midwest 14-Dec-15
GF 14-Dec-15
Bowfreak 15-Dec-15
deerman406 16-Dec-15
Towhead 16-Dec-15
raghorn 16-Dec-15
stealthycat 16-Dec-15
20-Oct-14
Has anybody used these new arrows? I'm interested if they would benefit penetration or hinder it. It seems to me that maybe the inset expandable broad head would cause more resistance, reducing the chance of a pass- through. Let me know your thoughts! Here's the link to the video! !https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2axDG7Vw2WI

20-Oct-14
http://slasharrows.com

Heres the actually site.

20-Oct-14
Does the 12.5 gpi include the 60 gr COC head as well?

20-Oct-14
I don't think it does. Here is a link from another forum with a lot more information. http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=1208041

This one also popped up on google... http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=1205145&highlight=Slash+arrows

21-Oct-14
If not that arrow should have a ton of energy even for a bow with lower poundage. A 28 inch arrow will weigh 350 gr add a 100 grain head and at 450+ gr you have a good all around hunting weight if their claims are true that it doesn't suck up energy on impact. I'm skeptical, but an interesting concept.

21-Oct-14
In one place on tech specs they show the arrow being 12.5gpi but under factory specs they show 8.6gpi.

So the 12.5 has to be the total average weight.

But - for an company to advertise that their arrow/broadhead combination kills quicker because of hydrostatic shock is ridiculous. (Check the tech specs page) I quote

"Hydrostatic shock or shock pressure occurs when an arrow's kinetic energy is converted into a lethal, fluid pressure wave inside an animal. The more hydrostatic shock, the quicker the kill"

Another thing - Would the broadhead be legal in states where a cutting diameter greater than 7/8 is required? Do the rearward blades count in that case?

And, there are many arrow/head combinations out there that can get a 28" arrow up to around 450gr and have a good balanced FOC.

21-Oct-14
The blade pivot point looks like a good place for the shaft to break. JMHO

-Joe

14-Dec-15

ShotgunAg's embedded Photo
ShotgunAg's embedded Photo
I use these arrows and love them... the 2nd set of blades do not deploy from the shaft until they are inside the game. The wound channel is amazing. Have used them on hogs and deer.. fantastic results.

14-Dec-15

midwest's Link
Watch the slo mo arrow flight at about the 1 min. mark of the video.

14-Dec-15
Perhaps next year they'll add a four blade version!

A solution to a problem we didn't know existed until they solved it for us:) Gotta love American ingenuity!

The number of arrows I practice with, lose and or break while hunting animals would be quite an annual expense!

14-Dec-15
The corkscrewing motion helps to slash a hole the size of your fist thru the duikers and house cats they were shooting.

14-Dec-15
They lost me at "hydrostatic shock".

15-Dec-15
Are these the "blood sloosh arrows" oft talked about by TBM/Bighurt?

16-Dec-15
Sorry I am not a fan of any expandable or ecsp. an arrow like this. I watch hunting shows quite often late at night as I don't sleep. In most instances the guys shooting expandables rarely get a pass through. They get a hatchet wound going in but no exit hole and god forbid they hit bone or the shoulder. They may kill the deer on a shoulder shot but rarely have a good blood trail I am sorry these arrows are just another gimmick that some people buy into. As for the arrow flight, that may not be a result of the arrow but the tune to the bow. I believe a lot of the use of expandables is that they make up for bad tuning and also in a study I read recently in deer and deer hunting(pretty sure)they do increase odds of recovery when a bad hit results in a deer shot back or in the guts, but result in far less recoveries in deer shot near or in the shoulder. Shawn

16-Dec-15
I have actually seen and handled these arrows. Your biggest hindrance will be when the front 4" Of hollow aluminum with the two slits cut in it fail there by turning your arrow into a blunt or worse. There is no internal support for where the blades are housed. Just hollow aluminum with the cut outs for the blades. Any amount of leverage seems to me would make these crumple.

Turkey would be the ONLY think I would risk shooting with these things. Maybe a raccoon.

16-Dec-15

raghorn's embedded Photo
raghorn's embedded Photo
Here is a homemade version that I picked up many years ago for my broadhead collection. There is nothing new in archery.

16-Dec-15
that's just stupid advertising - that the animals die withing inches ? look at that one shot - on a 50 pound animal and they had 30" if shaft sticking up in the air - pathetic

will they work? sure - but then dang near anything will work if the arrow placement is right

you're using a 3 blade fixed head already - I see zero advantages and actually more disadvantages in less penetration, more things to go wrong/break etc

• Sitka Gear