Pyrannah 17-Sep-14
stagetek 18-Sep-14
Kevin 18-Sep-14
Bogey 18-Sep-14
snapcrackpop 18-Sep-14
Bogey 18-Sep-14
BO-N-ARO 19-Sep-14
15-Sep-14
I've been looking lonewolf climbers, no sure of the models, I want the lightest hand climber av, and the lightest platform they offer, whats it called, whats it weigh? how much will it set me back, any complaints?

16-Sep-14
It's the hand climber and it's roughly 400 new. Check craigslist , you can find them on there for 150 to 250 d's ace afew bucks.

16-Sep-14
I really like my hand climber and all the other LWs I own. My only complaint is the seat could be much more comfortable. I deal with it but will be making a few mods to mine once I figure out the best route.

16-Sep-14
I too hated my seat on the LW sit and climb. I took it off and replaced with the hazmore seat. It may not be the best option but it's light and better than what I had. Good luck

DJ

16-Sep-14
I second Nick and Straight Shooter. I love everything about my lone wolf hand climber except the seat.

16-Sep-14
Love it. it gets the job done.

16-Sep-14
I wish Summit would use the belt instead of the cable, but the seat is awesome.

16-Sep-14
check out (timber tall) lighter safer 12# for a sit and climb can level as you climb great stands

16-Sep-14
I am very happy with my Lone Wolf sit and climb. This will be my second year with it. I really don't mind the seat, I stand a lot anyhow. Check out their website, lots of info. I bought mine direct from them and no complaints.

16-Sep-14
Love my Lone Wolf (probably more because of the $$$ I paid for it). It's very light. Folds flat and I put it on over top of my backpack.

But I concur with the comments on the seat. The first thing I did was cut the seat off of it.

16-Sep-14
bogey, what did it cost? not concerned t much about the seat, dont want a sit and climb , only want the flat folding super light, and there lightest hand climber, I can modify it easily. the set may 400$? or so I guess. maybe I should buy just the climber section for now and use the summit platform to take some weight of my back, yea summit needs to copy the belt thing and make one you can adjust or level as you go up

17-Sep-14

Bogey's embedded Photo
Bogey's embedded Photo
I have had mine for about 10 years (maybe more) - it is the "sit and climb" model. The seat was not as nice as the one in the picture here. I prefer to face the tree as I climb, so I can see what is digging into the tree. Plus I always felt like the seat was getting in the way.

I think I paid $350 for it at the time. But it's worth it in my opinion. Right now I see them at Cabela's for $440.

The metal bar on the top portion can flip up and down to any angle - but it's not high enough for a shooting rail for a gun. So while I'm standing in the stand, I like it parallel to the bottom of the stand (makes me feel a little safer). Once I get up, I tie the top to the tree with a rope just to ensure I don't knock it down if I bump it.

I've rigged up my own seat that I stuff in my pack (It's just a piece of 1 x 3 (board) but I don't sit very often anyway.

17-Sep-14

CurveBow's embedded Photo
CurveBow's embedded Photo
I have the opportunity to buy this Lone Wolf stand. Does anyone know what model it is? ALso what would be a good price on it?

Thanks!

>>>>-------->

17-Sep-14
I had a lone wolf climber and sold mine, take a look at Quick & Quite GREAT stand and a lot less money $279.00

17-Sep-14
You can but an upgraded seat cushion from Lonewolf. Used it on mine yesterday and it made a world of difference. Love my hand climber very light and quiet. The padded straps are a good upgrade too.

17-Sep-14
Bogey - the Lone Wolf is made to strap the top section to the bottom section with the straps/clips that hold the stand together when you carry it.

If put up correctly, there is no way that the top section could fall if you bump it. No need to tie off the top section separately.

17-Sep-14
CurveBow - That is the exact stand I have. If it's about 10 years old (mine). I'm not sure how old that one is but it looks like mine.

It looks like it has an extra set of bands.

No idea on price. If it's older, you might be able to get it for a couple hundred.

17-Sep-14
PSUhoss - You're absolutely right. I just never do that (probably more out of ignorance when I first got it). For safety's sake I should connect them. Maybe this year.

I'm trying out a harness too (I had a different safety system but looking to upgrade as I get older).

17-Sep-14
Bogey - The other benefit of connecting them before you climb is that if your feet ever slip out of the bottom section while climbing, it wont fall down to the base of the tree! Not a good situation.

PS - I like the Lone Wolf Harness. Get used to it and use it every time.

17-Sep-14
Thanks Bogey. They're asking $300 for it. On consigment, so likely I can't dicker because the store guy doesn't own it. Looks like extra bands and backpack straps. I'm also hesitant because in recent years I have not used my Loggy Bayou stands, just steps/ladder sticks and hang on stands....

>>>>-------->

17-Sep-14
300 is waaayyyyy too much in my opinion.... I was thinking 150 200 at most....

Good luck

18-Sep-14
I never could climb right with the LW. The seat/climber was too narrow. My forearms just didn't line-up with the climber. Nice stand, if it works for you. I'll stick with my Summit. Easier to climb with and 10X more comfortable.

18-Sep-14
I agree with stagetek. the platform is too narrow for my wide shoulders and super uncomfortable to climb in.

I have mine sitting in my garage I need to make a craigslist ad to sell it.

18-Sep-14
Kevin, You and Sage are probably describing why I cut mine up. If you take the seat off, you can face the tree instead. Climbing is much easier and more comfortable (in my opinion).

You get the top on the tree, and raise it up high. Hook the bottom on the tree and then climb into it. The top should now be at your waist. Hook your feet under the dark metal bar at the back of the stand. Place your hands on the solid bars on the top section and lift yourself up - the bottom comes up too as your feet are under the metal bar. Push your heels downward and the bottom stand will dig into the tree, then you can stand on it. Then repeat the whole process until you get high enough. Coming down is nearly the exact same thing.

Now, as mentioned (for this year) I will tie the 2 pieces together just in case the bottom slips off my boot while climbing up. However I will still tie the top on the tree as you can still bump it (it's really light) and it will fall down to your ankles and clatter onto the platform you're standing on.

My new harness arrives tomorrow. It's supposed to be super light (2 lbs.) and there are buckles to make it easy to get in and out of. The one that came with my Lone Wolf makes me feel dumb as it takes me too long to figure out how to put it on.

18-Sep-14

snapcrackpop's Link
How about the Lone Wolf hand climber for $210.00?

18-Sep-14

Bogey's embedded Photo
Bogey's embedded Photo
I like that too (based on price) but I enjoy the bar coming around me. Kind of like this picture - but it's obviously not the Lone Wolf.

19-Sep-14
I have a Summit Open Shot hand climber. Light weight, quiet and comfortable.

• Sitka Gear