primalman 22-Oct-14
Genesis 22-Oct-14
badbull 22-Oct-14
bowhunter55 22-Oct-14
Hammer 22-Oct-14
BC 23-Oct-14
Stekewood 23-Oct-14
19-Oct-14
Shot a huge doe this AM with a ST Magnum. 15 yard shot thru both lungs, almost knocked her over and she ran just 20 yards and piled up. Have shot ST's for about 8 years now and most deer have piled up within 35 yards. I can't expect a head to perform any better than they do. Since I am hunting within 50 yards of houses I always think about going to a huge mechanical so that there is less chance of a deer making it to the backyards or the pools but the Tricks have always done the job.

19-Oct-14

SmoothieJonez's MOBILE embedded Photo
SmoothieJonez's MOBILE embedded Photo

Destroyed heart 09/18/2014 via 125gr SlickTrick. Couldn't agree more with you.

19-Oct-14
I don't think they are necessarily any better than other top fixed blades but they certainly are at least as good. Have shot literally hundreds of whitetails with them and have no interest in making a change. I shoot the 125 Mags. One of these days I'm going to get around to sharpening the whole drawer full of blades that have been through deer. :-)

19-Oct-14
Hundreds? Wow, where do you hunt that lets you shoot so many deer?

19-Oct-14
The brand of broadhead doesn't kill the deer. I'm pretty sure its more about where you hit them. Unless it's a rage, deer drop in their tracks at just the sight of them.

19-Oct-14
Man, smoothie I could have gone without the photo to prove your point. Save that one for Halloween.

I use slicks and they get the job done, I am considering trying the viper tricks this year, they look very interesting and am curious if the penetration with those heads are even better the the standard heads.

19-Oct-14

grizzlyadam's embedded Photo
grizzlyadam's embedded Photo
Razor trick! Lost deer that "jumped the string" hit in the same spot with mech heads. Never again!

19-Oct-14
Great Heads!!!!

19-Oct-14
Love the Vipertricks.

20-Oct-14
Indiana lets you kill 300 deer a year??? Holy smokes... I couldn't afford that many arrows, let alone deer tags...

22-Oct-14
Been using the ST mags for 4 years. Have killed 8 deer with them. No need to change

22-Oct-14
Would love to see a Slick Trick vs Snuffer "Cage" match.....

22-Oct-14
My sons and I switched from mech. this year (after trying them for a few years after hunting fixed for many many years) to Viper tricks due to mixed results from mechanicals. On our annual trip to the Rockies this year we took two mule deer bucks, a pronghorn buck, an elk (went 7 yds after hit), and a moose. The most impressive thing was that the moose was hit in the front leg ( a deflection from a willow twig) that completely broke the front leg and was then easily dispatched with a second shot through both lungs. He then went down within 30 yards. I know this is a limited number of samples but I am throughly impressed at this point

22-Oct-14
Been using them for 8 yrs. now. Have never failed me and I don't think theres a better broadhead on the market. This year I have the D6 Magnums on top of the FMJ deep six.arrows. Shot a nice doe last week,she never knew what hit her and piled up 30yds from me with 2 busted lungs. Awesome!

22-Oct-14
Slick tricks are a great BH. Just started using them the past few years and they have not let me down yet. Not entirely sold on the steep blade angle yet for my set up though as far as penetration is concerned but all in all they are a great head..

When I compared the slick trick durability to other BH I might use like a muzzy or thunderhead etc and a few mechanicals the slick trick performed better than those other top brands IMO. The VPA was the best for durability though IMO.

The stuff about 100's of deer is not a stretch at all. I hunted for many years on Dmaps at the family farms and it is not a stretch to take that many deer over time when you have the tags for it and have hunted for 25-30 years.

Just a regular hunter in my state of MI not using DMAPS can rack up an impressive whitetail counts over the years if they hunt certain counties that issue daily antlerless tags or daily multiple antlerless tags. The MI DNR pass them out like candy for some areas and might give 5 per day. lol. :o)

Just a guy filling only both of his combo tags and 1 antlerless tag each year could get to 100 deer in just over 30 years if he doesn't buy another tag. Keep it going stekewood.

23-Oct-14
Believe me, when Stekewood says hundreds of deer he means hundreds!!! I know this guy, he's a huntin' machine.

23-Oct-14
Caz, the vast majority of the deer were shot in the suburbs around Philadelphia. There are tons of deer and virtually unlimited antlerless tags.

• Sitka Gear