Bou'bound 13-Dec-14
stick slinger 13-Dec-14
Bear Track 14-Dec-14
sbschindler 14-Dec-14
TrapperJack 15-Dec-14
TrapperJack 15-Dec-14
TrapperJack 06-Jan-15
16-Sep-14
Less then a month to go and I will be hunting WMU 4 & 5. How does the population look for those areas. Will be east of Sioux Lookout. Hope the weather is better then it was for guys who hunted in 2013. Any info is appreciated.

17-Sep-14
Seen quite a few moose in wmu #5. Looks better than the past couple of years. Rut should be towards the end of Sept. Next week is suppose to warm up to the 20's. That's celcius.

18-Sep-14
Red Lake got a good frost the other night, good bye bugs Helloo Moose.

18-Sep-14
trapper jack who you hunting with, outfitter?

19-Sep-14
Screwball, My wife and myself are going with Ghost River Lodge out of Sioux Lookout.

19-Sep-14
Trapper you are passing right by my place on your way up about 2 hours south of the border. Hit me up if you need a place to overnight. It's about 6 1/2 hours from my place to Sioux Lookout with stops.

19-Sep-14
Keep us in the loop as to how things go. Have a good friend with a camp in Vermillion Bay. Does not do moose and I would love to do this. good Luck.

19-Sep-14
Thanks CPAhunter for the offer. I live in Central Wisconsin and it is only about a 11-12 hour trip to Sioux Lookout from my place. Besides we are leaving Friday the 10th early and staying overnight in Dryden then on to Sioux Lookout from there as the lodge will be boating us in on noon the 11th (my birthday). Screwball, the lodge has had good success in past years and are only given 3 bull tags so it can be a 2-3 year wait. Hope I can update as the hunt goes on.

19-Sep-14
Geralton got about 8 cm. Red Lake no snow.

19-Sep-14
We had flurries, but none on the ground

20-Sep-14
Have a good trip Trapper. If you want to meet for lunch in Virginia and swap a story or two let me know. The Patricia Inn (PI) in Dryden has decent food. That's usually my meal stop when going to Sioux Lookout.

Bring a spinning rod and some jigs with you. You will be in walleye heaven there.

29-Nov-14
Update?

29-Nov-14
Would sure like to know also?

01-Dec-14
Got hot and the bugs were out in force! Last week of Sept.

08-Dec-14

TrapperJack's embedded Photo
Sorry guys, been out chasing whitetails and work has been keeping me busy. Was an awesome moose hunt. Monday morning on October 13th I scored on a great 47" moose. We boated to a bay that was hidden and I ease down the bank to there he was feeding in the bay at a distance of 250 yards but I had no shot as he was facing me. I waited about 20 minutes when he then turned and offered a broadside shot. First shot hit him and he ran in a tight circle and then the 2nd shot connected and put him down right at the shoreline. Then the real work began as we gutted and quartered the moose on the spot. Wife wants to go back but she insists that she gets the shot at a bull.

08-Dec-14
That's an awesome Ontario bull TrapperJack! Congratulations.

You didn't let her shoot first? huh What happened to ladies first? Still married?

How many days did you hunt before you saw that bull? What else did you see on that hunt?

08-Dec-14
Very nice! Congrats!

Mark

08-Dec-14
Congrats & enjoy!!

I had moose burgers tonite!!!

09-Dec-14
Congrats! How did you find the Outfitter?

10-Dec-14
Thanks Mule Power, Our hunt package was for a bull tag and a calf tag. Linda is new to hunting and wanted to settle just having a crack at a calf. The bull was about 250 off and had to wait him out over 20 minutes to turn. She knew that it would be too difficult of a shot for her so it went to me. Besides I paid for the whole hunt :) Yes we are still married and in fact our 1 year is this coming December 13th. This was the 2nd bull we saw that morning. Prior to that we had a bull on a point but he ducked into the brush when I put a sneak on him and all I saw was a bit of horn and backside. Then we came upon this guy about 9am in the morning. And this was opening day, Monday October 13th. We saw at least one moose per day after that. Hunted early morning, fished for lunch and then hunted till dark. Was a blast. There were 2 other groups of 2 hunters in camp and each scored a bull as well. A nice 53" but horns were not as thick as mine and a spike. We never got close enough to a calf to take one but we had enough meat from the bull. Charlie, we found the outfitter because we have fished at their camp several times over the years and each year they have just about 100% success on moose. He is only limited to 3 bull tags right now. Will do it again for sure!

10-Dec-14
Congratulations on the great hunt & moose!

>>>>-------->

10-Dec-14
very nice bull

10-Dec-14
Way to go. What would you give the odds to bowhunting that area?

CJ

13-Dec-14
CJ, the odds of bowhunting in that area are pretty slim. They seem to only do the rifle hunts because the camp is still open to fishing until mid-september then they leave for a week of so and come back for the gun hunt. Never heard of them taking on a bowhunter.

13-Dec-14
Hey.... it's the 13th: Happy anniversary!

13-Dec-14
Nice trophy regardless of weapon

13-Dec-14
My understanding is that Ontario camps can trade their moose gun tags in for archery tags 2 for 1. If the outfitter had two archers who wanted tags I bet he would be happy to work with them. Might be worth asking

14-Dec-14
I agree, nice bull! I have not shot one for 2 years and envious of you and your lady.

14-Dec-14
moose tags are being cut drastically in Ontario, in some cases its not justified, the roaded area's the harvest rate is climbing and the fly in area success remains the same but all are cut,

15-Dec-14

Thanks Mule Power. Celebrated our anniversary by taking the wife out hunting as Wisconsin has a 4-day doe hunt this past weekend. So on the 13th she took a nice doe off our land. To say the least our freezers are pretty full. A moose, a bear and now a deer.

15-Dec-14
Your correct sbschindler, tags are being cut all across Ontario. Our lodge owner had for some years received 3 bull tags but this year prior to our hunt he had not received word of what his tag allotment for 2015 would be. That is strange to him since he has hunters wondering if they will hunt in 2015. He use to years ago have 10-12 bull tags a year and it is going down. He said if it goes to 1-2 he might stop as he can make more with a group of 6 fishing then a group of 2 moose hunting.

06-Jan-15
Anyone planning a 2015 Ontario moose hunt?

• Sitka Gear