Slickster 01-Sep-14
BULELK1 01-Sep-14
woodsy 02-Sep-14
Slickster 02-Sep-14
BULELK1 02-Sep-14
RAB 09-Sep-14
RAB 31-Oct-14
31-Aug-14
Couple of questions for those who have done this hunt. Is there camp sights in the area, on the mountain? Any recommendations on motels? Thanks in advance.

01-Sep-14
There are plenty of places to camp on the mountain. Most people will camp by the spring. There is a lot of room there and access to the peak is also good from there. The drive from Mantua takes so long and is such a pain that you probably won't want to stay in a hotel and have to drive in and out every day.

Willard is a different goat hunt than most. There is easy access to the peaks (I saw a Geo Metro at the end of the road the year I was there) and there will be a lot of hunters. There are more than enough goats to go around though.

Robb knows a lot more about the hunt than I do. He helped me out a lot so hopefully he'll have time to chime in.

01-Sep-14
Awesome, thanks!

01-Sep-14
Hey Tony,

What tag do ya have if ya do not mind me asking you?

Billy or Nannie dates is my most interest.

Do Ya know David Wood there in Indiana?

'woody' is his bow site handle---

Dave would certainly be of value for his on the mountain experience.

My September is buried with bow elk/Wyo 7th--12th, then back at it 15th--19th.... and bow Sheep/Ewe Montana hunt 25th------

Plus my Mrs. Deploys to Kabul, Afghanistan on the 14th...toss in that Saturday 13th Family get together before she leaves---

Thanks for reaching out--I will do my very best for you to Harvest!

Good luck, Robb

02-Sep-14
Sent you a private message Tony.

Dave

02-Sep-14
I drew a nanny tag hunt starts 9/29.

02-Sep-14
Dang Tony I most prolly will still be in Montana as I leave the 25th....

Toss me an Email and I will get ya the most intel I can, I am thinking you are only coming out for the hunt--not any scouting trip?

[email protected]

Good luck, Robb

09-Sep-14
I'm going to be gone until the 5th of October or I'd offer to come down and help out. The good thing about Willard is that there are a lot of goats and the whole area they hang out in is only a few square miles. I shot my goat on the 9th of October and I'm pretty sure I was the last goat hunter on the mountain that year. It seemed like the goats had calmed down by then and were moving back up out of the cliffs. I liked to hunt to the north because it seemed like fewer hunters were hunting that area. Unless things have changed from two years ago, you should see lots of goats. The weather and the cliffs will be the two things to watch out for. Drop me a PM if you need any info or help.

31-Oct-14
Slickster,

How was the hunt?

• Sitka Gear