Chris S 19-Sep-14
trkyslr 19-Sep-14
master guide 20-Sep-14
LUNG$HOT 21-Sep-14
Bowfreak 22-Sep-14
tradmt 22-Sep-14
16-Sep-14

No Mercy's Link
I didn't know he was a legend?!! Maybe it's supposed to say "self- proclaimed?" Wow.

16-Sep-14
hard to watch his show... It gets a pass from me..

16-Sep-14
I think I'm going to miss that show....

16-Sep-14
All I will say is that Andy has burned ALOT of bridges in the outdoor industry. I actually find it hard to believe he is still in it.

16-Sep-14
He must have ALOT of money to burn in order to stay in the industry!

16-Sep-14
The guy loves to self promote, and he thinks he's a hunter / slash country music star. I listen to country and I don't believe I have heard his music on the radio.

16-Sep-14
Its his dream, not mine. I think I'll let him live it as he wants.

16-Sep-14
Who is Andy Ross? I legitimately don't know. What show is he on?

16-Sep-14

geneinidaho's Link
See link

16-Sep-14
A "wanna-be" and I do not watch his 'stuff' and I too am surprised he is still in The Industry!

16-Sep-14
Wow.

16-Sep-14
"burned bridges" is a kind understatement...

16-Sep-14
"Who is Andy Ross?" He's the fat out of shape looking wanna be TV hunting star who also thinks he can sing and wears the sleeveless T-shirts, which he probably should have done away with 60 lbs ago...I agree he is very hard to watch and can't believe he still has a show.

16-Sep-14
Who?

16-Sep-14
I will watch because of Tim. Don't like Ross, or Potts. Honestly don't know the other guy. Why not Fred Eichler instead of Ross?

16-Sep-14
Two labels tossed around way to much now: Legend and Hero

16-Sep-14
The only legends I have ever heard about Andy Ross are how much of a legendary dick he is. I have never met the man, but heard enough to put some stock in those stories.

I'll skip him, and his show...

Thanks, Jim

16-Sep-14
"Who is Andy Ross?" he is the epitome of a JACKWAGON

I do believe he is the name behind ROSS bows too?

16-Sep-14
"Just shy" of legendary.

Only people that I have ever known "legend" to be associated with are real toolboxes... -Just sayin'.

16-Sep-14
I don't see where any of those guys consider themselves a legend. Who can help what someone prints about them?

I like all their shows. But really like Ross and Wells the best.

I think you guys are reading too much into it.

Ross sold out regarding Ross compound bows. Now he's into the manufacturing side of Ambush recurves. And wine and music. So what?

16-Sep-14
Hard pass.....Hard pass....

16-Sep-14
This is America. A little scorched earth in your past is easily rectified by just sticking to your sales pitch and putting some more American flags in your marketing.

If you burned too many bridges just wade across the swamp chest deep, holding your latest bow up with face paint on doing your best Arnold face while the camera rolls.

16-Sep-14
Having a hard time with any of those 4 as "legendary"...

16-Sep-14
A friend who worked with Mr. Ross likes to say -

"Will Rogers never met Andy Ross" :-)

"Legends" is a too often used marketing term.

So are things like "awesome," "unbelievable" and phrases like "nothing better than..."

16-Sep-14
Never met or even heard of the guy but I am starting to feel for him. Lots of abuse from the BS crowd. :)

When Michael and Pat jump on the guy, he must be something.

16-Sep-14
What Are you say'in duke?

16-Sep-14
If I don't like the guy, he probably went to Mizzou. :-)

I didn't comment about the guy because I don't know him.

As a journalist/writer, though, over-kill words like those listed drive me nuts.

16-Sep-14
It's a TV show. They used the term "legend" to garner viewers. Shock advertising and it must work as I'm sure some here will tune it just to see what all the flack is about. BTW, there were no bigger self promoters in archery than Fred Bear and Howard Hill. Wonder what their contemporaries thought of them at the time?

16-Sep-14
Legend in his own mind.

16-Sep-14
Minimal google experience is needed to get the background on Andy Ross.

16-Sep-14
If you have to tell people that you are a legend then you obviously are not!

16-Sep-14
If you want to watch another legend in his own mind tune in to ted nugget tonight and watch him hunt elk on a high fence Michigan game farm. There will be some serious whackin and stackin going on

16-Sep-14
For those who are interested Webster's says a legend is "a famous or important person who is known for doing something extremely well".

16-Sep-14
Ok how about somebody just tell us why he is a tool, or how he scorched the earth? I don't care for his show, but just a bit curious what he did to draw the heat here.

16-Sep-14
Bullshooter I can answer your question in two words... shaft envy.

16-Sep-14
Wapiti,

If I may say so myself, I consider my Google abilities to be above average, yet all I was able to find was other people speaking in general about him being as a few here described. Nothing concrete or specific. I'm interested...as well.

16-Sep-14
The guy has been in and out of many "financial" endeavors over the years, from music amplifiers, bow manufacturer (Ross Archery), hunting/outdoor videos and TV show, to guitars. He is a true entrepreneur that love music and bow hunting. Ya, watching him on the tube can rub you the wrong way but I met him a few years ago while hunting in Kansas. He was staying in a cabin across from us and when we met him he was very genuine and friendly. He invited us to a backroom "Party" at the restaurant that evening where several of his friends came in to watch his newest TV hunting show, when he hunted in Africa. That next day he came over and gave us all caps. My buddy has a "special" child, with down's, and Andy was all about him. He gave him his special cap, some DVD's and some Country Music. Not sure if HE labeled himself "Legendary" but could have been the TV producers putting the show together?

16-Sep-14
Not sure where all you came up with him claiming to be a Legend. Every show i've seen he's always seemed very grateful. I never seen any sort of inflated ego or sense of entitlement at all. Just a guy who's having fun and that has been lucky enough to figure out how to make a living doing what he loves to do. Good for him as far as I'm concerned. Not quite sure how someone could beat up on a guys who's passionate about the freedoms and so supportive of the troops who's sacrifices have allowed us to have them.

16-Sep-14
..and the always dependable momentum turns on Bowsite.

if this lasts long enough, someone will trash Mr Ross and then the piling will begin on that side, again.

17-Sep-14
Over the past couple years I find myself passing over the outdoor/ sportsman channels more and more. Its the same stuff: 30 minute show, 12 minutes of hunting, 18 minutes of commercials.

17-Sep-14
"The guy loves to self promote, and he thinks he's a hunter / slash country music star. I listen to country and I don't believe I have heard his music on the radio."

Me too, and come to think of it I ain't heard any country on the radio in at least 30 years! What station you tuned-in to?

17-Sep-14
Thankfully, by the sounds of it, I'm glad I've never heard of the man and I do not like country music and do not have an opinion here.

17-Sep-14
Nick, non payment of federal taxes on sales, non payment to G5 for products and services rendered for Ross Archery product.

Typical archery wannabe practices that I've seen, having spent time in the industry in the 80's and knowing those who still are. He is probably a great guy if you keep money out of the picture.

17-Sep-14
Also-he sponsored a Harley give away through the ATA and stiffed them on that. He's also stiffed every archery magazine for non payment for advertisement.

17-Sep-14
Ross is totally legendary. A legendary clown.

17-Sep-14
Why isn't someone asking who is Kyle Weiter. I know he is not a toad but is he a legend?

17-Sep-14
Hmmmmm....Pat-I wonder which website that could be?

17-Sep-14
I can throw in an outfitter or two that have been stiffed...

17-Sep-14
Pat - Just being honest, I was surprised when he went on the show.

17-Sep-14
"Guys who allow themselves to be labeled "legends" never are."

Thank you Pat

18-Sep-14
All I know is that a short little fat guy shouldn't wear shirts with cut off sleeves acting if he has guns, that's fat Andy and you look like a fool.

18-Sep-14
If having a special thread about oneself with 50+ posts is a qualifier then he is....

18-Sep-14
From reading this he is a LEGEND, just not the kind of legend he may be promoted as. DANNY

18-Sep-14
He is his own parody.

18-Sep-14
Selecting the right program to watch is a challenge , so many quality shows. Andy Ross, Pig Man, Honey Boo Boo. The sponsors should be proud.

18-Sep-14
yeah master....a real parade of morons....lol

18-Sep-14
I have never heard of ross or wieter till this thread. Stan and his "200 class" whitetails, anybody with a half brain realizes that the skill is shooting mature bucks and it's just pure luck if they are "200 class". There are many guys around with more mature bucks than Stan. Tim is a clown and he looks and acts like Ernest T Bass. Ernest is a little smarter though!

19-Sep-14
He's the best just ask him!

19-Sep-14
Since when has a department store owner been labeled as legendary?

20-Sep-14
Saw him take a free range snake on TV , very inspirational .

21-Sep-14
Seriously have never heard of the guy until this thread. Sounds like a douche bag to me.

22-Sep-14
All I know is that he has a 3 legged dog.

22-Sep-14
Never heard of him.

• Sitka Gear