TD 01-Oct-14
Genesis 01-Oct-14
Bowfreak 02-Oct-14
Genesis 02-Oct-14
split_toe 02-Oct-14
LBshooter 02-Oct-14
bowriter 02-Oct-14
30-Sep-14
Looking at getting one of these to use this year.Anyone have preferences or dislikes with a certain model or any buying advice would be appreciated.

30-Sep-14
I have one but I didn't buy it for skinning - I bought it to help me get a deer in the back of my truck by myself. Get one that pivots, so you can turn it and get the deer in the bed...works great.

BTW it does work well for gutting/skinning deer also.

01-Oct-14
Why do you need such a thing, Steve.

Your boys are big enough to just stand on the tailgate, and hold the biggest buck out at arm's length while you take your time working on it. :-)

01-Oct-14
Mike,with them in school I broke the 4X4 post last year and ended up skinning him hanging from a bush! A fiasco that I hope nobody filmed.

Pat,does the Viking get the deer high enough in your opinion?

01-Oct-14
Nice looking piece of equipment. I have thought about one of those before as when I hunt at my buddies farm that is a few hours away I never have a decent place to skin.

01-Oct-14
My brother in law has the hitch version you mention and I have one that stands on 3 legs. Both work terrific. You will love it.

The crank locks with each small turn of the crank, thus you can raise lower the deer in one inch increments - helps with not only skinning but also deboning.

01-Oct-14
They have some cool products.

01-Oct-14
So Pat, use your pull to have them make a "Versa-Cart"!

01-Oct-14
Ordered ....thanks for the recommendation guys

01-Oct-14

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo
I thought by now we'd have seen pics of something very redneck.....

01-Oct-14

01-Oct-14

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo
This one is actually pretty cool as you can use the bumper winch on the truck....

01-Oct-14

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo
Nothing to do with hunting I guess, but interesting what comes up when you google "redneck pickup crane"......

01-Oct-14
Now why on earth would you think anything "redneck" would appeal to me? Ha

I wonder what the shipping cost on that Jeep rig would run a guy?

02-Oct-14
Steve,

Obviously you are a refined redneck or you wouldn't be looking for something like this. A full blown redneck would use the kitchen table. :)

02-Oct-14
Kitchen Table is just stupid when a bathtub is so much easier to clean.....:)

02-Oct-14
only dislike i have is its not tall enough for bucks so make sure you buy one with spacers or lift your truck 2 ft

02-Oct-14
I like their tilt and go hitch hauler, makes the most sense of any out there. Going to have to get one of those.

02-Oct-14
Might want to consider learning to skin one on the ground or tailgate. I haven't hung one in years. Got a cheap ($59) hitch hauler to avoid lifting them into the truck. Seems to work well on the only one I have killed since I got it. However, I sure like the one Pat has.

• Sitka Gear