CD 15-Nov-14
Bou'bound 16-Nov-14
Bigpizzaman 16-Nov-14
GhostBird 16-Nov-14
Nowork 16-Nov-14
OFFHNTN 17-Nov-14
writer 22-Nov-14
20-Oct-14
Just arrived back home from Wyoming last week. Took a really nice ram, had to use a rifle 293 yards. I guess I chickened out, at 15 years of trying to draw, and being 63 old, my only sheep hunt, I just gave in. Tough hunt , area 1 Wyoming. took 12 days of hard hunting. I don't know how to post pictures from my computer to this site. Any help would be appreciated

20-Oct-14
Look underneath where it says "embed a photo"

Click "choose file"

Navigate to your picture on your computer, and select it.

You will see the "No file chosen" change to your image file name.

Submit message, That's it!

Congrats on a successful hunt!

Best of Luck, Jeff

20-Oct-14

cliff's embedded Photo
cliff's embedded Photo

20-Oct-14

cliff's embedded Photo
cliff's embedded Photo

20-Oct-14

cliff's embedded Photo
cliff's embedded Photo

20-Oct-14
Congrats thats a good one!

20-Oct-14
Thanks for the help posting the pictures.

20-Oct-14
Congrats on an awesome sheep. Great job

20-Oct-14
congrats!!!

20-Oct-14
congrats! how about more of the story? what outfitter and what do you think of them?

20-Oct-14
congrats, thanks for posting

20-Oct-14
That is a beautiful ram,don't beat yourself up for using a rifle.I would have probably done the same thing,as I am 63 also.Congrats

20-Oct-14
Took me 2 trips to Wyoming to get him. 1st was 1 Sept to the 10 Sept . Went with some friends on a backpack hunt. They live in Worland and have hunted the area for deer before, not sheep. We found a few good rams but were not able to get any closer than 450 yards to any of them. Sheep were still in the timber and up high. Spent alot of time just getting to the area we would see sheep and then they would be gone or moved. Tough hunt rugged terrain as any sheep country is.

20-Oct-14

cliff's embedded Photo
cliff's embedded Photo

20-Oct-14

cliff's embedded Photo
cliff's embedded Photo

20-Oct-14
Congrats on a great ram! You don't have to explain to anyone why you chose the gun. It's a great sheep and congratulations are in order and that's it! Please post up more pictures and share your story!

20-Oct-14
Congrats on something most of us will never get to do! Who cares what weapon you chose!

20-Oct-14
You didn't chicken out or give in Cliff, you hunted the way you wanted to and used the weapon you wanted to. Don't ever make an apology for that.

Congrats on a great Ram.

20-Oct-14
Nice am how old is he. getting in bow range isnt all that impossible i killed one with bow

20-Oct-14
That's a beauty, Cliff.....congrats. And thanks for sharing.

20-Oct-14
Cliff, Congrats on a great ram. I dont know if you remember but we sat together at the Eastern Wild Sheep banquet a few years back when it was in Maryland. My girlfriend now wife Deana and I sat with you and your wife.

Glad to hear you finally drew the tag and were rewarded with such a great ram!!

Would love to hear the story sometime.

Chris Muller

20-Oct-14
Congrats on a nice ram! How is it being mounted a the taxi shopaholic?

20-Oct-14
Congrats on a great ram!

20-Oct-14
Nice ram, congratulations!

20-Oct-14
Nicely done on a great ram!!!

Mark

20-Oct-14
Cityhunter, getting in archery range of Alaska grizzlies and browns isn't impossible either, I've killed 5 of em.....

Cliff, tremendous trophy, I tip my hat to you. No apology ever needed for that, not by any means. Good job to all of those involved in the hunt

20-Oct-14
Nice ram . Congrats !

20-Oct-14
Nice ram! Who cares if it was with a rifle!!

20-Oct-14
Congrats !!!! nice ram and pics.

21-Oct-14
Congratulations Cliff. How about some more details on your second trip. The hunts you work hardest on are the one you remember the most.

21-Oct-14
Came out on Oct 3 for second hunt . Went with Crandall Creek outfitters. Their base camp is in area 1 . They were able to fit me in to their schedual. The base camp was 4.5 hours hourse back ride from trail head. These guys have hunted the area for over 23 years and knew where to look for rams. They love to hunt sheep and were probably more excited then me when I harvested my ram. I told them I was looking for a good reperensitive ram , may be 3/4 curl or heavy broomed off 5/8 curl would be good . They said they probably do better than that. Cory Fisher the owner did the guiding and cooking, his nephew Lane and Lane's friend Paul Miller did the rangling and also guided. So I had 3 guides, I was the only hunter in camp. They spotted rams the first evening after we got to camp. Told me barely 3/4 curl and a small 1/2 curl. Looked good to me through the spotting scope. but they said too small.

21-Oct-14
CONGRATS CLIFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21-Oct-14
Next day we set out at dawn ,saw rams throughout the day but only smaal young rams. got back to camp just before dark. This was the way itwent for the hunt. We did see some large rams 5 infact but they went over a ridge 5 miles off , so we went back to camp early got more gear and headed back up to find them. Spent the night on the mountain and glassed for them again the next day where Cory thought they were heading. No go, so on Wensday. we came down from bing on the Mt overnight got back to camp around 6pm. They glassed the near by Mt's and found a GOOD ram just above camp . So Thursday we headed up the Mt. Horses sure can get you back in alot faster. Well we found the ram but he went and got himself where you could not approach him. Could not get a shot even with a rifle, When he saw us he took off into the timber.We tried to follow his tracks and found more tracks of other rams. Spent the rest of theday up along the timber glassing to see if the ram or rams would come out.

21-Oct-14
At 4:17pm we decided to start down. We were about 3 miles from camp, Cory had Lane & Paul go back and lead the horses down, we were a few miles from where we left them. As we starteddown we would stop ang glass arounr the timber and crevices. While comming down Cory spotted some sheep on the edge of the timber next to a deep crevice. They were above us . Cory ranged them at 424. We watched them for about 1/2 hr before we knew they were Rams, GOOD Rams. Well it took another 45 min before they present a shot. 393 yrds. Typo on first post of 293. I took the ram that present the best shot. Cory said later the other was shorter horned but thought bigger bases. I hit the Ram and he did a nose dive wright into this deep crevice. Now it's a little after 6pm. Took us 30 minutes to get to where he dropped. The crevice was Deep and Steep. It was getting dark and I told Cory I did not think I would be able to get down to the Ram without falling. He agreed it was really to steep for me and we need to get the ram out tonight. Bears! They have lost game to bears and wolf's before leaving it overnight. So Cory called Lane & Paul back up. No way were we going to get this ram out whole. By the time we got him to camp, back packed down the mt, and hiked to camp it was 9:30 pm. As I said earlier these guy's wer just as excit about this ram as I or maybe more. TheY started to measure him before we even got the meat put up. The ram was 8.5 yrs the scored hi at 1705/8 . Cory does BC scoring. I don't know much about ram scores or do I really care. This guy was more than I hoped for. Lane said a 170 ram is really good for Wyoming. So thats basically the story

21-Oct-14
congrats

21-Oct-14

cliff's embedded Photo
cliff's embedded Photo

21-Oct-14

cliff's embedded Photo
cliff's embedded Photo

21-Oct-14

cliff's embedded Photo
cliff's embedded Photo

21-Oct-14

cliff's embedded Photo
cliff's embedded Photo

21-Oct-14

cliff's embedded Photo
cliff's embedded Photo

21-Oct-14
Cityhunter +1

Cliff, don't apologize for a hunt of a lifetime. Glad I got to see it.

21-Oct-14
Good Stuff Cliff...Congrats...

21-Oct-14
Congrats Cliff. Great ram. I've camped in that same place myself.

21-Oct-14
Wow, teach a guy how to post photos and he goes crazy! LOL, congrats! Mike

21-Oct-14
thanks for sharing.

21-Oct-14
Congrats on a great hunt! The rifle doesn't diminish it one bit in my eyes and there is no need to apologize for it. I'm glad everything went well for you!

21-Oct-14
Congrats on a great animal!!

21-Oct-14
CONGRATS Cliff! I was concerned about how your hunt was going...esp when you didn't post anything in Sept...beyond fantastic that you took a great ram!...I told you area 1 is tough, as you now know!...however you def saw quite a few rams for sure...savor the feeling that you got yourself a Bighorn.

14-Nov-14
Thanks for all the support and kind responses. If any one has been applying for Wyoming sheep and has less than than max points,and needs to get it done in the next few years , I'd suggest to look into the less popular areas. The rams are there. Not as many but with a little luck and good outfitter you can get her done. Big rams can be in any area.

14-Nov-14
Great job Cliff. Congratulations and thanks for sharing with us!

14-Nov-14
Congrats!

14-Nov-14
Great ram. I'd love for mine to look exactly like that one day. Beautiful country too. Well done.

15-Nov-14
Keep the pics (and hunt/draw info) coming! Congrats again on a great WY adventure !

Mark

15-Nov-14
Congrats on a great ram Cliff...I'm green with envy!

15-Nov-14
Way to go Cliff. Excellent ram!!!!

15-Nov-14
Congratulations!!!!!

16-Nov-14
when guys come on an appoligize for using a rifle are they really sorry or just looking for affirmation, which they deserve, that all is cool.

true regret would have meant no post in the first place.

good ram, good, hunt.

16-Nov-14
Way to go Cliff!!!!! Congrats!

16-Nov-14
Congratulations!!!

16-Nov-14
Nice Hunt!!!!

17-Nov-14
Congrats on getting it done!

22-Nov-14
Great hunt, Cliff...I'm really happy for you.

• Sitka Gear