Bateman 18-Sep-14
Bateman 18-Sep-14
Bateman 18-Sep-14
SJJ 18-Sep-14
bowhntr 18-Sep-14
2rope2 20-Sep-14
HuntEasy 21-Sep-14
17-Sep-14
Long skinny pedal down CA heading towards Western NM. Besides the bow fiasco ( cop finally told us he was going to arrest us if we didn't get off I-5 shoulder, looking for the bow), weather reports are wet in western NM, with flash flood watch til end of day Thursday. What's the word on the sitch over there? After getting washed out third season 16B last year, that oh Sh&t here we go again feeling is sinking in. Weather forecast says Sat Sun look favorable. How saturated is it in NM?

17-Sep-14
Its wet i had the second hunt in 17 and pulled out today for fear we wouldnt be able to get our camper out. I think you'll be fine though its supposed to pass through by friday. Good luck. Shane

17-Sep-14
It's wet! I live on the 13/17 boundary and it's been raining for two days straight with more predicted over the next couple days.

17-Sep-14
Is there another big storm coming in early next week? How was the rutting action in 17? If the weather breaks, hopefully these bulls will be ready to get it on.

18-Sep-14

Bateman's embedded Photo
Bateman's embedded Photo
My little brother is in 16A right now. I talked to him yesterday and it has been raining since Monday, but nothing is floating away yet. I hunted last weekend with him, and the bulls were talking a lot early and late. Not too aggressive yet, but coming in to cow calls. The other hunter in our group tagged out Monday on a nice 6x6. Third hunt should be fantastic.

18-Sep-14
Aren't they calling for 9+ inches? Hope your luck changes...

18-Sep-14

Bateman's embedded Photo
Bateman's embedded Photo
picture of headwaters of Willow Creek/Willow Mtn for those hunting 16B.

18-Sep-14

Bateman's embedded Photo
Bateman's embedded Photo
one more of 16A

18-Sep-14
Pics are dark but thanks for posting. Pie Town weather keeps looking better by the hour. Only a 20 percent chance of rain tomorrow and less on Saturday. It's going to be epic!

18-Sep-14
Brothers in 36.....lost a couple days to rain & fog...back at it today..

18-Sep-14

Bateman's embedded Photo
Bateman's embedded Photo
sorry for quality, light was bad. Elk camp

18-Sep-14

Bateman's embedded Photo
Bateman's embedded Photo
willow creek

18-Sep-14

Bateman's embedded Photo
Bateman's embedded Photo
willow creek

18-Sep-14

Bateman's embedded Photo
Bateman's embedded Photo
Dark Canyon

18-Sep-14

Bateman's embedded Photo
Bateman's embedded Photo
calm before the storm, top of Dark Canyon

18-Sep-14

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo

18-Sep-14
17 was ok they were starting to heat up the last couple of days.

I lost my bull due to a not so good shot and the rain washing away the blood trail. Pretty bummed.

20-Sep-14
I am in 10. Didn't get large amount here. Cell service is spotty. But It sprinkled here all day couple days ago. We pulled camp and moved to better roads and higher ground for fear of not being able to get truck out. Think it hit the south and sw like mentioned earlier

21-Sep-14
Seen some good bulls, passed on some smaller ones. It's halftime right now and we're 0 for 3!

• Sitka Gear