Contributors to this thread:
VogieMN 01-Oct-14
Backcountry 01-Oct-14
boothill 01-Oct-14
VogieMN 01-Oct-14
kentuckbowhnter 01-Oct-14
VogieMN 02-Oct-14
01-Oct-14
I tried a search and didn't find anything that matched my specific situation. I'm using

Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350s Bohning white wraps Blazer vanes Bitzenburger Jig Right Helical Clamp Slight Offset

The problem I am having is that once I clamp down the vane and let it set for a couple minutes, one side of the vane is adhered very well and on the other side you can see a gap between the vane and the shaft. It looks like its pretty well stuck to the arrow but if I pull on it I can increase that gap. Do you need to clamp and apply pressure so the vane is pressed against the arrow firmly? In all the youtube videos I've looked at, they just clamp it on and don't hold any pressure.

What could I be doing wrong?

01-Oct-14
Blazers can be tricky with a helical, even more so when you add an offset into it. You may have to adjust for the off-set.

Put a vane in your clamp and leave it dry, put it on the arrow just as would when gluing and inspect the vane to make sure all surfaces are touching the arrow, if not, play with the offset until you can get full contact.

01-Oct-14
I use the same arrows and wraps with Blazers as you. I've been using the mini jig for Blazers and don't have that issue. If your using a full length jig I think Backcountry is correct. Play with the offset and see what happens.

01-Oct-14
Thanks guys, I'll play around with that!

01-Oct-14
I had the same issue with the same wraps and vanes and adjusted my bitzenburger upper and lower dial on the jig and got the vanes to line up and adhere properly. I also used lots of glue and they stay put.

02-Oct-14
Kentuckbowhnter,

I adjusted those dials and got them to line up. I was a little surprised that I had to turn the top dial all the way to the left to get them to line up.

• Sitka Gear