JLS 17-Sep-14
pirogue 18-Sep-14
sbschindler 18-Sep-14
snapcrackpop 18-Sep-14
JLS 18-Sep-14
sbschindler 19-Sep-14
AndyJ 19-Sep-14
17-Sep-14
Have a new pair of Salomon Quests that I want to upgrade the footbed in, the one they come with is crap and won't cut it.

17-Sep-14
Lathrop & Sons

17-Sep-14
x2 Lanthrop. Doesn't look like much but is very effective.

17-Sep-14
No doubt the Quest insole is one of the worst I've ever seen. I put the Lathrop's in mine and they made the Quests a completely different boot for me.

17-Sep-14
Thanks, that's what I was leaning towards, have them in my Pronghorns and they are great.

17-Sep-14
I tried the Lathrops in my Lowas and they took up way too much volume in the toe box. Went with Sole instead.

18-Sep-14
I have SOLE in my Solomans, Zamberlans, and casual shoes, because I have had plantar fasciaitis problems and I tried a lot. They come in 3 thicknesses.

18-Sep-14
how does the Lathrop compare to super feet ??

18-Sep-14
Www.footlevelers.com

18-Sep-14
The Lathrop is a completely different style than Superfeet. It's a soft gel type insole whereas the Superfeet are a hard insert.

19-Sep-14
superfeet for me

19-Sep-14
Powersteps are great footbeds as well. I used to work at a running specialty store and probably 90% of what we sold was inserts. DO NOT order them online, they are all very different. You will love some and absolutely hate others. In general, superfeet are great space fillers. They don't have a ton of arch but just the right amount for someone that wants a little more than their standard insert. Powersteps have a pretty substantial arch. They fit like a glove for the right foot. Sole inserts are thermomoldable so you can put them in the oven or after a few days of hard use your body heat will mold them a bit. The biggest downside is they degrade much faster than any other insert because you are basically constantly molding them. They have a very high arch which works very well for people with plantar fasciaitis or that have a high arch. If you have a normalish arch, they might feel like too much. A lot of people describe sole inserts as having a golf ball under their arch. If they feel like this, it is too much arch.

If you are looking for more cushion check out spenco brand inserts, they have many different styles so find someone with a good selection and try them out.

• Sitka Gear