MathewsMan 01-Oct-14
PAstringking 01-Oct-14
Bou'bound 02-Oct-14
Mad Trapper 02-Oct-14
wkochevar 16-Oct-14
26-Aug-14

tatonka's embedded Photo
tatonka's embedded Photo
Well, last year at this time I was counting the days until I left for Manitoba to hunt Central Barren Ground Caribou... I envy all of you guys heading out to various places to hunt caribou this fall.. Beware: The north country is addictive...you're going to want to go back!!! And those caribou steaks will melt in your mouth!!!

26-Aug-14
...I couldn't make it back to Richard's camps this fall, but will be heading up again (3rd time) this time next year. I could not agree more about the tundra. Special place, special people, special memories.

26-Aug-14
I am getting anxious, we leave to begin our driving and 3 flights on September 12...

Went with Henik Lake Adventures for our Canadian Central Barrenground Caribou choice.

26-Aug-14
Last year, today, we flew out of Denver to Anchorage. We made it to our camp on the 28th and I shot my bull on Sept. 1st. I got the blessing's from my wife to head back up in 2016...its going to be a long wait.

I have four friends who are in the same camp today (they killed two yesterday)...and I'm going crazy waiting to hear more from them.

26-Aug-14
I leave Sep 7.....it's all I can think about. 1st bou hunt.

26-Aug-14
Tatonka,

That is a great picture to start this thread!! How about a few more?

26-Aug-14
glass eye - where are you heading for your first trip..?..

26-Aug-14

At's embedded Photo
At's embedded Photo
This group moved through out camp.

26-Aug-14

At's embedded Photo
At's embedded Photo
And this group stayed in our camp! :)

27-Aug-14

tatonka's embedded Photo
tatonka's embedded Photo
Some young bulls that swam across the lake in front of the boat...

27-Aug-14

tatonka's embedded Photo
tatonka's embedded Photo
Flying into the Lodge at Little Duck from Thompson, Manitoba...

27-Aug-14

tatonka's embedded Photo
tatonka's embedded Photo
Some young bulls I stalked and "Shot" (with my camera)...

27-Aug-14

tatonka's embedded Photo
tatonka's embedded Photo
Loading up to head back to Thompson.....

27-Aug-14
Was the hunter in the wheelchair hunting with a gun, muzzleloader, or bow? Looks like everybody doubled up!!

27-Aug-14
Dwitt2n Going to Adak DIY backpacking in away from the road system. Was there in January for waterfowl (DIY) and saw plenty of bou's.

27-Aug-14
...glass eye - have a safe & great hunt....post a few pics if you get the chance.....

27-Aug-14
We leave tomorrow headed to Thompson and then the fly out to camp. Once I get all this work out of the way then I will get excited....that will be tomorrow when I hit the road!

27-Aug-14

tatonka's embedded Photo
tatonka's embedded Photo
Eric (hunter in the wheelchair) hunted with a rifle.. He killed one of his bulls from the boat and one from a 4-wheeler near camp. He also caught a 37 1/2" lake trout. He's a super nice guy...from Oregon.. I didn't know any of these guys before I got to the lodge...all were from other places, but I've stayed in touch with Eric and Gerald (the man standing next to me in the photo..I'm on the far left). Gerald is 80 years old and he wasn't afraid to get out and walk... Here's a photo back at the lodge during dinner....

27-Aug-14

300 Win Mag's embedded Photo
300 Win Mag's embedded Photo
This is last year. Headed to the North Slope on Saturday to try and get my 5th species to complete my caribou slam. Got a Bear tag with me also. Wish me luck!

27-Aug-14
Big Pizzaman called me a few days ago asking me to Leave Friday to go with him on a caribou trip because there was a cancleation.

It sucked telling him no but I think Morgan will appreciate the Polaris RZR a lot more than I would this hunt knowing Morgan didnt get that RZR because I chose a hunt instead!

Tim agreed 100%

10-Sep-14
Returned from Manitoba early Sunday morning. Our trip was cut severely short by weather delays getting into camp. Socked in weather turned our 5 day into a 2 day hunt. However, once we finally did arrive we were in the caribou. Although we fully intended to bow hunt, our harvests were with a rifle due to the time constraints. That being said, I did draw on 3 different bulls and missed one when I misjudged the distance he ran after spooking. I am fully convinced that had we had the full 5 days we could have made it happen with the bows....as we all know archery success comes with experience and we just didn't have the time. I don't want to start a bow vs. rifle debate here so I am not going to post pics at this time. All in all it was a great adventure albeit a short hunt...I would go back in a heartbeat!!

10-Sep-14
Please post your pics. I have about 14 more hours work this week and leave Friday to venture up to Nunavut, can hardly contain myself!

11-Sep-14

wkochevar's embedded Photo
These next 2 are mine from last week...not the biggest on the tundra but respectable This is number 1

11-Sep-14

11-Sep-14
Those tops are a lot nicer than "respectable".

Bummer on the weather. Congrats on the bulls!

11-Sep-14
Thank you. If one like that second one is in bowrange it will be getting my tag on it!

26-Sep-14

MathewsMan's embedded Photo
MathewsMan's embedded Photo
Well the first bull I had an archery opportunity on was similar, so here he is. Had to recover him from the lake where he went out and died, so the velvet was all coming off and we just peeled him clean for the photo.

It looked a lot like your bull when the velvet was still on him.

I'm thrilled to death to have taken him, and to have experienced this hunt with my dad.

It consequentally also completed my Super Ten with a bow.

01-Oct-14
MM, That's a KILLER archery bull!! Congrats to you!!

01-Oct-14

MathewsMan's MOBILE embedded Photo
MathewsMan's MOBILE embedded Photo

Thank you, it was much better of a bull than I had envisioned taking.

I still have not seen any of the photos my dad took, we are exchanging via snail mail but he must have taken this photo which shows him a little better than any of the pics I have.

01-Oct-14

PAstringking's embedded Photo
PAstringking's embedded Photo
Not as far north but was able to take a nice Woodland bull last week. Populations are down in many areas.

02-Oct-14
nice woodland. special animals.

02-Oct-14
Congrats guys on some GREAT bulls!!!!!!!!!!

16-Oct-14
PA, Great bull!! Woodlands are next on my list, great country and great animals K

• Sitka Gear