fisherick 31-Aug-14
moosenelson 31-Aug-14
VogieMN 31-Aug-14
DL 01-Sep-14
drycreek 01-Sep-14
Medicinemann 01-Sep-14
Pat C. 01-Sep-14
30-Aug-14
So here's my question. I've read countless times that you should put on your hunting clothes when you get to your stand because of scent control. I wear braces on my legs, so taking off and putting on shoes/boots can be challenging, especially in the dark.

Has anyone modified their hunting pants so they can unzip or unsnap up the side, so you can put them on with your boots on?

31-Aug-14
whether or not someone has does not matter you certainly can. Also some of the top end gear comes with that feature, but it more oftern than not the rain gear vs. the standard wear stuff. I would use zippers not snaps.

31-Aug-14
Sounds like a good idea. I'm sure you can find a sewing shop that will do that for you, I know we have several around here.

31-Aug-14
I have camo insulated coveralls that have leg zippers that go to the hips. I think they are Walls. Cabelas has similar coveralls.

31-Aug-14
I've taken my sitka and other hunting gear to a Taylor who modified them for $20. Ez , fast n cheap.

31-Aug-14
Thanks for the feedback, I was interested in people who had made the adjustments and what they did. I agree with using zippers not snaps.

01-Sep-14
Most dry cleaners do alterations.

01-Sep-14
DL X 2 . I've had broken zippers replaced at a dry cleaners. Should be able to put 'em in also.

01-Sep-14
Zippers on the legs.....some I have had to modify....some came with zippers already sewn in.

01-Sep-14
The price will depend on the zipper. I talked to my neighbor lady who has an alteration shop and on my work bib's it was $60.00. zippers were $15.00 a piece.

• Sitka Gear