woodguy65 30-Sep-14
t-roy 30-Sep-14
drycreek 30-Sep-14
Muskrat 30-Sep-14
Buffalo1 30-Sep-14
Surfbow 30-Sep-14
Owl 30-Sep-14
30-Sep-14
I left out a blind I was hog hunting from and it was full of spiders, wasps, crawdad holes, rats nest and even the lone bat. Has anyone else had a bat roost in their blind? Also, anyone have a way to decrease the amount of spiders that build in their blinds. I got another couple blinds I leave out and they are never as bad as this one for some reason.

30-Sep-14
The only thing I can think of would be to spray your blind and the ground around it with some sort of insecticide. Maybe something like Ortho Home Defense. I use that stuff in my house but also spray it around the outside of my doors. It works pretty good and doesn't have any odor.

30-Sep-14
Throw some hedge balls in your blind for spiders.

30-Sep-14
I would leave the bat alone. You could leave the Thermacell at home!

I have problems with mice getting in my pop up blinds if I leave them out for any length of time, so I always throw a few chunks of rat poison inside & it seems to help somewhat. Never had any problems with bats or spiders, though.

30-Sep-14
If left out for some time, your blind WILL have spiders in it, at least where I hunt. I use homemade bow blinds that are out 24/7/365. I generally wipe out the spider webs with a stick and have a good look-see with a strong light. Put a bug bomb in it a couple weeks before season opens, and everything will leave.

I had a plywood gun blind get blown over by wind years ago and it stayed on the ground for a couple months or more. We set it back up and I crawled up in it to clean out the spider webs. When my eyes adjusted to the light, I killed fourteen ( yep 14 ) black widow spiders. I had leather gloves on and I decided to just kill them rather than to go through the motions of trying to get the hell out of there. Needless to say, I wouldn't crawl in another without looking ( with a GOOD flashlight ). Ugh !

30-Sep-14
I'm more paranoid about finding a big diamondback or canebreak in my bling in the wee hours of the morn...I can live with a bat and spiders if I have to.

30-Sep-14
Don't kill the spiders- you need them for blood tracking purposes!!!

30-Sep-14
Bats can carry rabies, I wouldn't want one in there...

30-Sep-14
Surfbow+1.

• Sitka Gear