jmiller 30-Aug-14
sbschindler 30-Aug-14
NoWiser 30-Aug-14
Ibow 30-Aug-14
Bou'bound 30-Aug-14
Screwball 30-Aug-14
gblevins525 31-Aug-14
30-Aug-14
Next year is my wife and I's 10 year wedding anniversary. On our honeymoon we went to Ontario to fish, and for this anniversary want to go on a fall bear hunt/fishing trip. I will be using a bow and she either a rifle or shotgun. Since we live in SE ND, we would like to go to NW Ontario for ease of travel. Any ideas on outfitters that offer good bear hunting and fishing in the Lake of the Woods area of Ontario, or anywhere in the NW part of the province? I've hunted bear twice in MN and have never touched my bow, so I'd like to get a good chance at a decent bear. My wife has never killed a big game animal, and will shoot just about any size bear.

30-Aug-14

sbschindler's Link
Howey Bay will treat you right.

30-Aug-14
Check out Gateway North Outfitters for sure. Lucas has an excellent success rates for his bear hunters with some big ones, too. He has very good walleye, smallmouth, and crappie fishing on the lake he bases his hunts out of. If you tag out early and his Pipestone Lake Outpost is open, it's worth the boat trip to go up there for a few days to fish for big walleyes, lake trout, muskies, pikes, and smallmouth!

30-Aug-14
This one is not quite NW Ontario but top notch: http://www.northriveroutfitters.com

Another good one: http://www.pineacresbearcamp.ca/bear.html

30-Aug-14
Give Chris a call at Pine acres out of Vermilion Bay

30-Aug-14
Ditto, Bou, Pine Acres Vermilion Bay, I know people were upset with Ontario due to the spring hunt cancellation, but since then fewer bear hunting camps most fish so bigger bears and way more of them.

31-Aug-14
Pine acres just got back got a 325 pound male and eight other bears that week. I think everyone saw bears. Let me know if you have any questions.

• Sitka Gear