Bentstick81 04-Sep-14
Boothill 04-Sep-14
Z Barebow 05-Sep-14
Bentstick81 05-Sep-14
Boothill 05-Sep-14
mtoomey 05-Sep-14
Boothill 06-Sep-14
31-Aug-14
Does or has anyone shot a Hoyt Tribute? Was interested in getting one, but would like as much info as i can get. Does hoyt have a test drive for their bows? Lot of money for a bow that i haven't shot to see if i like it or not. Thanks

01-Sep-14
I have not shot it. One reason Ive not pursued it any further. the problem with this bow is that the only option for a cam is the wheelie they put on it. good for some, but just no choice if you want something different. Id leave the Hoyt at Hoyt and put the $ into a Conquest 4 or a Freak if you want a longer a to a bow. Either of these have more to offer than the Hoyt unless you love the wheelie, then go for it.....

01-Sep-14
Great bow. I have a long draw length,and shoot with fingers. That is what this bow is built for: long ata, wheels, brace height, let off. I'm shooting well out to 60 yards with it.

01-Sep-14

60X Strings's Link
This is a great finger shooter's bow. That's something that's tough to find today.

02-Sep-14
mtoomey....how do you find the arrow cast with this bow? are the wheelies lacking or not in moving a heavy arrow?....400 gpi plus.

02-Sep-14
I started bow hunting in 1987. Compounds were not fast then. In 1994 I switched mostly to traditional archery: fast recurves, long bows, reflex deflex bows, self bows. Those bows were slower yet. In 2006 I switched back to compounds when family life and work hindered my ability to practice every day. When I made the switch back I bought a used Reflex Caribou. It shot similar to the Hoyt Tribute, but the Tribute's wheels make for a lot of adjustment. It's a better bow.

As far as speed it's fast enough. I shoot Easton Axis arrows, 340 spine, with 125 grain broad heads. That makes for a calculated weight of approximately 450 grain arrow. I'm drawing about 65 lbs.Now I haven't put the bow through a chrono, but it casts those arrows well. My first pin is good to 22 yards. My fifth pin is good at 60 yards. I use the entire vertical adjustment on my sight for those five pins. Its not a speed demon, but it's an accurate finger bow.

Last year I shot five deer with it.

Mike

02-Sep-14
I started bow hunting in 1987. Compounds were not fast then. In 1994 I switched mostly to traditional archery: fast recurves, long bows, reflex deflex bows, self bows. Those bows were slower yet. In 2006 I switched back to compounds when family life and work hindered my ability to practice every day. When I made the switch back I bought a used Reflex Caribou. It shot similar to the Hoyt Tribute, but the Tribute's wheels make for a lot of adjustment. It's a better bow.

As far as speed it's fast enough. I shoot Easton Axis arrows, 340 spine, with 125 grain broad heads. That makes for a calculated weight of approximately 450 grain arrow. I'm drawing about 65 lbs.Now I haven't put the bow through a chrono, but it casts those arrows well. My first pin is good to 22 yards. My fifth pin is good at 60 yards. I use the entire vertical adjustment on my sight for those five pins. Its not a speed demon, but it's an accurate finger bow.

Last year I shot five deer with it.

Mike

03-Sep-14
Mike that's an impressive stat for one year. speed is certainly not the most important thing.....at all....wonder how it would shoot 3 under?

04-Sep-14
Chuck Adams seems to like it.

04-Sep-14
Boothill

From what I have witnessed, the biggest issue with shooting 3 under and sights is the vertical position of sights on sight bar. They are skewed. (I don't remember which way, I think low.)

I shoot 3 under but what do I know, sights block my view!

I have owned several of Hoyt's "finger bows" over the years. Hoyt Pro Vantage-Fast Flight, Aspen, and now I own the Vantage with Cam & 1/2. First two had wheels/e-wheels. Liked them all.

I still consider bowhunting a close range sport. Getting close is what gives me joy. A Tribute would be a joy to shoot.

04-Sep-14
A buddy of mine shot through the scapula and down through a whitetail last fall shooting a Reflex Caribou (which is similar I think) and 2317 aluminum arrows. He's deadly with it. Deer didn't go far.

04-Sep-14
Z, I couldn't agree more and would shoot the bow w/ no sights. as I get older, holding too much weight on trad bows gives me trouble and this may be a solution.....I just cant shoot split.

04-Sep-14
Boothill, that is the way i shoot, no sights. I had to give up traditional due to a finger issue with my pulling hand. I was looking at a 40#-50# Tribute.

04-Sep-14
me exactly bentstick.....appreciate the input......thank you!

05-Sep-14
Boot and Bent- Although I have never shot traditional, I have shot barebow for over 30 years. And all of my previous compounds maxed out at 70 lbs. My Vantage I bought specifically for a 60 lb max. I have no regrets.

I generally can see my arrow while flying and I love the connection/feel. It is also an effective hunting approach.

If native Americans had our modern bows, we might be the ones on the reservations!

05-Sep-14
The problem that i have is finding bows in the 40#-50# range. I find bows, not a Tribute, but they are all higher poundage. I talked to Hoyt, and they don't have any test drives with their bows. I don't think any bow shop will get a 40#-50# tribute, just for me to try. I just hate to order one, and then not like it.

05-Sep-14
my problem exactly and hence the one cam, one design, like it or leave it thing. Id probably like it, but what if I don't.....1000 bucks is a lot to spend. I guess some things are just a chance sometimes, but thanks all for the input, much appreciated!!!

05-Sep-14
So the three under release had me wondering. I normally shoot my tribute with a split finger tab. But I thought an experiment was in order.

I wasn't going to retune my bow for three under, but to get a general feel of it could be done. I put on my glove a used the same nock point.

The result was a change in point of impact. This I expected. At ten yards the arrows went 6-8 in lower.

They did group OK.

The feel of the shot was a bit "kicky."

With the rest I use, timber doodle II, I have some room to move the nock point up the string. I would assume that would help. It would also help,I think, to use a three under tab.

Any way, that's what I tried tonight.

06-Sep-14
my recurves like 7/8" nock height for 3 under and I guess that would be echoed on the hoyt. it would be a bit kicky as recurves are a bit louder with 3 under release as well. guess wheels don't change physics:)

• Sitka Gear