Bowsage 20-Oct-14
BOWUNTR 20-Oct-14
Stinkbait1 21-Oct-14
Franzen 21-Oct-14
Ambush 21-Oct-14
20-Oct-14

Stinkbait1's embedded Photo
Stinkbait1's embedded Photo
I thought I would share my version of the "Hamblaster" shot. 8:00 am Saturday morning I'm in my treestand. It's a beautiful morning and I am hoping a nice buck or fat doe shows up. I hear something running through the woods and coming towards me. I see the 1st of 3 coyotes. The lead 'yote passes on my left about 20-25 yards, I lip squeak but he doesn't stop. The second is trotting along about 30 yards behind the 1st on the exact path. I said to myself "just shoot him". Coyote #2 steps behind a cluster of trees, I draw and when he steps out I loose the arrow. Arrow flight looks good and I hear a hollow "thump" sound. He makes no sound and takes off. The 3rd yote knew something was up and takes off to the East. I wait about an hour, get down and find blood. I find my arrow and it shows signs of a good hit. I follow the heavy blood trail about 40 yards and find the coyote very dead under a blackjack tree. Arrow was a complete pass through both hams and took out the femoral artery. I would love to say the shot placement was intentional but it wasn't. I aimed for the heart/lung area but my lead was off a bit. Anyway, I got rid of one of the many coyotes we have in our hunting area.

20-Oct-14
Ahaa, We have a new Hamblaster!!! lol

That's a good coyote good and dead. Congratulations Stinkbait1

Ole Thumper

20-Oct-14
congrats - get 'em all!

20-Oct-14
Nice!!!!

20-Oct-14
Good deal!! I want to get one with my bow,,, someday.

20-Oct-14
Oooooh ! Hope the " coyote shot placement police " don't show up . You did good !

20-Oct-14
Heck Yeah! Great work, Stinkbait1!

20-Oct-14
HDYLMK!

Good job on the yote!

20-Oct-14
Nice shot on a moving target!

20-Oct-14
Nicely done!

20-Oct-14
Whatever works Lewis

20-Oct-14
That is totally unethical. You should have turned him with the squeaker and shot him frontal! jk:)

Nicely done.

Only one I ever killed with bow, I shot from the tree an hit him at the base of the skull. So I guess when it comes to shot placement on coyotes, it doesn't matter! They all work!

20-Oct-14
Awesome with trad gear! Congrats.

20-Oct-14
Nice

20-Oct-14

Ambush's embedded Photo
Ambush's embedded Photo
Whacked this one this morning as he worked up a ravine. Fawn eaters shouldn't hang around tree stands. The "blind wrecker" bear is next on the hit list

20-Oct-14
A great opportunity to promote your ham piercing coyote killing bone crushing blood pouring broadhead!!!! :)

20-Oct-14
Congratulations. .. A coyote with traditional gear is a huge accomplishment. Way to go. Ed F

21-Oct-14
Thanks Gentlemen.

Good job Ambush. I like that picture. Mine was so bloody on both sides that I had to pick the "best" side for a picture. In hindsight I should have taken the picture from the same angle as you did. I just didn't think it through.

But, my picture does show the huge exit hole and massive bloodtrail produced from my 125 gr. Muzzy Phantom Broadhead. These broadheads are the best. Nothing else compares to them. The bleeder blades are tougher and thicker than most broadheads main blades and they don't break off inside the animal. The only downside is they are not shaving sharp out of the package. But, any bowhunter worth his bottle of doe p should be able to sharpen his broadheads. Usually, all I have to do with the Phantoms is take them out of the package and buff them on my polishing wheel and they will shave hair off my forearm. ;-)

21-Oct-14
Say it ain't so!! Way to shoot that 'yote anyhow!

21-Oct-14
Thanks Stinkbait! and congratulations on pulling off the moving shot. Not easy on a slinky, quick moving target like a yote. I only posted that shot because it was pretty messy from the sides.

• Sitka Gear