Toby 19-Sep-14
nmarchr 19-Sep-14
Ken 19-Sep-14
Buglemup 19-Sep-14
BO-N-ARO 19-Sep-14
Bou'bound 21-Sep-14
Toby 23-Sep-14
02-Sep-14
I will be hunting in Te3xas for nilgai and Auoddad ram, I am planning to use rage broadheads for first time, never hunted before with them, do you recommend them or still with my current broadheads?

02-Sep-14
Good luck I leave Sept 16 for my Nalgai hunt cant wait, Im shooting Montec 125 so cant help, But Nalgai are one big tough animal I wish you good luck.

02-Sep-14
I can't speak for nilgai, but I can relate our experience with them on hogs . We prefer that our guests use fixed blade, cut-to-tip broad heads , but recently started allowing the use of mechanicals. Mom all of the mechanicals used on our ranch, we've seen far more wounding losses with the Rage broad head than with any other. Our experience has been the same on various exotic ram species as well.

Just out of curiosity, why are you considering using them for the first time on nilgai and aoudad? I personalky would stick to something with a better track record.

-Cheryl, Shiloh Ranch Hunting Camo

02-Sep-14
BAD choice. IMO

02-Sep-14
Hard to stick with Debate Free?

My question, why change BHs for this hunt? Experiment with new heads on thin-skinned whitetails or feral hogs that you aren't as concerned about losing.

Use heads YOU know you can rely on when you're going after a new species...

02-Sep-14
Not a chance.....

Quality fixed head.

02-Sep-14
Toby,

I would suggest you PM Bigpizzaman or Clutch. They p have probably killed as many nilgai as anyone I know with a bow. I would greatly value their input.

03-Sep-14
Thanks Greg. I will send a mail to Tim and ask about it I had hunt almost my entire life with Muzzy or thunderheads and they work very good, but this package of Rage its a gift from my wife and she ask me to use them. Perhaps I will use them with a pecari or something less tough that nilgai or aouddad.

03-Sep-14
I consider the rage suitable for small game only, and your muzzy's are far superior for any larger game. Of course - Tom Miranda, Tim Wells, and many accomplished hunters on Bowsite swear by the Rage... They are best at marketing, but having seen their inherent design flaws with real-life experience of failure, IMHO - go with something else. Since this is debate free, that was very constructive and positive (very positive about your muzzy especially)

03-Sep-14
Wouldn't be my first choice on that sized animal. I've killed deer with Rage heads before so I am not a basher compared to others that seem to comment and have never used one. I'd like to see you put one down with one just to prove that any broadhead put in the right place will do the trick. Good luck on your hunt with whatever you decide. Oh and remember, Happy Wife...Happy Life

03-Sep-14
It's all about shot placement-- I killed several with rages n fix blades--being a first timer with Nilgai n rage, I would suggest a fix 100gr head -- very tough animal that has a will to live-- arrow weight 385 gr give or take-- kill zone low n forward of the crease just a bit--more alert then whitetail-- not always a great bleeder due the thick hide--remember "shot placement"--

03-Sep-14
Good luck with your hunt n post pics upon return--

04-Sep-14
Oh it's NILGAI!

I read it too fast and thought it was ILLEGAL!

Texas would be a good place either way!

Nevermind......... ; - )

19-Sep-14
I did not have a chance to prove it no nilgai came to my blind!!! i shoot an Addax and the rage did an outstanding job. A lot a blood, easy track to fallow. i will try in a few months again for a nilgai !!!

19-Sep-14
I would use rage without hesitation, more specifically the hypodermic. I have killed a couple of bull elk with rages and never had an issue.

19-Sep-14
Use your Muzzy 100s.

Tell your wife you used the Rages.

Problem solved.

19-Sep-14
I have killed 3 elk in the last 3 years with rage 3 blade broadheads and the longest tracking job I have had is 55 yards. Use the rages you won't regret it.

19-Sep-14
With a perfect shot placement the Rage would be OK, BUT..... the Nilgai is a thick skinned heavy muscled critter. I would suggest a fixed blade cut on contact head like a G5 Montec.

21-Sep-14
I bet if you bought you wife a dress that she did not think made her look good, was not appropriate for the intended purpose, and was not what she wanted she would give you a kiss, thank you kindly for the thought, ask for the receipt, and return it for something that she was confident in using.

you may want to do the same.

23-Sep-14
Very good simil Grant !!! LOL

• Sitka Gear