefully peeking over the ridge while scanning all the the nooks and crannies knowing there was a goat nearby had me heart pumping already ! The steepness of the terrain made it hard to glass much area so we would walk about 30 to 40 yds then peek over looking for the goat. After walking and looking for a few minutes Lloyd poked his head over and dropped down with words I will never forget " there's a goat right there!" Two years ago I've booked this hunt waiting to hear those words! As I looked over all I saw was one of his legs as he was bedded tight along the ledge. A quick range showed 84 yds and within minutes he stood up and started working his way towards us. The next few minutes were kinda like a dream cause I don't remember every detail from the excitement but I knew this was gonna be my opportunity I've been waiting for! Lloyd ranges the broadside goat at 50yds and I come to full draw but as I'm trying to settle pin he's slowly walking and I can tell he will work his way closer so I let down. We scramble about 20 yds closer as he got behind a ledge and close the distance to 30 yds! I crawl up to the rim and look straight down ranging the goat at 30 yds perfect broadside. I'm at full draw on my knees trying to calm myself for the shot but worried my bottom can will hit the rock when I release. Slowly standing up with the goat still closing the distance to 12 yds straight below me I settle for the shot. Just as about to release he turns quartering hard to me so I held and held till he got straight on with me. I'm not a big fan of a straight on shot but whether he winded us or just knew something wasn't right he got nervous and looked straight up at me. Knowing it was now or never I released arrow hitting him hard through the chest! The slicktrick head penetrated the whole body coming out of the back leg . He spun around and only made it about 50 yds before coming to his final resting place without tumbling down the mountain! The rest is in the pictures cause there's no better feeling in the world to want something so bad and work so hard for it . I won't keep rambling on but I can't thank Babine outfitters , my guide Lloyd ,Ryan short for tagging along with me and everybody else that was cheering for me back at home enough to get this done. I ended up taking a beautiful black bear on a spot and stalk hunt a few days later which was a ton of fun!! Not to mention the great salmon fishing we've done just making this whole trip a dream come true!!!

28-Aug-14
well done you earned it

28-Aug-14
Fantastic...big congrats on a great hunt.

Look forward to some pics.

28-Aug-14

Cajunarcher's embedded Photo

28-Aug-14

28-Aug-14
now that really was some steep terrain

28-Aug-14
Fantastic, congrats!

28-Aug-14
Congrats! That's a great looking bear!

28-Aug-14

bowkill1978's embedded Photo
Congrats! You are a stone-cold killer! Here's a picture right-side up..

28-Aug-14

Not only did Cajunarcher go up to BC and kill a trophy goat and bear with his bow, but he also mounted a ptarmigan. Y'all got that? The guide had a ptarmigan in the freezer waiting to be mounted. Lee, being an unbelievable bird taxidermist, takes it out of the freezer and thaws it out. He skins out the bird, carves a mold out of a piece of foam, and, using jig heads for eyes, mounts the ptarmigan. He's like the McGyver of taxidermists. This dude can do it all!

28-Aug-14
Congratulations on your successful hunt.

28-Aug-14
Way to go Cajunarcher.'t Those are some beautiful trophies. Can wait to see and hear more about your adventure.

28-Aug-14
Awesome hunt Lee!!! Keep the story coming!

Mark

28-Aug-14
Congrats Lee! Sounds like an awesome time. Look forward to hearing more. BJ

28-Aug-14
Congrats looks like a great hunt

28-Aug-14
Thanks guys just got back to lodge from salmon fishing . Did really well!

29-Aug-14
Congrats on a couple nice animals! Well done!

29-Aug-14

29-Aug-14
Heck of a hunt Lee!! Glad your back safe with fantastic trophies and memories that will last forever. Well done!!!

29-Aug-14
Wow Lee, I'm a jealous man. A very jealous man!!! Congrats on your trophies. Definitely EARNED them.

29-Aug-14
You're a natural born "Cajun-Killer"!!! Congrats! See you Sunday, bring me that horseshoe for my Fall trips!!! LOL

29-Aug-14
He would have to dig deep, BPM, to get that horseshoe out!

29-Aug-14
Nice Goat! Congrats!

29-Aug-14
Congrats and thanks for the story.

29-Aug-14
Awesome pics! Well done:)

29-Aug-14
Beauty!! Congrats!

29-Aug-14
Looks like a great trip. Congratulations on the goat and bear.

29-Aug-14
Great job! Congrats.

29-Aug-14
Beautiful Goat, Congrat's on a great trip. That is why they are booked so many years out. Way to go Babine.

29-Aug-14
Thanks everybody ! About to eat our last big dinner of the trip. Back to reality tomorrow which I'm not looking forward to. Once again I can't thank this whole operation enough for making dreams come true! Looking forward to coming back in 2017 to tag along on Ryan Short's goat hunt he's booking. One last note that I believe helped me with my luck , we carried jersey johns white tyvek suit in our packs for good luck. Thanks jersey john for being with me on my hunt cause I know you were watching down on us smiling..

29-Aug-14
Congrats, Cajun, and thanks for sharing.

The really cool part, as a reader, is it's soooooooo obvious you earned and appreciated every danged aspect of the hunt.

Cool mount on the bird, too.

That gives the guides a story from the trip, too.

Thanks for the smiles you provided.

29-Aug-14
Congratulations!

29-Aug-14
Great Job!

30-Aug-14
Congrats Cajun. Glad to see you had a great hunt. I knew you would Jake and Llyod are the best! We need more pictures,

30-Aug-14
Congrats on a whale of a hunt!

30-Aug-14
Awesome hunt, Congratulations!

30-Aug-14
thank you for sharing your hunt with us. You did it right and should be very proud of your accomplishments. John

21-Jan-15
Cajunarcher,

Congrats on two fine trophies. Especially the goat.

Lloyd is still talking about that shot (last week during my trapping adventure).

I'm looking for some advice regarding trekking poles and a backpack.

Don't have either and scheduled to hunt with Lloyd in Sept 16.

I know Lloyd like the one pine hiking stick, but what about the trekking poles?

I don't have a good backpack for packing in my gear nor packing out the horns and skin.

Thanks for any suggestion you may provide.

Russell

21-Jan-15
Hey Russell I'll pm u my phone number give me a call I'll be glad to help u out with any info.

22-Jan-15
Russell,

What dates are you going in 16?

I'll be there for the 10-19th September dates.

I bought a pair of Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork poles and a Kifaru Bikini Frame with the T2 bag last year. I used both for 10 days or so chasing elk last year and both items were great. I plan on taking the poles and frame along for sure, I might get a bigger bag between now and then for my pack.

Lee, I just realized that I never commented on this thread...only read it a few times for inspiration!! Congrats again!!

22-Jan-15
The T2 will be plenty for this hunt. I used a T2 with a med pod and had plenty of room for gear and hide/meat. Can't beat the Kifaru packs!

22-Jan-15
Thanks hunt master ! I used a 6000 mystery ranch pack that bigpizzaman gave to me on that hunt. I also used big Agnes trekking poles . Any lightweight retractable poles will do the job and imo 2 of them is a must! Good luck to all of you that are going on that hunt and I can't wait to get back up there in '17

22-Jan-15
Thanks for the info on the T2 Brett. When I was talking with Lloyd, he made it sound like I might need a bigger pack. Sounds like I'll be good to go with what I have then.

Cajun, I couldn't believe how much of a difference the poles made just elk hunting last year. I loved them!

22-Jan-15
They were really useful for balancing yourself crossing those boulder fields . Lots of loose rocks in there.

22-Jan-15
Lee, how are you my friend? Enjoyed your post. Sorry I did not catch the story until now. I remember the pic. Congrats on the successful goat hunt! Im envious.

Nice ptarm mount too ; ). Is it going to worlds???

Give me a shout when you get the chance.

22-Jan-15
Of course Lloyd wants you to bring a bigger pack...That way he doesn't have to carry as much! :)

My first hunt with these guys I used a Kifaru UL3500 with pockets and was just under 5000 ci. The second hunt I used a Nomad. Both packs were plenty big and I would think a T2 would be just fine.

22-Jan-15
What a trip, how awesome....Congrats!

22-Jan-15
Huntmaster,

Our paths may cross at the Smithers airport.

My hunt dates are 31 Aug - 9 Sept. Flying out 10 Sept.

Planning on buying a set of Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork poles in the next couple months. Need to start training for a hunt.

Been studying the packs. Leaning toward the Kuiu Icon pro or EXO Mountain Gear packs based on total weight.

Good talking with Lee last night. Learned a bunch and have a better understanding of the equipment I'll be carrying daily.

• Sitka Gear