HockeyDad 19-Sep-14
gogittem 20-Sep-14
tradmt 21-Sep-14
sticksender 21-Sep-14
t-roy 21-Sep-14
Buffalo1 21-Sep-14
midwest 03-Oct-14
18-Sep-14
I saw that Y of horns out there 95. That would be a lofty goal. Too bad you didn't get him. Maybe next time.

18-Sep-14
Cool thread. Keep it coming!

19-Sep-14
I'm just proud of you for the fact that you didn't cry while typing this up. Did you?

19-Sep-14
Great story thanks for sharing. You stuck with them and I respect that!!

19-Sep-14
Way to stay optimistic! You told the story that a lot of hunters can identify with in one way or another. Better luck next time!

19-Sep-14
hell of a story man! we all have shots like that from time to time

19-Sep-14
After all that you deserved to get that antelope. I'm sorry that didn't happen for you. I agree with gogitem. We've all had tough luck like that.

Good luck with the rest of your hunting season.

19-Sep-14
So you attempted to shoot through the mesh, but hit the seam--is that what the picture shows?

19-Sep-14
Wow! What more can you say other than that really sucks. I can't say you didn't earn that big guy; unfortunately getting rattled is (or at least should be) part of bowhunting. I have always said that the day I loose that feeling when I commit to a shot is the day I can hang it up. You can't buy that.

I will say your thread title is spot on. Chalk it up to the old adage "there's always next year." Great read.

19-Sep-14
Wow

Fun reading - you must have a lot of free time. I'm jealous!!!

19-Sep-14
"When I left the blind at 8pm after 38 straight hours"

I was gonna say you are way more dedicated than I am.

But then I thought, if I knew I could kill the WORLD RECORD pronghorn I wouldn't stay in a ground blind for 38 hours!

So, I think you may just be crazy. No hard feelings, I bet your a nice guy but if your happy then "rock on"! LOL. Sorry it didn't work out for you. Was there anyway to spot an stalk him? Mike

19-Sep-14
Enjoyable read! Sorry you didn't drop one, but glad you had an adventure, after all, you could have been working - like me!!

19-Sep-14
Good read. I enjoyed the story. Bummer but that's bow hunting. The cool thing (but frustrating thing) about bow hunting is it seems you always get one chance. Whether you capitalize on that chance or not is the difference between success or not.

19-Sep-14
I have to disagree with you 95. I think your story is great. Sometimes we need to be reminded that some hunts do not result in kills, but we can still enjoy them.

My first archery antelope hunt was one of those, but I rate it right up there at the top with the most enjoyable hunts I've ever had.

19-Sep-14
95, thanks for sharing. Enjoyable read.

19-Sep-14
95,good story. sucks about hitting the blind. Forrest

19-Sep-14
Great story. Like Ermine said... that's bowhunting. Many times you work so hard for one opportunity. And.....

Sounds like you have some good lopes in the bag already. This time one got lucky...

Thanks much for takin' us along.

Note: did something like that on a mid-30" heart shaped axis broadside at maybe 12 yards. Big rock between us, his head down just plowing, full draw, stand up, hold low, TINK.... arrow goes a foot over his back. Brain-farted the fact that your arrow is not on the same plane as the sights. Just barely nicked the boulder I was behind with one blade. sigh......

As a certain randy President liked to say..... "I feel your pain...."

19-Sep-14
Regardless of the outcome, I really enjoyed this story. There have been some dandies on the Bowsite this year!

19-Sep-14
nice thread - thanks for sharing

20-Sep-14
I did what TD did when I was practicing angled shots for my Mtn goat hunt. I shattered an arrow off the railing of my deck. Today my arrow hit a soft spot in my target and sliced through my garden hose 5 yds behind it. There's always something, or so it seems!

21-Sep-14
Why was hunting not allowed on the BLM?

Great story, you have a lot of patience!

21-Sep-14
Nice report & thanks for sharing it. In one way pronghorns are fun to hunt 'cause they don't really try to hide & easier to find. But the frustration & challenge comes when trying to get in bow range. You gave it a damn good effort. I'll bet you're more eager than ever to return for the next try.

21-Sep-14
Great writeup 95! Can't wait to read next year's story, which I would bet money on that there will be!

21-Sep-14
Great write up on your lope hunt.

Congrats on a nice buck.

03-Oct-14
Nice work 95....really enjoyed the write up! Dang antelope are a fun hunt!

• Sitka Gear