dmandoes 18-Oct-14
nutritionist 20-Oct-14
dmandoes 20-Oct-14
walks with a gimp 21-Oct-14
18-Oct-14
Korn is king!

18-Oct-14
Pat:

What and when do you plan to do something with the corn and stubble? What plan for the corn area next year?

18-Oct-14
Can you shoot a bear legally ?

The bears do to your corn what hogs do to my beans !

18-Oct-14
Pat is this roundup ready type and give cost est to plant acre or so I once had 5 acres in Illinois of round up ready corn I couldnt wait to sit there Jan it seemed the deer didnt like my corn much . I heard if its not knocked down they wont touch it . I wanted to knock it down put that would be considered baiting so i just sat there watching a 5 acres of corn !!

18-Oct-14
all corn is not created equal. they will eat every kernel from one type and not touch another in the same field. deer prefer to have the corn knocked down but it does no good if its buried under snow and ice.

20-Oct-14

nutritionist's DeerBuilder embedded Photo
nutritionist's DeerBuilder embedded Photo

city hunter..this is why i am recommending people to plant Cannamaize. Cannamaize is older genetic/early maturity corn. The deer will hit it better and the ear height is perfect for deer. You won't see all those stalks pulled to the ground. The corn grows 4-6 feet tall which is ideal for deer. Plus it can be bought for under $200 a bag for round up ready and around $140 for conventional.

20-Oct-14
with cannamaize corn do the deer start eating on it when the silk comes out? i don't want the deer eating on my corn until october.

21-Oct-14

walks with a gimp's embedded Photo
walks with a gimp's embedded Photo
Deer here in Nebraska eat it off the cob on the stalk. Coons will push the stalk over to get the corn. Hell even my turkeys peck at it on the stalk. I have a suit block feeder in the back yard that is a measured 46 inches off the ground and the toms can stand under it and peck some seeds loose.

• Sitka Gear