JLS 03-Oct-14
Docstream 14-Nov-14
willliamtell 14-Nov-14
tjsna 14-Nov-14
JamesV 14-Nov-14
drycreek 14-Nov-14
Drahthaar 14-Nov-14
02-Oct-14
Just got email from Huntin Fool that the courts suspended Wyoming's wolf season for 2014. What a crock, was thinking of getting a tag when I head out there this winter.

02-Oct-14
Got it too, not much details but the Wyo's should be screaming mad...

02-Oct-14
This is what I got in the email

Dear Bryan,

The U.S. District Court just ruled that hunting of Gray wolves in Wyoming will be suspended for at least the 2014 season. We wanted to make you aware that this ruling affects the wolf hunt information in our October issue. However, the Idaho and Montana wolf information is still relevant, and we still recommend Idaho as the best state for non-resident wolf hunts.

Sale of Gray wolf licenses has been suspended. If you have already purchased a Gray wolf license, Wyoming Game and Fish is establishing a system to provide a refund.

For more information on the ruling and Wyoming Game and Fish's response, click here.

02-Oct-14
Well, that was a surprise...... NOT!!!!!!!!! SMH is the only civil response I got on this one. Just remember every time you get a liberal nutbag on here saying how great they are and how they are being managed now, how they have a hold on this now, how it takes a sensible approach in discussion, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, that it is coming at the cost of the American Hunter and our heritage. My goodness, this was the dumbest thing modern man has ever accomplished, with the exception of voting Obama into office twice. God Bless

02-Oct-14
x2 WV....

03-Oct-14

nijimasu's embedded Photo
nijimasu's embedded Photo
Hopefully this will get straightened out. My understanding is that the state needs to write it law a bit more clearly before the judge will be compelled to reinstate hunts. Either that or the judge doesn't believe wolves really eat that much elk...

03-Oct-14
Great insight, Pat!

03-Oct-14
Actually Pat, it's not an issue of science. The judge affirmed that wolves were not endangered in Wyoming, and that genetic connectivity was sufficient. The issue is in the framework of Wyoming's plan as tohow they will maintain a population of 10 BP/100 wolves.

14-Nov-14
Anyone know the final status of the WY wolf hunt. this is disappointing at best if none are taken out this year.

14-Nov-14
Score one for the aunties for now. As we know, when dealing with the Feds, it's all about the paperwork. Hopefully we won't be playing 20 questions. At least we don't have to worry about the wrong kind of judges getting appointed for the next two years.

14-Nov-14
Seems to me that Wyoming coyotes come in many colors and are really BIG !!!!!!!!

Keep on Keeping on :-)......

Going after some of them BIG Wyoming coyotes and long tailed cats this weekend--should be fun !!

We got some tracking snow and the temps are rising back to a bearable level (above zero) been -20 last couple of nights so no good for chasing cats.

Good friends and a pack of leopard curs should be a good time.

14-Nov-14
We don't have a wolf problem here in the south because no law could protect them from the hunters. I would shoot everyone I saw and leave them lay. Same as we do with coyotes. I do have to admit that we are over-run with coyotes and shooting them on-site has not helped much. Same with hogs.

14-Nov-14
X2 James, but that won't stop us from trying to cut the population !

14-Nov-14
JamesV yes we do have a wolf problem in the south. RED WOLVES. not only can you not shoot red wolves but you can't shoot coyotes either. soon we won't have any deer and maybe all the wolves & coyotes will starve . Forrest

• Sitka Gear