pirogue 18-Sep-14
Arrowflinger 18-Sep-14
x-man 19-Sep-14
Nick Muche 19-Sep-14
x-man 19-Sep-14
Arrowflinger 20-Sep-14
x-man 20-Sep-14
14-Sep-14
I am trying to tune a new compound. It is a Mathews Creed xs. I am trying to set it up with a Whisker Bisket and I have never set this kind of rest before. I have been tryimg to paper tune. I got the tail left and right in ok. But I kept getting a tail high tear in the paper. I think the arrow is supposed to be level in the rest but it looks a little down hill when I nock an arrow. In other words the nock end is a little lower then the arrow sitting on the rest. It looks good through paper now, sometimes a bullet hole, sometimes still shows to be nock high just a little. But I also had to move my sights way up. Which is understandable after moving the nock point down so low. My question is. Is the arrow suppose to be level from rest to nock point with the WB. Or slightly lower at nock point while sitting in the rest? I hope my question is understandable. Thanks.

14-Sep-14
The two bows I have set up with whisker bisquits have the nock end slightly higher than the front end to achieve my best arrow flight. Some expert paper tuners may be able to offer you further advice.

14-Sep-14
Thanks, I shot feild points and broadheads together at 20 yards, I was running out of light. The thunderhead shot real close to my feild point. Maybe a little low. The 2 blade stinger shot a few inches low. Would it correct that if I brought my nock point up a little?

14-Sep-14
dont be afraid to do the opposite tune with a WB. Try it out...you may be surprised.

14-Sep-14
You will find that it takes the opposite direction when moving the rest to get the arrow to do what you want. For whatever reason, the WB behaves differently than other rests. But it is certainly tune able.

14-Sep-14
down,1/32"

14-Sep-14
What grunt-n-gobble said,WB is the best hunting rest there is .Use it for 3D in the bowhunter class all season.Make shure you have enough spine.

15-Sep-14
Mine is slightly nock high. I shot field points and broadheads at 50 yards and made the adjustments till they hit the same place.

15-Sep-14
Who knew there were so many ways to spell "biscuit" ;)

15-Sep-14
Kyle...wait until TBM gives his version!!

16-Sep-14
99% of the hundreds of WB rests that I sold and set up ended up level to 1/8" nock high when I was finished tuning. You might be in that 1%, but I suspect some cam timing issues at fault causing uneven forward vertical nock travel.

What make, model bow are you shooting?

16-Sep-14
Actually the buskit is a Chinese knock off. :)

16-Sep-14
My UltraTec liked the WB 1/16" low. Cam timing perfect. RHs out to 50yd.

I haven't shot it in 6 years, or so. Still waiting for my 1st recurve RH.

-Joe

16-Sep-14
I have them on 5 bows. All slightly nock high.

I'd lower the rest.

17-Sep-14
Personally, The only time I used a whisker biscuit was when I got my first bow at 10 years old. My best advice is to try out a limb driver rest. The actually whiskers in the WB can effect arrow flight and even slow down your bow. Either way, good luck with the tuning and adjusting.

17-Sep-14
Nock should be at least 1/8 inch high. When I set up the bow I always checked the cam lean. This will cause problems with tuning. With the cam lean set correctly. Install the WB and set nock high 1/8 inch to start. Should only take a few minor adjustments to tune. I usually have them set up in four shots or less. Any rest will effect arrow flight whether in a positive or negative manner. As far as speed goes, I have seen a 2-4 fps reduction in speed and on my last two bows, I had zero reduction in speed.

18-Sep-14
1/8 inch nock high

18-Sep-14
You can' t properly tune a bow with a whisker biscuit. The arrow is forced on a predetermined path because of the circumferential contact of the pipe theory of the WB. Now with a drop a way, you can tune your equipment for max efficiency

18-Sep-14
My bow is a Mathews Creed XS. I don't think it is a timing issue. The man at the pro shop where I bought my bow said the arrow should be level from rest to nock point. But at that I got a tail high tear in the paper. After moving it down I only get a slight tear high. I don't have a string loop on my string. I use a three finger release with a rope. I have brass insert on my string. Will tie in a nock point once I get good arrow flight. Been shooting this type set up for a long time. My last bow was very accurate using this type set up and a TM Hunter rest.

19-Sep-14
Ahaa, now I know why. The way you nock your arrow and attach your release has everything to do with your dilemma. The WB rest does not have the spring tension that your TM hunter did. You MUST use a loop with a WB rest in order to get optimum flight.

Either put a loop on, or go back to your TM Hunter rest. You can still use your release, just remove the rope.

19-Sep-14
So a guy shooting fingers will not get good flight with a WB?

What rest would be good for a finger shooter? My dad is having issues with his setup and I now think its because he's shooting a WB with fingers...

19-Sep-14
I know guys who have shot a WB with fingers, but they added a cushion plunger for side support. Those black bristle don't give at all, but the brown ones are too soft for most guy's finger release.

It's not that one "couldn't" make a WB work with shooting off the string, but it sure makes it tough with the added down force the arrow has on launch.

20-Sep-14
Thanks Rob. I have been thinking about taking my TM Hunter off my old bow and try it on my new one anyway.That set up on my old bow with the TM Hunter was very forgiving and I hunted for many years with that set up. I never had to re tune or mess with it. The only thing was I had to shoot feathers on my arrows because I could never get vanes to go through the rest and shoot well with broadheads. But with feathers I could get great arrow flight and shoot just about any broadhead I wanted. If I take the rope off my release and use a loop, it takes longer for my release to go off being it is a back tension release. With the rope it usually takes 3 to 5 seconds, and that is about right for a hunting shot. It has worked very well for me for hunting.

20-Sep-14
I hear ya.

I made the switch just before the turn of the century. Using a two finger hinge with a rope, I switched to a loop and it took me a whole summer to get confident with it. Even then I couldn't hunt with it. My old hinge did not swivel, so I was torqueing the loop and I struggled with off-balance shots. That's when I made the switch to a wrist strap for hunting(for a few years), and now use a thumb T handle.

I really like what the WB rest has to offer, but it requires straight, forward nock travel throughout the launch or you get "rebounding" inside the hole. That rebounding can cause a guy to chase his tail tuning.

• Sitka Gear