Bigpizzaman 19-Oct-14
safari 19-Oct-14
kellyharris 20-Oct-14
pav 20-Oct-14
loesshillsarcher 20-Oct-14
sitO 20-Oct-14
ilandhunter 20-Oct-14
17-Oct-14
Let me tell you a story about a guy I've never personally met... a guy named Charlie. Charlie Rehor. Many of you here on the Bowsite know Charlie and have hunted with him. So, I'm sure this story will come as no surprise to you.

A couple of weeks ago, I sent a PM to Charlie asking if he could offer some advice for a friend of mine, John, who would be taking part in a paraplegic deer hunt on Prudence Island in RI. I knew Charlie lived on Prudence, and was hoping he could suggest a good spot or two where my friend would have a chance to get a deer.

Charlie immediately responded and asked me to have John call him. That led to numerous phone conversations between the two of them. Then, Charlie and his son went about preparing places where John could set up and have a good chance of seeing a deer.

Unfortunately, the week of the paraplegic hunt was the same week when a new ferry service to Prudence Island was slated to begin. To make a long story short, delays in passing a Coast Guard inspection resulted in the only day of the hunt when the ferry ran was Friday - and even then it wasn't until the middle of the afternoon. So, with little time available, John was able to take one evening stand in a blind that Charlie had already set up for him. They did have some deer coming in to their set-up. But, the wind must have shifted and the deer started blowing at them. There were no shot opportunities, and John caught the last ferry back to the mainland.

I cannot think of a better ambassador for the Bowsite - and bowhunting in general - than Charlie Rehor. What he did for my friend, John was wonderful. John hasn't been able to say enough about how much he enjoyed meeting and hunting with Charlie.

Thank you, Charlie. You're the best!

17-Oct-14
Good job CR! We need more folks like you.

17-Oct-14
Sounds about right! Well done CR

17-Oct-14
No surprise! He has always been gracious in providing advice to me whenever I have reached out to him! Well done Charlie and Matt!

17-Oct-14
Amen. Can't say enough good about Charlie. Wish we had more Charlies on here.

17-Oct-14
Well done CR

17-Oct-14
Charlie to the rescue... a fine ambassador of bowhunting!

17-Oct-14
Though I have never met Charlie either, everything I have read about him points to a real class act. Kudos to Charlie and his son for lending a helping hand.

17-Oct-14
"real class act" That about sums it up from what I've seen.

17-Oct-14
Way to go Charlie! Bowsite is full of folks with big hearts and who always help others.

17-Oct-14
I'm proud to call him a friend. Good man, Charlie!

17-Oct-14
He's our 'here'!

17-Oct-14
Ever see that video when that bear slipped and fell out of the tree and he claimed he killed it with his bow? :) Great footage

17-Oct-14
No surprise here:)

Class act.

17-Oct-14
Charlie is the example of a "true Southern gentleman" who just happens to live in R.I.

He is all heart !!

17-Oct-14
Just another example of a Bowsite member going above and beyond. Way to go Charlie!

17-Oct-14
The only time I've ever known Charlie to be classy is when he's either by hisself or with somebody....

17-Oct-14
Sounds like the apple did not fall too far from the tree. Well done Charlie.

My dealings with the man have been immediate and honest. A true gentleman, right there. Proof Pat has the best one-two punch on the internet in the hunting world.

17-Oct-14
Awesome!

17-Oct-14
Charlie is a class act! Good to hear stuff like this.

17-Oct-14
Not at all surprised. Good man right there.

17-Oct-14
Great to hear.

17-Oct-14
Good on ya Charlie. Great ambassador for bowhunting for sure.

17-Oct-14
good work, C!

17-Oct-14
Direct from the "Good Book":

Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.

Thanks for being unselfish Charlie. The verse above is my prayer for you and I am more than confident it will be answered.

You're a good man.

17-Oct-14
That is a great testimonial to an obviously wonderful individual. Thanks Charlie, and all of you that worked to help make the hunt happen.

17-Oct-14
SteveB, you just summed it all up! Charlie is an unselfish and giving a person whom we are blessed to have among our ranks. He has done other acts behind the scenes as well that he did without wanting to be in the spotlight. It is rare to meet someone so humble anymore. Thank you for all you do Charlie!

-Matt and Cheryl

17-Oct-14
Guaranteed his hat size has not changed a bit after the last 30 posts.

17-Oct-14
shureshot X2

17-Oct-14
Charlie you are quite an example for others to follow. Thanks Charlie.

17-Oct-14
he's all right for a grumpy old guy!

17-Oct-14
Charlie is a certified measurer for P&Y (as well as B&C, I believe). He drove from Rhode Island to western New York just to score the animals in my game room.

A real stand up guy. I don't think that I have ever seen him make a negative post on this forum....he looks for the positive, and always steers a wayward thread back on course.

17-Oct-14
Way to go Charlie!

17-Oct-14
I would expect no less from Charlie. Way to go!! Matt too.

17-Oct-14
Bravo Charlie. Nice story so thanks for that.

My best, Paul

17-Oct-14
He is always willing to help without expecting anything in return.

17-Oct-14
Only the finest ingrediments are used in the making of this fine HTC....

Good on ya Charlie. Matt too.

Feel free to, um, moderate my posts any time you like... =D

17-Oct-14
I try to read every post I see of his. Class act indeed.

17-Oct-14
I like these types of post. It is better to give than receive. Good Job.

17-Oct-14
Doesn't surprise me either. Charlie's a good guy.

17-Oct-14

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Wow! I just got in from hunting with John today and although I appreciate this thread Jimbo started there are many on this site doing lots more for folks than I ever will so good for all you guys!

No deer today for John but we had a great day trying. John fell from a tree stand 10 years ago and still has the fire burning to get after the deer! John is a great inspiration to all around him! He is paralyzed from the waist down but drives, skis, plays tennis and is involved in many charitable organizations and events!

I love the Bowsite threads about a child's first deer or someone helping someone and hope to do my share more often. I am a bit selfish myself and am trying to help others more! My teachers are my wife and Matt. Interesting when you learn good things from your kids! Rock on Bowsite! C

PS; cityhunter: Rudi's spirit lives!

18-Oct-14
That's the Charlie I know-- no surprise here--Go Pro Charlie (:^)

18-Oct-14
I love to see threads like this. It doesn't surprise me one bit about Charlie. Sometimes it is things like this that remind you what hunting is all about. Thanks Charlie for taking the time to help a stranger (now friend) out. The amazing thing is that this type of stuff is common on Bowsite. There are a bunch of selfless people on this site.

18-Oct-14
The internet is the internet at best ! Charlie is great to meet in person and spend some time with . Louis

18-Oct-14
Great man... Charlie. Ed F

18-Oct-14
Hats off to you Charlie !!

18-Oct-14
Makes me feel good inside to be associated with such great people...well done, Charlie!

Best Wishes, Jeff

18-Oct-14
To me this is what it is all about. Thanks CR. HUNT

18-Oct-14
Doesn't surprise me. Good job CR! Got to love bow hunters.

18-Oct-14
Charlie, thanks for being the real deal!

Mark

19-Oct-14
Yep I agree he is a very good man!

19-Oct-14
Charlie scores SCI also. He is a class act and a true gentleman.

20-Oct-14
Awesome job Charlie!!!!

Awesome character from a Bowsiter!!!!!

20-Oct-14
You're the man Charlie!

20-Oct-14
Glad to know him!

20-Oct-14
We've had our "differences" but Charlie is always fair, and professional, a good guy. Thanks for what your are doing sir.

20-Oct-14
Well Done

• Sitka Gear