mountainman 16-Dec-14
ilandhunter 29-Dec-14
PeroteHunter 29-Dec-14
mountainman 29-Dec-14
PeroteHunter 29-Dec-14
loesshillsarcher 30-Dec-14
loesshillsarcher 30-Dec-14
30-Aug-14
Phoenix ,AZ April 15 ,2015 PY biennial Who's going ?

30-Aug-14
I want to go go City. At the same time I would like to get my Arizona bow hunter Ed taken care of.

30-Aug-14
I'll be there. My brother in law and his family live in Scottsdale so it'll be a dual purpose trip.

30-Aug-14
I'm planning on it. If anyone figured out how to do the hunter ed while there let me know. I'd like to do that too

Bake

30-Aug-14

30-Aug-14
Count me in!

30-Aug-14
Everybody!

30-Aug-14
Me and the fam

30-Aug-14
I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting some great Bowsite people.

30-Aug-14
Coues Deer, Osceola turkeys, black bear, and moose=no more vacation time for P&Y unfortunately. One day I will get there and I really LOVE Arizona.

30-Aug-14
Room is booked Wednesday to Sunday! Looking forward to it!

30-Aug-14
I'll be there.

30-Aug-14
Planning on it.

30-Aug-14
Wouldn't miss it! be there for the whole chibang

30-Aug-14
I'll be there.

Anyone interested in sharing a room? I don't snore.

Also looking to contribute some gas money for a ride out there from SoCal as I'll be getting on a plane from Phoenix flying back to AK for work after the convention is over, otherwise, I'll just fly to Phoenix.

EDIT: If anyone's going down the 10, I could get dropped off in Banning where the 243 comes down from Idyllwild and meet you there.

30-Aug-14
I'll be going Idyll I'll pm you my number in leaving from north of you I can most likely pick you up on the way.

Adam

30-Aug-14
I wouldn't miss it... I caution you guys who are attending your first P&Y Club convention... You'll end up going to the next one, and the next one... Great time. Ed F

30-Aug-14
I haven't been since to P&Y since the SLC convention in 2001. I may well attend this one, however.

30-Aug-14
I'll be there!

30-Aug-14
Me too...

--Jim

30-Aug-14
Will be a great time, We will be there.

30-Aug-14
NOPE

31-Aug-14
Fulldraw it would have been a great idea if PY put together a deal for hunters wanting there hunter ed while attending PY .

Golf whos in hahaha ED whats up with the PY golf outings , Makes no sense to have a day of golf when 100percent attend are bow hunters and maybe 10 percent play golf . Get a day of 3d going much more in tune with Bow hunting and PY !!!!

Herm I can pick u and the crew up if u want ?

31-Aug-14
Will be a great time, We will be there.

31-Aug-14
Neva, you were in Denver????

You ok? :)

31-Aug-14
fulldraw1972 and bake in Arizona you do not need hunters safety period let alone a separate archery hunter safety.

31-Aug-14
Ghost. . . You do need it if you want a permanent all-species extra bonus point . . .

Bake

31-Aug-14
Pat any word on a meet and greet !!! I will supply pepperoni !!!!

31-Aug-14
For damn sure we need to get Specific P&Y ONLY Field Class for all the Hunter Ed Group...

There are no dates available currently for the field class.....overlap dates.

Maybe even 2 Field Classes....

Good luck, Robb

31-Aug-14
"Fulldraw it would have been a great idea if PY put together a deal for hunters wanting there hunter ed while attending PY."

That's a great idea and is absolutely doable.

In late June, WSF held our annual Chapters and Affiliates meeting in Scottsdale. Our AZ affiliate, the Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Society, arranged for a special Hunter Ed Field Day so those who wanted to could get their permanent bonus point. About twenty of us attended and got the point.

31-Aug-14
Good Lord willing- my wife & I will be there.

Already got lodging reservations, airline tickets purchased and Grand Canyon Tour planned. I've never seen the Canyon from the ground, always from the air.

McCain is sharing a suite with us while Pat stays at McCain's house.

02-Sep-14
Does anyone by chance know when the convention registration packets will be mailed out?

02-Sep-14
Who is in for golf lol Golf makes no sense all going to this convention hunt and shoot bows!!!! Why not put a fundraiser a 3d shoot together for wounded Warriors ,or another good cause !!! Golf suxs !!!!

02-Sep-14
More than likely be there

02-Sep-14
I plan on attending as well. I agree with Ed, once you go,you never want to miss one.

02-Sep-14
What they said above, gonna try make the show AND try to get in the Hunters Ed class (hopefully bowhunter ed class and kill two birds with one arra) if at all possible.

Seems like we could get something together somehow?

02-Sep-14
More business has been conducted,deals made and profits made on a golf course than has ever been made on a 3D bow range.

02-Sep-14
Maybe

02-Sep-14
Plan on going. Need to pick up some owed beer tabs from Dallas. Hopefully they'll have some fountains to pitch pennies into also.

03-Sep-14
They don't grow much for corn down there. I plan to go however

03-Sep-14
5 points "Maybe" come on dude you are right there! Be there or be square!

City hunter: let the golfers golf!

03-Sep-14
Probably won't make it this time. It will likely be closer to home in 2 more years.

03-Sep-14

03-Sep-14
I am planning on being there. It would be great if we could get the Hunter Ed scheduled as well.

03-Sep-14
I will be there, God willing.

03-Sep-14

trkyslr's embedded Photo
trkyslr's embedded Photo
not to vear away from the topic but depends who you golf with city! ;-)

03-Sep-14
I hope to attend.

03-Sep-14
I will be there.

Chris, I bet you would be playing golf more than hunting if that were your golfing partner. Joe doesn't look that good in a skirt...

03-Sep-14
zack, lol true

03-Sep-14
Joe in a skirt! Thanks Zack!

03-Sep-14
I plan to attend....especially if we are golfing with her;)

Matt

03-Sep-14

Bowme2's embedded Photo
Bowme2's embedded Photo
I love golf!

03-Sep-14
I hear all this bs chatter!!

04-Sep-14
Rick, Can I play in your foursome? I won't even need to bring clubs. You have everything I need in your bag

04-Sep-14

Bowme2's embedded Photo
Bowme2's embedded Photo
Sure thing Zack... You can use my clubs too.

04-Sep-14
Golf.

04-Sep-14
Wouldn't miss it!

05-Sep-14
OK... Here's an update. The Az hunter education field day has not been finalized, but is expected to be soon. I'm gonna bet that this will be real popular so reserve your spot as soon as it is announced. The golf tournament will continue... being that the convention is going to be held at a beautiful golf resort. I was told that there was an archery shoot at a past convention and it wasn't well attended. There are no plans right now for any type of archery shoot for the convention. With that being said... If someone from Az wants to step up to bat and take this on, I'll be the first one to sign up. Get in touch with me if you want to volunteer. I'm really looking forward to this one... Ed F

05-Sep-14
Where will the field day be announced?

Kind of a big trip for me.... want to make sure to make the most of it.... =D

05-Sep-14
I am considering going myself. If I am not mistaken the dates coincide with opening day of spring turkey in KY. My daughter may have something to say about that. I would hope to come and bring my whole family. Phoenix would never be the same. :)

05-Sep-14
Bowfreak,

I'm told to expect heavy rain in the desert if you attend?

Hope to see you there anyway!

Paul

05-Sep-14

05-Sep-14
Bowfreak... You go once you'll go forever. I went to my first in 2013 in Dallas. Good times for sure!

The thing my wife and I liked about it the most was that you are around other people who share your same passion. Even if I didn't have animals that qualify or ones I've entered I would still go. It's just fun to be around other like minded individuals. My wife and I are both looking forward to it!

Pat... Recommendation for the bowsite get together.... Name tags! With Handle and name. Funny how you can get amongst other bowhunters and everyone locks up. Looking back to Dallas... I would've liked to have had some sit down conversations with Ned Greer and Forrest Keith. Hanging out (not literally) and listening to Jaquomo's (Lou) stories was one of my highlights.

Look forward to it!

05-Sep-14
Mark,

Put off turkey hunting for a week and bring your daughter to the P&Y Convention.

Since your daughter loves to hunt, she'll the convention. Talk about a great win-win situation !!

05-Sep-14

pav's embedded Photo
pav's embedded Photo
To explain, this is Bowfreak in SW Wyoming last fall. Copied the photo from BB's 2013 pronghorn thread.

05-Sep-14
They tell me that Ned is a corn expert.

05-Sep-14
Great work Ed thanks !!!

05-Sep-14
Um, heavy rain in Phoenix Arizona? I live here and they think 1/4 inch is heavy rain, and only happens 2-3 times a year in the Phoenix area. Don't worry about rain here. The higher elevations are, of course, a different story.

Anyone know how we get tickets to this P&Y thing? I'd like to go, never been to one.

05-Sep-14

BOWUNTR's Link
Click on the link, scroll down and you'll see the flyer... Ed F

05-Sep-14
Thanks Ed.

06-Sep-14
Ed, do you think the hunter ed day will be the 14th or the 18th?

06-Sep-14
I was told it would likely be a half day class starting the morning of either the 15th or 16th. Not set in stone yet...but looks like it will happen.

06-Sep-14

Bowfreak's MOBILE embedded Photo
Bowfreak's MOBILE embedded Photo

Gambyt,

I have the propensity to bring monsoons.

PAV,

Maybe it was actually your fault. If I am not mistaken you were going after your moose at the same time. But then again....maybe not. You weren't in WY on the second trip I took when it poured the rain then.

I would really love to go. Bowhunting is my passion and I live to interact with like minded folks.

Here is a pic this morning from a ladderstand in KY. First deer hunt for my daughter. This is the perfect example of sharing the passion.

07-Sep-14
We will be there, Were looking at putting together a Gould's Mexico hunt the days following if anyone is interested.

07-Sep-14
What is standard protocol as far as arriving and staying and what is to be expected on each day?

For instance...does one arrive on the 15th or does everything start first thing in the morning on the 15th?

07-Sep-14
I'll be going, my first P&Y event. TD, I hope we can get together, have not seen you since our bear hunt in New Brunswick. Charlie Rehor, I owe you a beer, thank you for the info you gave me on some outfitters after we met at the Werner Ranch a few years ago on our Pronghorn hunt, I had a blast. Looking forward to meeting some fellow Bowsiters in Phoenix.

07-Sep-14
Excellent! It will be a blast! Perhaps some new World Record's will be on display there? Thx C

07-Sep-14
We're gonna need some way for all the bowsiters to hook up, right?

08-Sep-14
I am sure that the emperor will plan a bowsiter get together. It is always a great time.

08-Sep-14
Just booked my room. This will be my first P&Y convention. I look forward to it!

08-Sep-14
I'll be there for the convention. Will be there for the panel as well. Good times catching up with old friends (I'm not implying you're "old", Charlie). :)

10-Sep-14
See y'all there. Just joined. Something I've been meaning to do for a while

10-Sep-14
I'll be there. Have my room reserved.

Wap

10-Sep-14
"I am sure that the emperor will plan a bowsiter get together. It is always a great time. Mad trapper"

"The Emperor" Hahahahahahahaha should we call him NAPOLEON for short? Lol

10-Sep-14
FM,

You'd call him Napoleon because he IS short.....

We have a child's seat for Pat that we have strapped into the truck when hunting in Kansas. Safety first.....

10-Sep-14
I plan on being there but since I live here near Phoenix I'm not going to stay at the resort.

10-Sep-14
Thanks Mike....I just cracked up!

10-Sep-14
Good for you Will! It looks like a big turn out! Wait until the see the Bjg Game Display which is the top five animals for all species taken in the last two years! STUNNING!

10-Sep-14
If Pat is supplying the beer, I don't want to be drinking from the same cooler as Mike and Jake...

10-Sep-14
Man, I wish I could go. It sounds like a lot of fun!

10-Sep-14
Pav,

Pat can take it as well as dish it out....but I will probably bring my own drink!!

10-Sep-14
It's been years since I drank a beer, now diet coke I can hurt ya! Although I have developed a taste for cheap wine here lately. I had one rum runner while in the keys on vacation in July and felt loopy! I'm a serious light weight when it comes to alcohol. I guess I like being in control of me, although over the years I have had a little fun with my drunk friends....lol. Mike

11-Sep-14
Here's another update: The hunter education class is still in the works and will be finalized soon. We need everyone to be patient with this. Apparently there's a few guys who are antsy and have been calling Az Fish and Game demanding to be on the P&Y hunters safety list. Az F&G doesn't like this... This class is being organized by the P&Y Club and is in conjunction with the convention. The sign ups will be going through the P&Y office. Please be patient... I promise to post it here as soon as it is finalized. Thanks guys, Ed F

11-Sep-14
So in other words.....CHILL OUT boys and let the planning committee do their job. This isn't their first rodeo. :)

12-Sep-14
To you guys "in the know", Bowfreak asked "What is standard protocol as far as arriving and staying and what is to be expected on each day? For instance...does one arrive on the 15th or does everything start first thing in the morning on the 15th?" I am planning on attending too and am wondering about when to arrive? I attended the Lancaster PA Convention but worked security shifts while I was there and don't quite remember how the schedule was set up. Does anyone have a schedule of events? My buddy and I were planning on flying in on the 15th but I don't want to miss anything. Thanks for the help.

12-Sep-14
I will be there. This will only my 5th time attending the convention but have really enjoyed them all! I will be golfing and also taking in every event possible! Meet and greet is always a highlight.

17-Sep-14

Buffalo1's Link
Future potential P & Y bear may be showing up at the 2015 P&Y Golf Tournament. Bears like to hang out on golf courses too.

15-Dec-14
Talked with P&Y Office last Friday- they hope to have registration packets out to members in about 10 days (approx. 12/22).

15-Dec-14

16-Dec-14
I'll be there Thursday morning through Sunday. Have the room booked.

I have a question. Would you guys recommend bringing a girlfriend that is not at all into hunting? She's not an anti by any means, just not into it. So for you guys that have brought a non hunting significant other, how did it work out?

I brought a gf to the 2011 convention but she was a huge into hunting. So I'm in uncharted waters here.

Thanks and looking forward to meeting a lot of you.

16-Dec-14
Bring the 2011 girlfriend as well! They'll have a blast seeing the Big Game Display:)

Kidding aside since you went to the 2011 convention what do you think??

16-Dec-14
Can anyone here help me get set up with the Club membership? Since I'm not already a member I don't have any of the scoop about the Convention. I have some questions regarding the application also.

Hoping to get in on the fun!

16-Dec-14
My wife doesn't hunt...and she is planning to attend.

Think we're going to make a week of it and take in some Arizona scenery.

16-Dec-14
Go to www.pope-young.or and click Join in the top banner. Complete registration and pay dues.

16-Dec-14
.org dang auto correct; )

16-Dec-14
so do they decide where the next years convention will be during the current convention? I cant find anything about the 2016 convention online

michael

16-Dec-14

16-Dec-14
ahh, an every 2 years thing. didn't know that. Thanks Dan

michael

16-Dec-14
"Bring the 2011 girlfriend as well! They'll have a blast seeing the Big Game Display:) "

Haha! That would work out well, I'm sure Charlie.

16-Dec-14
You folks that have rooms already, does P&Y get a special rate for rooms? Do I have to wait for the packet to get here for any special rates? What exactly is in "the packet"?

Bought the airline tickets. coming in late tues night, leaving sat. afternoon.

I might also buy tickets to watch the 2011 vs 2015 girlfriend match....

16-Dec-14

mountainman's Link
TD- There is a special rate. Link attached.

And if folks are going to buy tickets to the girlfriend match, maybe I can talk them into it!

16-Dec-14

mountainman's Link
You can also register online now. Link attached. *edit* This link no longer works. I think they unintentionally had it live while they were updating it with the 2015 info.

16-Dec-14
Thanks, the Hilton link was very helpful.

The P&Y link says 2015 Convention, but when you scroll down and look at the items to buy tickets for, etc. it is all Dallas and 2013 dates?

16-Dec-14
I emailed them about that. I'm going to wait until it's fixed before I register in case there are any issues.

29-Dec-14
I will be attending for the first time

29-Dec-14
As luck would have it, I am flying into Phoenix on the 15th to hunt over at White Mountain Apache. I have not been a member of P&Y for a couple of years, but might like to bring my son by to see what it is all about. Can a non member gain entry, and is there a schedule of events?

29-Dec-14

mountainman's Link
Perote- Link has the info you need.

As far as a non member attending, there is a place on the registration where you mark if you are a member or not so you should be fine either way.

29-Dec-14
Thanks so much. If we finish up early we may try to stop by and at least see the animals on exhibit.

30-Dec-14

loesshillsarcher's embedded Photo
Cant wait to hang out with some of these jokers again

30-Dec-14

Is the Madtrapper wearing his convention crocs??

• Sitka Gear