dm/wolfskin 01-Oct-14
Heartshot 01-Oct-14
CTCrow 01-Oct-14
Will 01-Oct-14
UrbanHunter 01-Oct-14
spike78 01-Oct-14
01-Oct-14
6:38 AM LIVE from Ct*
Good morning. I thought I would do a live hunt today. My theory is the deer will move in light rain today or if there is a short break in the weather they will be on their feet moving. Got my umbrella setup in my hang on today. No ground blind. Just breaking day here gonna stick it out. Who knows maybe a bruiser will walk by! Staying dry so far!

01-Oct-14
Good luck!!! Wish I was out today as well!!

01-Oct-14
raining on n off in shelton..i thought about going out myself but the seductive power of blankie won...GL BUD!!!

01-Oct-14
7:37 AM LIVE from Ct*

Eagle Eye's MOBILE embedded Photo

The bed almost won this morning for me too! Lol didn't let it get me though. It's now 7:35am. Haven't had any action yet. If the deer decide to move their going to be right on top of me before I know it. The rain will let them walk around silently. Going to eat a glazed donut quick and get off my phone

01-Oct-14
mmmmmmmm donut..lol

01-Oct-14
Good luck EE, you are a better man than I as rain almost always keeps me home!

01-Oct-14
Good luck today. I went out in the rain yesterday and had one come in to 30 yards but never gave me a good shot.

01-Oct-14
8:25 AM LIVE from Ct*
Thanks everyone. I have a massive snapping turtle at 28 yards right now! Weird?! I'm about 3/4 of a mile from a swamp and that's it for a big water source around. This guys is on mission I tell ya, moving slow but making ground!

01-Oct-14
good luck hope the rain stops

01-Oct-14
Good luck EE blankie got me this morning and now I'm regretting it.. Should have went slam one buddy

01-Oct-14
9:11 AM LIVE from Ct*

It's now 9:05. The rain has slowed up and wouldn't you know. Immediately I have a small 5 point up feeding around 45 yards away. I told myself I wasn't going to shoot this guy after sitting all morning in the rain. Well he walks right up to my stand 10 yards broadside and it was tough to hold off. As I'm taking pictures and looking around for more deer I see a bigger 8 point like 90-100 inch buck behind him coming in. Now this guy was temping but I still passed. Can't shoot the mature bucks if you shoot the immature bucks. Let em go let em grow! So had two great encounters this morning with two bucks so far. Going to sit longer stay tuned. My theory was right, I love bowhunting!

01-Oct-14
Wow thats a perfect shot right there. What does pass up a buck mean?

01-Oct-14
Eagle,

a man after my own heart!! We should hunt together some time, we have a lot in common.

01-Oct-14
9:45 AM LIVE from Ct*
Spike78 it means exactly what it means. Lol I couldn't take pictures of the bigger 8 point because he came in trotting to catch up with the 5 point. 8 point stopped broadside at 14 yards, I drew on him, settled my pin on his lungs but didn't let it fly. All practice

01-Oct-14
9:57 AM LIVE from Ct*
Its 9:55 am. Just started to rain again where I'm hunting. I haven't had any action since those two bucks came thru. I don't feel like getting out of the tree yet, going to sit longer.

01-Oct-14
Great restraint man. Let em grow! People will say why not shoot him because he can walk over to the next property and get shot by another hunter. Ya, but if you shot him today he has no chance to grow!!

01-Oct-14
10:25 AM LIVE from Ct*
It's 10:25 now, Going to climb down. Had a great morning in the tree. Just is awesome to see some deer while up in the stand. Heading to get breakfast, hang another stand and then might hunt this evening again. Not sure yet because it is going to start raining again at some point. Not sure if I'll hunt this afternoon or not. Either way, I'll see you all soon.

01-Oct-14
WOW !!!....great hold off powers...now i hate myself for not going out,cursed blankie!!!

01-Oct-14
Sweet, nice encounters

01-Oct-14
Shoot them young before they grow old and too tough to eat. lol

01-Oct-14
EE that's a fun encounter wish I had gone just was lazy I guess. I like hunting in the rain was just one of those mornings. Good luck this afternoon

01-Oct-14
Good luck EE. Thanks for the ride and pics.

I have 5 people in the department asking me to bring in more venison jerky. I made 10 lbs (about3 lbs yield) for the office and brought it in Monday. Its all gone.

As my friend's 2 year old says: shoot deer, gut deet, eat deer.

01-Oct-14

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
CTCrow - that 2 year old is a smart kid :)

I'm impressed Eagle. I'm hopeful I have your restraint when things open around here. I want a ginormous 7pt (sounds funny, but he's ancient - see pic) in a bad way. (this is up here in MA). There is a small 6 and a small 4 that have been all over the same piece... I like to eat deer... It's going to be very hard to not shoot one of those little guys. They would taste good :)

I'm impressed by your knowing how you enjoy hunting, and sticking to your guns on it. Well done!

01-Oct-14
Great hunt! Great pix... CT LiveHunt on fire this year!!

01-Oct-14
Yup hopefully one day I find a honey hole and pass some up. Till then first come first serve.

• Sitka Gear