Mr.C 28-Aug-15
SteveB 28-Aug-15
JLS 28-Aug-15
SteveB 28-Aug-15
luckyleo 28-Aug-15
AZBUGLER 29-Aug-15
24-Sep-14
So who else is in this boat with me?

I didn't go out of state to hunt elk this year because of my Nevada deer hunt. Our short season in WA is over (sans a token late hunt), and I punched my deer tag on a whitetail two nights ago.

Henry (my GWP) is ecstatic that I'll have plenty of time to chase red legs and ditch chickens. And I'll have plenty of time to take my wife and daughter out hunting which is a huge bonus.

HOWEVER, as I began my post season workout routine and finished up my Google Earth research and phone calls for next year, I was faced with the realization that next elk season is a long damned ways away!

Good Lord, we're not even done with September 2014, and I'm anxiously awaiting 9/15/15!

24-Sep-14
I am in that boat. Doing a DIY drop camp 9/5-10/15.

24-Sep-14
I hear ya! I've still got the whitetail rut to hunt here in MN. and WI. this year, but I cant get my mind off the elk hunt I have planned for next year in Col..

It will be a long year for sure!!

24-Sep-14
Yea it is so far away... I screwed up and said it was OK for my fiance to move up our wedding date to Sept. 27th - I didn't think I wouldn't have filled any of my tags. I know that was a dumb move on my part!

24-Sep-14
I too, and looking forward to 2015. I went to CO and had the best trip ever. I only wish I could have located more elk. I saw 4 cows but no shots. Great time!

24-Sep-14

25-Sep-14
No bull tag for me but I'm off to Utah next week on a meat hunt for cow elk, then hunting Coues by the border in November. Still have javelina & deer in January, but already started planning for 2015. Hoping to draw here in AZ again, if not, will apply in NM and a hailmary shot at Utah. If those fall through I've decided I'm going to Montana on a left over Combo tag for a couple weeks. I'm looking forward to that more than the tags I have in my pocket now. I'm definitely not sitting next year out.

25-Sep-14
C'mon man! A lot of us haven't even had the opportunity to hunt yet. It is a long ways away though, but I'm sure you'll pull through.

26-Sep-14
We have passed on doing our Limited Elk hunt here in Colorado unit 2/ or 201 now two years in a row with points to draw it. Assuming my dads back surgery has him ready to use a bow come April, we will drop the trigger on doing this hunt, if not we may have to draw rifle tags instead.

26-Sep-14
No western hunts for me since 2004! Hoping to be back in the saddle in 2015. Starting the research on ID, WY, CO, and maybe MT. Leaning towards WY, but a friend knows someone who has cabin in MT and usually does well every fall there elk hunting. Not sure the exact location of the cabin though. Lots more research to go.

26-Sep-14
I'm with ya, laid up with knee surgery. Post op 4 weeks, rehab is going great, can't wait until Sept. 2015!

DJ

26-Sep-14
Killed my bull did not even hear a bugle! The count down is definetly on!

27-Sep-14
Got home yesterday....want to be back there right now! Going to be a looooong year....no wait, it's only like 11 months now!

28-Sep-14
Just got back from Co. four of us tagged out on bulls, never seen so many elk, in elk every day. Hunted northwest of a town called Trinidad very few hunters OTC. tags DIY. Hope to make it back next yr.

01-Oct-14
I'm there too. Work schedule didn't allow a trip this year, so I've started my countdown till 2015. I'll probably head out around 9/5, so my countdown stands at 339 and counting.

01-Oct-14
I'm going back in November.

01-Oct-14
Starting in 2 weeks I will have 144 days in which I can hunt wt and turkeys with a 2 week hiatus in between

28-Aug-15
Down to 14 days and counting! Departure date was moved up to the 11th.......

I can hear the bugles already. Montana here I come!

28-Aug-15
Sold all my wheel bows to pay my wife's medical bills, not good enough to hunt elk with my grandads old recurve yet so will have a muzzle loader elk hunt this year. Counting down the days and hours until I can chase them bulls with a bow again next year. The muzzy hunt while it's an elk hunt it's just missing something that you can only get from the bow hunt. Can't wait!

28-Aug-15
45 minutes and counting for me.

28-Aug-15
About the same here, dad has been in camp on our spot all week and I've got a 8:15am issue here at work- then headed to CO unit 2.

28-Aug-15
365 for me. Didn't get drawn for squat!!!! Best of luck to you all

28-Aug-15
JLS they pushed Elk back almost 2 weeks this year yeeha 9-12/23 but Ill be in Alaska..Oh shucks anyway! are you East or West side good luck this year MikeC

28-Aug-15
Didnt you mean 385 days? 9/15 isnt here yet.....

I have to wait too, and not happy about it.

28-Aug-15
SteveB,

Note the date on the original post :^)

28-Aug-15
Oops :)

28-Aug-15
What are Gators???

29-Aug-15
I'm there with you. But I've got about 378 instead. And that's if I'm lucky in the draw for the first time in 8 years.

• Sitka Gear